Emoticons

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Must be my work net nanny, but I can only see bitchslap.

HG[/quote]
I’ll put them on imageshack for ya

[quote=“Truant”]I like this ‘whoa’:

and this ‘whoopie’ has got Tetsuo written all over it:

here’s a ‘shred’ one for the chief:

a good ‘boxing’ one for IP/TP:

an ‘oops’:

an ‘oh boy’:

a good ‘mwahaha’:

a ‘mod’ emoticon:

this ‘matrix’ one is a classic:

‘group hug’:

‘girl fight’ (aka bitchslap)

‘drool’:

‘copycat’:

and how could you not want the ‘brokeback’:
[/quote]

Thanks, Tru, I RIKE it…ROTS!

I got this one for Dragonbones, but it’s kind of boring:

Cheers Truant. Good stuff.

HG

I can see 'em all. Great ones! This one’s superb!!!

[quote=“the chief”]I got this one for Dragonbones, but it’s kind of boring:
[/quote]

Not bad as a signature-type item, though, thanks! (Check out Fidel’s, for example.)

Here are some more faves I’d recommend (selected for general usefulness).

If room is a concern, there are some little-used ones y’all could cut, like [quote]:braveheart: :candycane: :snoopy: :joker: :charliebrown: :stinkyface: :moped: :cop: :woodstock: :America: :canada: :Europe: :uk: (the flags are too limited in selection anyway) :mickey: :minnie: :aiyo: :fedora: :stfu: :cluck: :post: :marge: :arrow_right: :note: :fatchance: [/quote]

I like this one http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/forum/images/smiles/boobies5.gif

I like this one http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/forum/images/smiles/boobies5.gif

Edit: Sorry, double post!

grootkrokodil, you need to highlight the link, then hit the Img button.

The result: (oops, result deleted to protect sensitive eyes :wink: )

Enlightened:

We need this:

We need this one:

Especially this one:

In another thread,

[quote=“Dragonbones”]I wish…

we had this kiss emoticon

and these: [/quote]

it’s good to change or add emoticons in the main popup window,but i think the selection that is on the left of the window while composing messages needs to be updated too,most of those are useless and could be swapped for some more generaly used ones

(as a side note,is it the board or my comp/OS that make smileys appear at the end of the post,no matter where my cursor is positioned?)

[quote=“dablindfrog”](as a side note,is it the board or my comp/OS that make smileys appear at the end of the post,no matter where my cursor is positioned?)[/quote]That happens with me too, doesn’t seem to work with firefox too well.

Really? I see them getting a lot of use. And I use them a lot. I think they’re pretty well selected. But since you mention it, here’s my 2 cents: I would add a couple more rows (by squeezing the rules above, putting ‘view all the rules’ on one line, cutting the top label ‘emoticons’, etc.) so as to get an extra 8 or 12 emots in there, and I would choose these, in order of priority:

:kiss: :roflmao: :doh: :eh:
:idunno: :ponder: :saywhat:

As for the extra emoticons page, if room is an issue, Malc, I suggested a few old ones here which don’t get used much and could be cut.

you’re really kissing all that much when you post??

then maybe this was really you then…

just kidding…

Actually, this is me.

In all seriousness, I send about a dozen kisses a day, by PM. And not to the likes of you, that’s fer sure…

No it’s not a space issue, more a time issue. To install a new emoticon I need to download from here, upload to the server, add the name and the code.

So I am happy to add them as I can but it does take time. So I can make time once a week say, but when I see the list suggested it is a bit overwhelming.

So, if you can all suggest say 5 a week I can handle that. I’ll check in every Friday, so if you can have a list of 5 you would like I will put them up.

Is that ok?

Ok, here’s 5 for this week.

Cheers!

Noted, but I thought perhaps you could also ask for other opinions. Kind of like a mini-poll?

Come Friday they are up.