Earworms (Songs That Get stuck in Your Head)

I made the mistake of watching 台灣大哥大 on Saturday, just to watch Tata Young, and saw a Hong Kong singer doing his song 脫掉 tuo diao. Now I can’t get the thing out of my head, it’s too catchy. Damn it.

外套脫掉 上衣脫掉 …

If I buy the CD, someone shoot me. :help:

That’s Alex To, right? He scares me… he looks like a molester.

Hopefully this thread will be cathartic and help release the demons within, setting free those silly lyrics bouncing around in your/my cranium, making room for new nonsense. . . . Better yet, maybe it’ll get some of these stupid lyrics stuck in someone else’s head. :smiling_imp:

Anyway, I’ve been watching the Wizard of Oz a lot lately with my 2 year-old and hadn’t realized how full of catchy tunes it is. The lion’s courage song is great, but scarecrow’s “If I only had a brain” song and dance routine is truly stuck in my head. :idunno: Here it is (though perhaps one needs to view his crazy dancing as well to get fully hooked):

How about you? Got a tune you just can’t shake from your head lately?

I’ve always thought that English needs a snappy phrase to describe this phenomenon. In German they call it Ohrwurm (ear-worm), which I think nicely represents the concept.

My current ear-worm is Put Your Records On by Corinne Bailey Rae as my other half seems to be playing this song all the time at home. I didn’t feel strongly about it one way or the other, but now it’s stuck in my head I want it out!

I love the German expression ‘earworm’ mine at the moment is “Band of Gold” by Freda Payne :blush:

I have 2 such songs that I can’t get rid of…

1. Some slow song by Jo-Lin shudder no idea of the lyrics but the gf says its called “rewind”.

2. If I even think about Mike Oldfield’s “Moonlight Shadow”… it will be there all day, it was once stuck in my head for 3 weeks :fume:

Damn… now I’ve done it :fume:

I’d much rather have “Band of Gold” in my head… can we swap?

This is an interesting topic. I have even had difficulty getting to sleep some nights because of a tune stuck in my head. Most recently was something I heard on the radio by Beyonce (is that spelled right? BEE-YON-SAY) I believe it may have been called Work up on it. Not really into hip-hop but this little tune just stuck with me for days.

For some reason a lot of stuff by Dave Matthews does this to me too.

Mine is the Carrefour jingle. :help:

Joeshee jalafoo!!

(pardon the pinyin; it’s been stuck in my brain too)

But the worst thing about that jingle is the high-pitched 天天噢! (tiāntian ou!) at the end; the very reason for my continuing Jialefu boycott. Mind you, the Wellcome song is nearly as inane.

That Na Na na song by Kylie Minogue. Uhhhh.

Someone lend me a pistol.

(Edit: I’ve just realised - the lyrics go “…Can’t get you outa my head…”)

Any gosh-darned childrens song. I’m in hell.

Eddie Murphy - “My Girl Wants to Party All The Time”

That and “New Honda, New Civic, New Story.”

My buddy had Pheobe’s “Smelly Cat” song (from Friends) stuck in his head for [i]days[/]. A couple of days after he finally got rid of it, we were skiing Red Mountain. Beautiful spot: loads of snow, almost no people, dead silent.

Me: “Hey, Ken!..
‘Smelly cat, smelly cat,
What are they feeding you?
Smelly cat, smelly cat…’”

Ken: “Nooooooooo!!!” :astonished:

But the damage was done. He spent much of the rest of the day carving up fresh powder, singing at that stupid song on the top of his lungs. :rainbow:

Let us not forget:

C,C,Lemon…yeah!..C,C, lemon! Yay!

ich bin Schnappi, das kleine Krokodil…

nina simone? My baby dont care for high town places, he don’t care for cars and races etc. etc. doo be doo be doo be doo be

shhhhhh! My kids will hear you and start singing it :fume:

These Mando-pop songs really kill me!

It’s wonderful how you do not love me

Don’t look, some people will be jealous.
Don’t hurt, some people will lose their tempers.
Don’t blame my want to live alone,
How could I and my friend and my friend’s boyfriend change?

I may pretend your relationship is finished.
Also I can loudly say I don’t care about the message.
If you really like me, don’t let me fall into:
I and my friend and my friend’s boyfriend, this group.

xing xing dzai ku
I cry at the stars.
How then is a distant thing looked after?
If I abandoned loyalty I could obtain happiness.
Why bother me with anything to care about?

xing xing dzai ku
I cry at the stars.
A pair of eyes meets fuzzily.
I do not play ambiguously, ambiguosity plays me.
I’m the most tenderhearted. You’re the clearest.

This song is always on MTV, and it’s always in my head, too.

http://blog.pixnet.net/post/137798/148726

I dig the CC Lemon jingle! (don’t tell anyone though…) It makes me laugh. Good old low budget 80’s style.

I can’t stand the awful store song that plays in those yellow 3C stores. It’s just the worst thing in the world. I won’t try to pin-yin it out here. It’s just bad.

Or one of these songs off my all-time hated list:

Bob Seger - ‘just take those old records off the shelf…gonna listen to them by myself’…Well, you just go do that Bob. I hope it works out for you.

The Macarena (of course)

Cotton Eyed Joe (my #1 anger right now)

Prince - Little Red Corvett

Oh man…I gotta stop. Danger.

The Chicken Dance is pretty despised as well.