Emergency translation needed ASAP!

It looks fine. I really like the style of the butterfly. You could always cover the Chinese with a ribbon or something. It’s really not bad at all.

A good tattoo artist could probably change the phrase into a twig quite easily. Then you could add a new phrase below or above it. :2cents: It looks nice as it is, though.

I thank everyone for their comments.

I’m still thinking about having the laser though. And from what I’m reading, there have been advances with the technology that leave minimal scarring. Has anyone gone through it before?

I am so, so stupid for even getting this done!!!

Its fine skyfae really. Leave it alone.

But if you are really worried, post a big pic of your entire butt and we can see how this tattoo affects the entire “landscape” .We can errr see how esthetically pleasing or non-plus it appears to be.

But honestly unless you intend to walk around pantless, why worry??
And its a great talking point for those in your inner circle?? :slight_smile:

Meantime get on with your life, keep looking backwards at your bum and you will walk into something.

I feel like half this thread is trying to get you naked. I think you should go consult the doctor and really consider the surgery if you are already regretting it this much. Don’t feel bad about it. If I ever got a tattoo on an impulse I would feel the same way. I wouldn’t even care about the scarring, rather the feeling of being “Marked” for the rest of my life.

I guess the Emergency was that she suddenly stumbled upon hanzismatter.blogspot.com/ :wink:

So what tattoo did your brother get?

I guess the Emergency was that she suddenly stumbled upon hanzismatter.blogspot.com/ ;-)[/quote]

Oh dear lord this is great. I can’t believe how many people get shit permanently stuck to their bodies without bothering to find out what it means. I mean it doesn’t cost that much to hire a professional translator to translate some simple sentence and save yourself the agony of looking retarded for the rest of your life.

Oh dear lord this is great. I can’t believe how many people get shit permanently stuck to their bodies without bothering to find out what it means. I mean it doesn’t cost that much to hire a professional translator to translate some simple sentence and save yourself the agony of looking retarded for the rest of your life.[/quote]

I know before I came to TW and before I knew this website, I was kind of assuming that those “blueprints” they have at Tattoo shops are correct. I mean, how hard can it be to have a card with a character that actually says “dragon” or whatever. But it seems that even these extremely basic things are not to be trusted at all. Let alone getting someone to translate a sentence, preferably even one with deeper meaning.

While this is surely not true for even near 100% of tattoo aficionados, I feel a big part of those who get something in “asian writing” written on their body don’t care what it actually means, as long as it looks cool. After all, how often will they show their butt etc. to anyone who can actually read Chinese / Japanese / Asian :wink: ? I guess a high percentage of those people are… hmm… let’s say “simpler minds” that are perfectly happy with looking cool and acting mean showing their “Stinky Tofu” or “Idiot” Tattoo.

If it would look stupid in English then why have it done in an “Asian” language.

But in all honesty, you have to remember that even if its spelled right, its a tattoo, so the retarded part remains for the rest of your life. :wink:

It’s fine skyfae, really. I wouldn’t regret or remove it. Just enjoy it as is. :wink:

Thanks but it’s not entirely hideable, it goes a little bit up my back, on the top of my right hip.

I know everyone is saying move on but for some reason I’m filled with intense anxiety at the thought of having this on me the rest of my life. I’m thinking of trying to get the writing off, at the very least. The butterfly by itself isn’t so bad.

We’ll see, I have an appt with a dermatologist in Hsinchu tomorrow. Hopefully she can tell me something or I may have to go into Taipei. :blush:

just forget about it

it’s a bit like a mossie bite, if you keep itching it it’ll get worse, but if you ignore it then it will look better

then in a couple of weeks you can reasses why you wanted to get it done and look upon it as being a part of the transformation, you can’t change it

you can even get more philosophical adn think of it as the recordal of an imperfect understanding of a crazy culture where you learned to survive despite some minor imperfections/barrier that you have ascended and suceeded over

good luck and keep it

Just be thankful it doesn’t say ‘mystic diarrhea’ or ‘I’m a skank’ like some Chinese tattoos do.

I myself got a tattoo a month or so ago that I am going ‘DOH’ over. With the whole pope and child molestation issue I wanted to show my support for Sinead O connor and got ‘Sinead’ tattooed on my leg. I felt sooo good at the time…now I’m like…blah…whatever.

Amputation IS an option. :laughing:

Why? THAT would be COOL!

I’ve been waiting to lose my lower leg since I was a kid. I always thought I was nuts till I saw many ppl actually DO amputate because they feel it shouldn’t be there. But I don’t want a scooter with 4 wheels, so I think I will keep it for a while longer.

I saw a a show about that and thought :astonished: !