Economic Relief Money for US Citizens Living Abroad?

@DrewC I used to get paid in checks from the US

Bank of Taiwan is the only place I know willing to handle these types of transactions…theyll charge you like 600 nt and I takes around a month to process

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

why not try Mega Bank? they handle transactions in USD.

Did you tell them it was from the bloody freaking US government?

“I’d like to deposit this check, please.”

Taiwanese bank teller eyes check: “um, what bank in US…?”

“The bloody freakin’ US government, buddy! Love it or leave it!”

“Um… okay. Er… fill out these forms…”

“U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!!”

1 Like

What bank was that? Did they accept the check?

The Bank of my Imagination.

And no, not even in my dreams did they accept it. :man_shrugging:

Can foreigners get credit cards there? :grin:

1 Like

does anyone know if Taiwan is offering any stimulus money to people whose work has been affected by the virus? how/where can we apply for that?

STOP THE PRESSES.

As I see this for the first time and reach down pull this very thing out of the trash. It is legit https://www.eipcard.com/

C’mon, you can’t deny the fun we’ll all have when the Fed controls single-payer healthcare. Not after this, surely.

It’ll be like an adventure sleep over, all fantasy and stars and shit.

I mean, what’s to worry?

It would prob be like Taiwan. Do you think TWs system works well?

1 Like

Seems to work well for Taiwanese. I mean, I’m not one, so seems a question even odder than most of yours.

:thinking:

Does it also work well for the foreign residents of Taiwan? (Answer: yes).

Would you swap systems with the US? (Answer: you wouldnt)

Etc

Finally!

:tada:
It says a check, but was hoping it would be loaded onto one of those visa cards they are doing now. Will wait and see.

1 Like

Works well for me also, and I’m not Taiwanese.

Hi all, so I’m American, I file taxes (married filing jointly) every year from Taiwan (a meager teacher’s salary) but I don’t have a bank account in the US, only one in Taiwan. I have inquired about my check twice on irs.org, but I am not even recognized on the system. What should I do? Is there an actual human that could get me closer to the answers I want? I would appreciate some advice. Thank you.

Have you tried https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment?

I got my check here in Taiwan almost a month ago. However, a relative of mine in Oklahoma still hasn’t gotten her check yet. I have no idea how they determined the order in which the payments would be issued.

Finally!!!
I got it in the mail today!
But it is a check, not a visa card.

So which bank in Taiwan will cash it the fastest?

Congrats! I got the funds from my check the same day from Bank of Taiwan. I’m a customer of theirs so if you’re not a customer I don’t know if it’s the same procedure.