Easter Sunday blasts in Sri Lanka

You have to do this on the “down low”. China has so many people that it’s actually not that easy to draw attention…

But a better long term solution is to build relationship with local government officials… Money talks there.

I’m not sure how down low it will be with a bunch of villagers with kindles and solar panels lol. But yeah, I get your point. Probably more ambiguous smart phones could be used or a knock off ebook readers. I wonder if anyone has done this?

Pure evil.

The impression given is the extremist in New Zealand was anti-Muslim, while the extremists in Sri Lanka were anti-Easter. Or anti-church. Or anti-5 star hotel.

I agree with minimising hate speech to reduce the chance of further attacks, but it’s so clear how different the language used has been.

Politicians trying to pretend that hate is a one way street isn’t going to help. It will make things worse.

4 Likes

Just have to use multiple sources to get salient facts these days .

1 Like

I hope I’m wrong. But I suspect there might be more violence as religious tensions are already high before this.

Looks like big plans are/were in the works.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn’t realize this information was already in the article above.

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2019/04/22/world/asia/22reuters-sri-lanka-blasts-detonators.html

Hopefully that’s all there is. I’m confused on the bomb detonators. Does that mean there were 87 bombs with it? Or just detonators?

I’m still worried more violence is to come. Not to mention Muslims are a minority group there as well and they aren’t will like with a lot of anti Muslim riots already in the past. I hope no one gets stupid and try to retaliate on mosques or anything like that.

I just saw this on Facebook and needless to say I was horrified. That’s just awful.

And the fact that the death toll rose by almost 100 overnight is so disheartening.

2 Likes

Hearing the Sri Lanken police have now arrested up to 24 people involved in the attack.

Granted innocent until proven guilty but if 24+ people in Sri Lanka alone really were involved in this. . .

something about that really does not sit well with me

1 Like

There is indeed a charity dedicated to just that

Few outsiders realize that millions of rural Chinese Christians subsist on less than $100 per year. They pray for the opportunity to grow in God’s Word, yet their resources and remoteness limit their access. Their Bible reading is restricted to pages they have copied or passages they have memorized.

At a cost of $5.00 each, Bibles for China is currently purchasing and distributing, free of charge to rural Chinese believers, complete Bibles which are legally printed in China. The need is huge—hundreds of thousands of Bibles have been requested. To continue meeting this unprecedented opportunity, we need your help now.

Bibles for China is a 501c3 non-profit ministry, committed to providing Bibles to rural Chinese Christians, openly and legally. Bibles for China believes in the Bible as the inspired work of God and we are committed to Biblical truth, knowing that delivering Bibles to rural Chinese Christians will not only help them grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ, but also bring many new people into the the family of God.

1 Like

41-AM

With pure evil, at least you know where you stand. It’s weaselly evil that you have to watch out for.

Tolerance is just a virtue signal word.

I call bullshit, we tolerate you don’t we? And I catch shit for it all the time. Not sure who thinks it’s a virtue, they haven’t made themselves as known as the other people

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Why just wear when you can brandish?

Also the top story in Canadian news fyi.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but have you considered changing your diet?

Someone already thought of that, decades ago.

There was also the Tet Offensive, the Valentine’s Day Massacre… :grandpa:

Watch them live ? :rocket:

Death toll rises to a insane 359 and still counting with many still in bad conditions in the hospital.

It looks like isis did take claim and after some more digging to confirm it looks like they were likely involved. Sadly it also seemed the Sri Lanka authorities were warned but failed to act on them.

Seventeen times a day, every Muslim child in every mosque, in every country, hears the Imam read a prayer where both Christians and Jews are referred with derision, yet no one dares to intervene.

Anyone know the details of this?

The author’s logic makes sense. Easter celebrations are explicitly about the Trinity.