English teacher= Boyfriend?

I’d like to have a foreign boyfriend, so I always have the good feeling to my English teacher.
Being an English teacher in Taiwan, what kind of Taiwanese girl do you like?

[quote=“iamjenny”]I’d like to have a foreign boyfriend, so I always have the good feeling to my English teacher.
Being an English teacher in Taiwan, what kind of Taiwanese girl do you like?[/quote]
Seriously people, what’s up with Taiwanese girls and foreign guys?

I think teachers are attracted to students who:

1. are outgoing
  2. are living away from home
  3. have a reasonable level of English
  4. aren’t too clingy
  5. have hobbies other than sleeping and watching TV
  6. are willing to wear Sailor Moon outfits

I like foreigner maybe because of the Greek sculptures. I have involved in painting, drawing and art history for a long time, it made me have the TASTE. I like the people who has colorful eyes, hair and the western facial contour.
I was not only a student but also a FRIEND to my English teachers in the cram schools; it happened several times, but finally my English teachers and I always felt a little bit disappointment to each other. They thought me too serious while I considered them as the beautiful creature who were not knowledgeable.
Now I have another English teacher who has academic background. We have had the conversation class for 10 months. I appreciate that I have the chance to meet a Greek sculpture with profundity; on the contrast, I worry about that I will be serious (or boring) as before.

It’s my story and the reason why I asked the question…

Oh honey, get used to it. :laughing:

I appreciate that I have the chance to meet a Greek sculpture with profundity; on the contrast, I worry about that I will be serious (or boring) as before.[/quote]

I know of an excellent book entitled “The Lighter Side of Proctology” which may be able to help you in that regard. I will make some enquiries.

OP - there is no formula that would cover the varied tastes of all English Teachers with whom you might come in contact. Some guys find looks more important than personality and vice versa. Of the guys who prefer looks, some might feel a nice ass is key while others may argue for big tits while others may prefer legs or hair, you get the idea (I hope), the list goes on and on and is endless. And likewise, with those who prefer personality to looks, the various preferences are endless, and there is just not a one size fits all formula. Some might consider your question rather childish. Maybe you could refine your question, and help us understand exactly what kind of help or advice you are looking for?

Bodo

i must say the “i like english teachers cos i’m into western male sculptures” line is an original angle to take…doesn’t really play thru logically but it’s better than the “i like westerners cos they look like tom cruise” angle…

I like foreigner maybe because of the Greek sculptures. I have involved in painting, drawing and art history for a long time, it made me have the TASTE. I like the people who has colorful eyes, hair and the western facial contour.
I was not only a student but also a FRIEND to my English teachers in the cram schools; it happened several times, but finally my English teachers and I always felt a little bit disappointment to each other. They thought me too serious while I considered them as the beautiful creature who were not knowledgeable.
Now I have another English teacher who has academic background. We have had the conversation class for 10 months. I appreciate that I have the chance to meet a Greek sculpture with profundity; on the contrast, I worry about that I will be serious (or boring) as before.

It’s my story and the reason why I asked the question…[/quote]

You know, maybe this WAS a serious question.

The FIRST thing you have to realize is that foreigners are people, not pets, not sculptures. The sculptures were idealized forms, real people didn’t look like that (ver few at least).

Even photography is to a great extent a lie, you see a body from one angle, and way the body is lit changes aspects of it. VERY few of my models look like their photos in person.

If you are looking for a long term relationship, the FIRST thing to do is stop asking the question “What do foreigners like?” and realize that men are men are men are men. Why not ask the question “What do men like?”

[quote=“acearle”]

If you are looking for a long term relationship, the FIRST thing to do is stop asking the question “What do foreigners like?” and realize that men are men are men are men. Why not ask the question “What do men like?”[/quote]

Isn’t that an easy one ? Men like sex, beer and pizza. I suggest she stops by Alley Cats, gets a few bottles of delirium.be/ and maybe a sexy greek outfit. She can then ask the English teacher to come over for a re-enactment of the trojan wars.

Jenny, might consider looking at your English Teachers as people and not as art objects . . . rather than objectifying them as pretty things with no brains (I considered them as the beautiful creature who were not knowledgeable and I appreciate that I have the chance to meet a Greek sculpture with profundity), you might consider looking to the individuals as people with personality and personal strengths and weaknesses.

I can’t imagine why anyone would want a relationship with someone they thought of as pretty but stupid or smart but boring. If you can’t celebrate a person beyond the surface then walk away and move on.

You were friends with your former English Teachers . . . you would like to have a foreign boyfriend so you feel good about your English Teachers and were friends . . . how did you KNOW you were friends and what was the nature of that friendship? Outside of class type friends or inside class being friendly? I’ve seen the expression used in many different ways so I am only asking that you clarify what the extent and experience you have in this regard . . . in any case . . . now you want to move on from the whole LJBF (Let’s Just Be Friends) mode and be more, oh so much more, than that with this one guy, the statue with brains. Still can’t give you good advice as you haven’t told us the relevant personal details . . . how old are you, how old is they guy, what is the school’s policy towards teachers and students dating? You quoted Lord Lucan (“So, Jenny. I am not an English teacher but am a fantastic shag especially on Fridays between 5pm and comatose, whichever comes sooner. But we do need a photo. I mean, for all we know you might be ugly!!” ), of all the posts prior to his you only responded and quoted his post but didn’t respond either in prose or photograph. What do you look like and how do you go about letting this guy know you are attracted to him? What is your current communication/seduction/approach strategy that you use which is obviously not getting you what you want and what do you think about the dynamic has not been working? Answer that as you also tell us the answers to the other questions and you’ll likely get better responses . . . more ridicule and tsk tsking but also straightforward answers. Be up front, straightfoward, honest, and complete and you are much more likely to get the sort of responses you need rather than merely playful guesses from the peanut gallery (which are also very entertaining to read and I wonder why Big Fluffy Matthew thinks so much about Sandman’s buttocks and night job.

All the best,
Brian

Some people look like that . . . some statues are pretty damned ugly people too. If you imagine those Greek statues gaining flesh and blood and stpping down from their pedastals when coming to life many of them would not be able to compete on the ol’ beauty flesh market of today.

People is people is people, works of art are idealized in a certain place and a certain time within a particular context. To then try to set that standard up for real people is a bad idea as you will always lead to dissappointment.

Dude, you are scarying me! You mean your photos are lies! That somehow those incredibly beautiful classic nudes don’t look so classic when they’ve got their work clothes on or when they’re going to the grocery store? Oh, shock! Actually, I really like a lot of your photos (http://flickr.com/photos/acearle/) . . . there are some really beautiful black and white images in there (not just the nudes, although I really enjoy those . . . uh, purely for artistic reasons, of course . . . certainly beats images of Sandman’s butt or Big Fluffy Matthew’s breasts).

Or . . . more specifically . . . WHAT DOES THIS GUY WANT? We often hear that all men want the same thing but Kinsey, Masters, Johnson, Hite all found this isn’t really true . . . of men or of women.

Jenny, here is the secret to getting a guy . . . it is the same secret that men pay big bucks to hear at dating seminars on how to get the kind of girlfriend they can only dream about . . . I’m giving it to you for free so pay attention . . . if you want this guy to want you . . . if you want him to be your boyfriend . . . then find out what kind of person he likes, really likes and wants . . . both realistic and fantasy . . . and then simply BE THAT PERSON!

If the kind of person he wants or needs does not fit you, really, at the core of your being, then . . . well . . . realize that and deal with it and move on.

If he wants something you don’t want to give or he needs someone that you can’t be . . . THEN WALK AWAY. However, if you really want to be with this person, then find out what his interests are and his needs and his desires and start being the kind of person that fits that.

You will probably find that people’s core needs and desires aren’t such a big hassle to accommodate . . . if you really find someone to be brain numbingly stupid or vaccuous as you found your former English Teachers (based upon a vague description of relationship) then walking away was right for you . . . however, if they walked away from you because you gave 'em the willies as someone who was too serious or incredibly mind-numbingly boring . . . and you really didn’t want the relationship to end on that note . . . then change yourself to being a little more carefree and a bit more adventurous and open with your life . . . I am pretty damned close to certain that none of your English Teachers actually thought you were too smart and wanted you to become stupid so you wouldn’t make them feel bad . . . however, in my line of work, I meet a lot of people who pride themselves on being smart, really smart (I work with a lot of extremely smart people) but the ones who pride themselves on being smarter than everyone else as a point of being better than others and looking down on others who don’t have the same perceived IQ are the ones who live sad, lonely, and bitter lives. Being Mensan doesn’t make us better than others . . . nor does it entitle one to relationship points . . . if your intelligence gets in the way of relationships it is not the intelligence that is at fault, it is how you express yourself and what you express your intelligence should mean and be valued by others.

Most people find that they are more attracted to people who friendly with them, accommodating, share many of the same interests . . . and wear extremely sexy clothing (oh, that last bit may not be most people, that might just be me and my fickle finger of fate, the digit ratio and all that).

Liking someone because they are foreign is silly . . . like a person or don’t like that person based upon their personal attributes.

Loosen up.

All the best,
Brian

[quote=“meiguolangren”]

Some people look like that . . . some statues are pretty damned ugly people too. If you imagine those Greek statues gaining flesh and blood and stpping down from their pedastals when coming to life many of them would not be able to compete on the ol’ beauty flesh market of today.

People is people is people, works of art are idealized in a certain place and a certain time within a particular context. To then try to set that standard up for real people is a bad idea as you will always lead to dissappointment.[/quote]

Maybe…ermm, and maybe I haven’t seen the ugly sculptures (or tend to think the human form is pretty good looking, even if imperfect, hehe).

Alas, one of the really satisfying things about one of the models (she’s one of my school employees) was that she had NO idea how beautiful she was, the reality is that she isn’t perfect, but is a hazard to male kind anyway (doors, lampoists, and speeding busses beware). After the shoot, she started dressing to suit her figure and male kind may never be the same :slight_smile:. BUT, still…if you saw her on the street, you probably wouldn’t recognize her. The makeup was very carefully done, angles chosen to highlight her physical strengths :-). BUT, in many ways I just shoot what I see, so maybe the truth is in the perception, not the photograph itself :wink: (there have been wars on photo.net about this point).

[quote]Jenny, here is the secret to getting a guy . . . it is the same secret that men pay big bucks to hear at dating seminars on how to get the kind of girlfriend they can only dream about . . . I’m giving it to you for free so pay attention . . . if you want this guy to want you . . . if you want him to be your boyfriend . . . then find out what kind of person he likes, really likes and wants . . . both realistic and fantasy . . . and then simply BE THAT PERSON!

……

Liking someone because they are foreign is silly . . . like a person or don’t like that person based upon their personal attributes.

Loosen up.

All the best,
Brian[/quote]

I was going to post something like “Hey! I am SO glad there are people brighter than me and more articulate who can express pretty danged close to what I was thinking.” Errrm, and I just did. Brilliant stuff. Simply brilliant.

Only one quibble, that if she ISN’T the person he likes/wants, she most likely can’t change who she is, and just be that person. I know this from experience :wink:, my wife tried to be who she thought I wanted, and I tried to be who I thought she thought I thought she thought she wanted.

Honesty. Pure and simple. Either she IS the kind of person he’s interested in, or she’s not. If she’s not, so be it. There are other fish in the pond ;-).

I think we should hear from Jenny now.

It’s my story and the reason why I asked the question…[/quote]

You know, maybe this WAS a serious question.

The FIRST thing you have to realize is that foreigners are people, not pets, not sculptures. The sculptures were idealized forms, real people didn’t look like that (ver few at least).

Even photography is to a great extent a lie, you see a body from one angle, and way the body is lit changes aspects of it. VERY few of my models look like their photos in person.

If you are looking for a long term relationship, the FIRST thing to do is stop asking the question “What do foreigners like?” and realize that men are men are men are men. Why not ask the question “What do men like?”[/quote]
Why not ask the question “What do IIIIIIII like?” And, then go find it. Are you really going to change yourself to fit some preconceived idea of what foreigners or men like? :unamused:

Bodo

Jenny, once you are surrounded by ET’s you will get plenty of time to meet the players and the non-players as you will find yourself in that circle of persons who know one another. Second mentionned types are less represented obviously, but you have less chance to be hurt.
I am not an ET but heard to many stories of those who teach English in my company. Those stories are mostly not nice. Looking for a Greek Adonis? Learn Greek or Italian or Servo Croate, no English hehe…

Listen sweety, there is no shame in having the TASTE for foreign guys. I encourage this tendency to the degree that it falls within my power to do so. But in the above post, where you analyze your ehm…preference as a side-effect of studying art history (my aren’t we sophisticated!) you come off like a pretentious git. Not attractive.

When it comes to foreigner-groupies, there’s sometimes a little racialized self-hatred in the mix, which might be turning these guys off as well?

Also you seem over-earnest and a bit self absorbed. Exactly what every man wants!

Best I can do with limited information.

Sorry to be harsh but condescension does not inspire sympathy.

A point in your favor though, if you are as well educated as you claim, your intelligence may give you an advantage over the sleeping/shopping/tv-watching typical taiwan xiaojie. IF this guy is looking for more than a screw.

Yeah, and if you do wanna be a true foreigner groupie, well I got something far more productive to get your head around than art history, hop to it.

HG

Jenny, I have no problem at all with being objectified, if that is the correct terminology. In fact, I will be getting completely objectified this afternoon in Carnegies. I will be the fat middle-aged married man at the bar wearing sandals with black socks and drinking Anything. The big scary man will be Bob, we will be singing Comfortably Numb at the top of our voices. Hard to miss. Sort of like the Theatre of Dionysus but with beer.

So will Bob be objectifying you? :howyoudoin: