English teacher= Boyfriend?

Glad to hear it! I hope this thread has taught you a few things. I am sure you will learn more and more about foreigners over time. You will need to, though! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay, what kind of Taiwanese girl do your buttocks like?

jenny … honey … I could definitely set you straight on the inner workings of the Western male mind. Have ya got a minute ???

Guys, just joking. Now, don’t take offence - I KNOW you are not all the same - but my own experience with cross-cultural relations has shown me that there is a chasm between the Western and Eastern mind, and no where more so than in the bedroom.

Jenny - I would love to rave to you about this but probably best to do it off this forum.

Contact my directly … and boys, we’ll let you know what we come up with for your input. That should be fun …

They aren’t?

:snivel:

[quote=“iamjenny”]I’d like to have a foreign boyfriend, so I always have the good feeling to my English teacher.
Being an English teacher in Taiwan, what kind of Taiwanese girl do you like?[/quote]

You like some guy - English teacher / Greek statue / Taiwanese truck driver - you ask him on a date. What’s the problem? I like girls who have figured that out.

[quote=“llary”][quote=“iamjenny”]I’d like to have a foreign boyfriend, so I always have the good feeling to my English teacher.
Being an English teacher in Taiwan, what kind of Taiwanese girl do you like?[/quote]

You like some guy - English teacher / Greek statue / Taiwanese truck driver - you ask him on a date. What’s the problem? I like girls who have figured that out.[/quote]

Are you really that easy? :wink:

[quote=“ImaniOU”][quote=“llary”][quote=“iamjenny”]I’d like to have a foreign boyfriend, so I always have the good feeling to my English teacher.

You like some guy - English teacher / Greek statue / Taiwanese truck driver - you ask him on a date. What’s the problem? I like girls who have figured that out.[/quote]

Are you really that easy? :wink:[/quote]

Yes. Behind the bike sheds in five minutes?

Cool…can we watch?

who’s got the video camera?

Derek said

[quote]My advice for the OP:

If you are under 18: Let your feelings remain as an infatuation and let it die.

If you are over 18 and this is a “school” you are attending: Think about his career and what is at stake for him before you make your advance. [/quote]

Agree with the under 18 advice, absolutely. Keep off the kiddies both from the point of view of morality and of common sense (as in not wanting to deal with angry relatives or a possible jail sentence).

However, in the case of adults the commomsense rule is if you want to date a student she has to leave the class. Then there is no accusations of favoritism and at least as importantly, no distractions when you’re teaching the remaining students. This was pretty much the unwritten rule most people I know have followed in all the countries I’ve taught with the exception of course, of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait which were another kettle of time/space warps.

Not knowledgeable about what? Or am I just further proving the point by asking this question?

I’m even more lost with that quip…

Just be yourself.

someone is taking himself way too seriously here.

Buxiban teachers aren’t doctors or university faculty or police officers. Unless we are teaching young people we have no real authority or special status. To talk about ethics is…laughable.