Entrepreneurship meeting chat thread

meeeee tooooo!

Count me in! I promise I WILL get up on time for it!

Kenneth

Third Sunday of September. Noon, at Yuma.

Great. September 20th is marked on my calendar.
I recently did an eyeglass factory owner’s website, but wanted to really investigate helping export his stuff.

All right, I look forward to it, any sub subjects you want me to concentrate on?

everything. It’s all new to me. I’m interested in a day in the life of Mr He, an exporter.

I guess that I should start with the general stuff, IE why I started (fed up with working for somebody else, especially when that somebody came from a confucian society), and then move on to how I got on it, how I started, and so on.

I’ll be there if the weather is fine and I’m not on a trip (abroad that is). :slight_smile:

I’ll be there as well. My interests lie outside of small business, but I still think it would be educational. Let’s just hope I don’t get lost on the way from Hsinchu, since this will be my first time in Taipei. :confused:

yes - just what i’ve been looking for, count me in too for the next one!

When is the next one?!?

I am under with work, colic baby and everything else right now.

I would like to hear if anyone is willing to step up to the plate and help me arrange.

[quote=“Mr He”]I am under with work, colic baby and everything else right now.

I would like to hear if anyone is willing to step up to the plate and help me arrange.[/quote]
Mr He, my condolences on the colic and if there is anything I can do to help besides watching yor kid, please let me know. My daughter had colic and I nearly threw her off the roof. :blush:

I’ll help arrange it, but I would prefer a more central location like Taichung this time.

Basic things I can work on:
-Finding an Accountant, basic Chinese terms to familiarize you for what you want.
-What type of business do you want?
-Interns, slave labor for slave wages, the how-to guide to your own SE Asian sweat shop :beer:
-Buddy system: Because someone needs to be kicking you in your procrastinating ass to get the job done :whistle:
-Investment circles: Getting forumosans to invest their hard earned money into your crazy ventures :eh:
-Govt agencies: What programs and money is out there :lick:

That’s off the top of my head. If people are interested I’ll set it up for Taichung in Dec depending on my available free time.

I’ll definitely pop by if it’s in Taichung. I run my business from here.

I’m planning on running the next meeting in Taichung just need some help:
*Where should we have it? Finga’s?
*On the 20th?

I’ll ask someone from AIESEC to come and hopefully someone from MOEA to explain to us the forms. I’ll also try to get details for dealing with the tax office. It all seems pretty straight forward now with the new website able to detail what you have to do and what you have to get filled out.

I am in for any Taichung meeting :thumbsup:

[quote=“Okami”]I’m planning on running the next meeting in Taichung just need some help:
*Where should we have it? Finga’s?
*On the 20th?[/quote]

Sure. Pick a time and place. I’ll be there.

Lets make it for Sun. Dec. 20th at Finga’s at 12pm.

So far we have:
Llary
Okami
Adam_CLO

Please mention any topics that you would like to talk about and I’ll see about getting some more info. Hope to see you there.

Katarina Prochazkova or a colleague from AIESEC will be coming to explain how to get an intern, which countries you can source them from, what is expected of you and the intern(s) and how much it costs. You can see their website at www.aiesec.com.tw. I really appreciate them coming.

The meeting will be held Dec. 20th at 12pm at:
Finga’s Base Camp
61, ChungMing Road
Tel: (04) 2327-7750
Hours: 7 am -10 pm daily
Google Map Coordinates: 24.155498,120.658071

I’ll be making reservations this week after harassing Changhua County Nongwei and BOEA about business stuff. I’m hoping as in cross my fingers and light a prayer candle to get someone from the MOEA or the BOEA to run through with us the steps of starting a firm in Taiwan as a foreigner. A firm being a business that doesn’t provide an ARC. I will also have them go over the steps of starting a limited company if possible. I’ll also see if there is an accountant available or if they can go over a fee structure with me.

There is no charge for coming and it is free for you to come by. Please let me know if you are coming or are interested in coming. Do let me know if there are topics that you would like addressed.

[quote=“Okami”]Lets make it for Sun. Dec. 20th at Finga’s at 12pm.

So far we have:
Llary
Okami
Adam_CLO

Please mention any topics that you would like to talk about and I’ll see about getting some more info. Hope to see you there.[/quote]

Balls. I’ll be packing to leave for England then, otherwise I would be quite interested in that.