EasyWallet

Just takes a day to implement properly and test. Can be delayed if you have a release cycle for the app.

They are dragging their feet. Obviously this ‘feature’ has been moved to the back of the queue as less important. Should have been done right in the first place.
But hey, just a few foreigners are affected. Taiwanese people and media will not complain, no loss of face.

2 Likes

When you say phones and NFC, you mean android only. iPhone doesn’t allow NFC card emulation so it won’t be possible in that just as yet.

Yes, currently Apple forces it’s users to use Apple Pay and blocks everything else.
This might change when Germany makes a law to force them to open it up. This might still take some time.

well they may just allow it in germany though; or in Apple style, completely disable NFC within Germany

I got a reply saying they don’t support foreigners registering for East Wallet. No mention of the May date.

您好:

感謝您的來信。

目前尚無法提供外籍人士居留證註冊悠遊付。

Here is what they replied to one review on Play Store (Support coming end of May)

非常感謝您對悠遊付的支持與愛護,有關外國人註冊,本公司預計將於5月底推出,屆時歡迎提出申請。

2 Likes

(Above Google Translate of quote)
Hooray! Does it actually work ok for now, because it kind of sucked before. Does it work for NFC payments?

Does it actually work now? It still says only 身份證 for me, and doesn’t accept other kinds of IDs (that is, when trying to set up payment).

Make sure you have the latest version. When you have to enter 身份證 there is a link for 居留證

1 Like

Version: 3.0.5_release_180 that was released on May 29, 2020

It can take some time until everyone receives the update. Play store does a staggered release for the apps so the servers do not get overwhelmed. If you don’t see the update, check again next day.
If someone can not get it, I can upload the APK. Let me know.

Does Easywallet work exactly like Easycard?

Can use at car parking lots in/out?
Does it include library cards like Easycard?
What else?

Or still need to carry the Easycard for some things?

It should work like EasyCard.

Check their website for details:

I’ve registered , waiting for approval now.

The ridiculous thing is when they released the new version they also partnered with Samsung Pay so that a user could get the same functions through the Samsung Pay app. Had no issues signing up with an ARC through that and have been using my phone as my Easycard for over two months already.

Yet it’s taken them that long to roll out to non-Samsung users.

3 Likes

I see, thanks for the hint. I indeed still have an old version.

Yes, and drop your phone too.

Anyone got this working now?

Same here. Waiting for approval.