🚇 đŸŽ« Easy Card | All ticket pass

This might be a dumb question
 but please bear with me. I’d like to buy the “all ticket pass” option for my easy card (the 30 day pass), but I really can’t figure out how to do it.

Am I supposed to put the money in first before I go to the “all ticket option” because it won’t accept bills once I have pushed the button.

I know this is a stupid question, but I’d rather avoid trial and error with 1000s of NT$ :sweat_smile: .

Option 1 fill your easycard with money more than 1280. Then deduct the money from it when buy the pass.

Option 2 buy the pass directly by selecting the 1280 pass option then input the needed cash into the machine. It did accept bills after you push the screen for the 1280 pass.

5 Likes

Just go to any MRT station, go to the counter with the employee, give them $1280 and say

‘Yao Ding Chee Piao’

Bing Bang Boom Done Simple.

6 Likes

I put in more than 1280 on the card then select the option.

Or you can ask the service desk to do it for you.

1 Like

I just go to the service desk and ask for a 30 day pass and show them the photo on my phone (I am total shit at Mandarin)

8 Likes

Reviving this thread to say that—pending legislative review scheduled tomorrow—the cost of this pass may actually decrease to NT$1200 / month in the north, at the same time increasing the scope of transport systems to include Taipei, New Taipei, Keelung, and Taoyuan—and also include TRA (!).

Similar schemes, likely priced lower, are also being proposed for central Taiwan and southern Taiwan.

Should this proposal pass legislative review, it’ll be for three years, subject to further review at that time. More details are here:

Guy

4 Likes

Can’t argue with $80 in savings!

Is it one ticket per metro city or can I run around Taoyuan for free too?

They are proposing a “northern block” covering all the municipalities I listed: Taipei, New Taipei, Keelung, and Taoyuan.

If this passes, it’s a screaming deal.

Guy

4 Likes

Having to pay is a deterrent to spending money in Taoyuan and the airport line to going to Linkou. It’s a shit decision to have to choose between the buses and Taoyuan MRT.

Maybe my voices are coming through when I have (multiple times) asked for better transit.

Actually my proposal was worse than this for the Dingchipiao. I suggested making it modular, by like, saying adding TRA for $300 more and Taoyuan for another $300. This is better.

2 Likes

Anything to get people off of loud ass scooters is good

Why do people even buy them? They surely cost more than 1200 a month to maintain.

Although it seems 

at first, this is quite a feat in policy. Certainly it will benefit a high percentage daily commuters.
This just reminds me of Yes minister Tv show -

Hacker is flattered when the PM appoints him as the Government’s new ‘transport supremo’, tasked with forging a grand, unified national transport policy. Sir Humphrey, however, is less than keen, and has a revelation to bring Jim back down to Earth with a bump.

Edit: I misread the article . It is rather cheap.

NT$1200 (again if passed) is less than US$40 / month to do whatever you want across all MRT systems, bus systems, youbike systems, and TRA across four municipalities in northern Taiwan.

It doesn’t strike me at all as “expensive at first.”

Guy

3 Likes

I think with that they should also increase the “road tax” for scooters and cars. It would be used to pay for mass transit.

3 Likes

I’m so happy

But also worried a bit. Red line is already so crowded

Red line is crowded because there’s ONE way in and out of Danshui, and there’s no other way to get there.

Makes me wonder what would happen should something happen to block that one way.

It’d be nice, as we’ve discussed in other threads, if they ran more than one train every eight minutes.

Guy

1 Like

So when the bridge finally finishes do you think traffic might improve?

I don’t think they could safely run a train less than 8 minutes apart, but what I don’t understand is why can’t they just continue the train from beitou, why stop there?

Of course they can. The MRT does it all the time on the Blue Line and the Orange Line (I’ll leave aside the Brown Line as it’s really a separate kind of system).

Guy

The buses are another way in and out.