Elk

Noooooo!

I’ve had elk, deer, boar and they’re all capable of greatness. Really depends on how soon and how throughly they bleed out, though. If too much blood is left in the muscle tissue things get gamy no matter how or how long they’re cooked.

Tell you what, though. My money is on North American bison. There is a reason some native peoples in North America put the bison at the center of their culture.

I’ve never had raw, sliced bison tongue, and I’ve never killed a bison calf and slurped down the still-warm, curdled milk in its stomach (big hits with some native Americans, as well as whites who lived with them), but I have had bison steaks. To die for.

Of course.
I left bison out of the paradigm since they’re farmed and the discussion was about wild game.
And I’ve had bison tongue.
It’s like Audrey Hepburn pissed in your mouth.

I thought the paradigm was grass-fed game animals (elk are farmed, too, as are deer), whatever.

I’d always heard that raw tongue tastes like Raquel Welch pissed in your mouth, so thanks for the enlightenment.

What is the species New Zealand farms and exports?

Is there anywhere in Taipei I can purchase bison meat? While I love red meat, my body is starting to reject fatty beef.