Easter Sunday blasts in Sri Lanka

I was wondering that myself. This article seems to be refuting the notion:

That does seem to be a bit of a translation problem :slight_smile: I would imagine in Islam they wouldnā€™t take liberties with translating the Koran, in general. Iā€™ll look into a bit myself

Note to self: time to learn Arabic.

None of the translations here show the words Jews/Christians. Iā€™m pretty convinced itā€™s bullshit. Just someoneā€™s interpretation I guess.

1 Like

That chapter of the Quran doesnā€™t tell you a whole lot unfortunately.

It is basically an introduction that gives them the foundation of faith.

You need to look further in, and donā€™t just crack open the book and try to find it, it will take you a long time because the Quran isnā€™t chronologically organized like the Old Testament is. Go search for ā€œpeople of the bookā€ in the Quran and youā€™ll know what the book says about them.

Also the Quran isnā€™t 100%, they follow the hadiths just as much, and that contains far more ā€œthingsā€.

Nevertheless, that interpretation appears in a free version of the Koran printed in Saudi, so I imagine that many are reading it.

1 Like

Interesting

1 Like

Indeed. Gotta love the Saudis. :hushed:

1 Like

I just exceeded my normal quota of Koran reading right there. I have to do other things like make ice cream and listen to electro. Iā€™m sure itā€™s as least as nasty as the other dusty old books though.

3 Likes

As someone on th outside looking in. I donā€™t notice too much anti Christian stuff out in the open except for the more radical and extreme groups. But anti Semitic rhetoric seems to just be openly said all over. Most moderate Muslims Iā€™ve met seem at least ok with Christians overall. But my experience is they have a lot of anti Semitic thoughts and distrust of Jews and Israel/mosad.

Yet not many recent terror attacks have been against Jewish targets. I guess Israel doesnā€™t make it easy for them, and they bite back really hard. Much easier to go after soft targets in Europe.

But you agree thatā€™s what you notice as well? Or itā€™s just me that notice this. They almost all hate Israel and mosad. And have a huge distrust of Jews overall even among the more moderate ones. And lots of conspiracies about Israel, Jews and mossad out to get them and stuff.

The Jews have the misfortune of being hated by Muslims on one side and neo-fascists on the other. Itā€™s just a really ugly mix of historic, religious and political factors. At least Israel knows how to stay on top of the situation.

Self preservation at all costs . At the end of the day , they were very nearly overrun in the Syrian war decades ago . Had that not gone on , I suspect that some of the issues today would not be defendable .

There was a lot of anti semitism in Christian history as well in Europe. Martin Luther did contribute both to the reformation and likely planted some of the seed of anti Semitic ideas in nazi Germany.

Yeah, itā€™s pretty sickening how good parts of the Christian population all over Europe collaborated with the Nazis in exterminating Jews. Coming to America was a good choice though. There may have been a certain amount of anti-Semitism brought over from Europe, but Americans care about success even more, and the Jews have been nothing if not successful.

1 Like

fQAbHgr vaD5eDN

1 Like

Only 7% of Germans were Nazis , I thought ? It takes just a minority of extremists . Same is true of any zealots I suppose .

And a sheep-like population.