The Employment Gold Card Super-Thread

Does anyone have experience with amending the application category to Economy after being asked for additional documents after “Professional Review by Workforce Development”?

I’ve been lurking in this thread for a month now while waiting for my application to be reviewed. I found this thread shortly after applying and the timelines others posted have been helpful, so I’m paying it forward and sharing my own experience.

I’m currently in Taiwan under a Visa exempt entry permit and I am good to stay here until the end of August. I’m really hoping I can get this sorted before I have to leave which will make returning with the COVID entry restrictions a pain. I am a software engineer back home so I applied under the NT$160,000 salary requirements for Science & Tech and submitted my payslips (which include tax in the UK and references from my manager and the Director of Engineering at my previous job.)

After reading this thread I regretted not applying under the Economic category but waited it out.

May 1: Submitted application
May 8: Professional Review by Workforce Development
Jun 5: Received a response saying I needed to submit additional documents

The amendments I have been requested to submit are tax documents (I had submitted pay slips, they seem to be aligned with the US system so I’ll just submit my end of year certificate too that should’t be a problem). I was also asked to provide more supporting documents, other than letters of recommendation, to verify my expertise in technology industry. This will be more tricky as the work I carried out under my previous roll is covered by an NDA and I’m not really sure exactly what their looking for.

I looked into the Economy category and they don’t ask you for additional supporting documents, just proof of pay.

Does anyone have experience with amending the application category to Economic at this stage? Because that’s my current plan and I’d rather not withdraw just to re-submit under another category.
I’m going to call on Monday morning and see what they say.