Ethereum : possible to get 2-5 times your investment in 2018

Whole market is manipulated as I mentioned many times. Confirmed the Mt Gox whale pushed it down.
Everything being linked to bitcoin is a joke.
Looking to reduce my position if and when market recovers mainly because of this unending bitcoin linkage.

So it’s DEFINITELY realistic to double your Ethereum investment if you start now LOL.

I’m down a fair bit but there are two ways that the market could go and I’m betting with us moving into summer soon enough that the market will recover to 600 billion gradually and a bull run sometime this year.

Now market cap is 320 million almost one third of all time high cap.

It could drop further (I don’t have a crystal ball) but I think there’s plenty of peoole itching to get back in and I think crypto payments will start to finally become a thing this year with any wallets launching.

My tip is to buy some Nano as the price has been knocked down a lot but it’s in the top flight in terms of functionality and recognition. Going going gone at 8 dollars a pop. Only 133 million in existence…Ever. If it gets popular Nano holders will make a fortune .

How many Nano coins do you own?

Quite a few. Bought more today.

100?

More. 100 wouldn’t be worth my while bothering (I sound like an asshole I know :)).

My picks

Top tier solid plays in the crypto space (if bitcoin doesn’t take a dump and no massive FUD event against particular coin such as Neo and Nano recently )

NEO
OMG
LTC
ETH
NANO

Novel , somewhat unproven but very differentiated and also solid teams

IOTA
ENG
PRL
DRG
LEND

Interesting newer platforms and ICOS

ONT
NEX
Switcheo

Speculative with high upside potential and risk
XBY (supposedly will file patent in April and then open the code up)

I think LEND team is doing a very good job if they can put more focus on LEND coin value this could be a real winner. Their loan book is picking up nicely and new interface coming online shortly along with crowdsourced loans. LEND has been crushed down and down but I fancy that it’s at the bottom now.

1 Like

Fair warning?

What this means is that banks can no longer facilitate purchase of coins or facilitate payment settlements for cryptocurrency exchanges.

This taking more sail out of the sinking crypto boat for now.
Sub-7000.

Think maybe India’s central bank is the canary in the coal mine (for other central banks) by having CBs take over control of cryptos, as The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is now considering introducing a central bank digital currency itself.

The CBs can’t take over a worldwide decentralised network. But they can certainly issue their own cryptos which would trade with all the other cryptos. IMHO might help not hurt by legitimising cryptos.
India is an outlier, saw what they did recently withdrawing bank notes overnight.

I sense the crypto spring is coming.

Could be wrong though.

That would be great! Looking forward to buying a boatload of BTCs at $1 a piece before the summer boom.

That’s the spirit.
I bought some NANO and the developers are getting sued now, great. At least Neo seems to be recovering somewhat.

Hey man I hope you are right, so far you’ve been incredibly accurate (unlike my opening post).

I made a few errors in my OP from scant knowledge and unknown market dynamics at the time. I’m not going to edit though because I want it to stand as a reminder to self and others. I did also put a caveat that they could be a big drop at the time.

• Transaction rate includes trades of ethereum, of course when speculation goes up trading goes up, when speculation dropped, transaction rate dropped
  • All those ICOs were great when everybody was buying ETH, not so great when the scammers sell their ETH to make $$$ or when they need to sell off the ETH to fund their operations
  • BTC is still the big daddy and ETH hasn’t been able to step out of the shadows , very unfortunate in my book as we need some other strong crypto contenders to stop BTC killing everything else everytime it moves up and down!

I’m not offering any solid forecasts at this time. But I do hope and believe the worst days are behind us. Let’s see how it plays out.

I have confidence ETH , NEO , OMG and BTC to name four will bounce back strongly at some point, could be next week, could be a few months or could be a year later. The crypto market like all markets depends on liquidity and volume to drive price. Once volume upticks these solid plays are a no brainer. BTC price especially could be moved up if easily if billion dollar hedge funds want it to. At the moment they seem more interested in shorting BTC (yesterday one trade sold 85 million dollars worth , 12500 BTC, in a few mins to deliberately crash the market). Ultimately these private equity funds and BTC whales need the price to go up and FOMO and new investors with new money otherwise the speculative market will just dry up on everybody.

EOS will probably continue to go up once mainnet launches, they have an incredible cash reserve from their record setting ICO.

I love NANO as a currency, I have bought a bunch of it and it’s not been a good investment because of issues around Bitgrail hack but it’s just incredible the speed it transacts at (Neo is really fast too for a protocol coin but NANO is blazing fast and actually pretty much instant on NANO configured wallets, it’s the way BTC should work but doesn’t!!!).

I also own a bunch of LEND. Again it’s not gone anywhere as an investment but it could fly eventually, the decentralised lending platform has actually a good degree of real usage already and constantly being improved. Tiny market cap so all it’s waiting for is a couple of big investors in reality.

Interesting article from the guys at Bloomberg:

Why Bitcoin Behaves Like the Flu

The Flu does come back from time to time, so I still intend to stick to the plan.

I don’t think awareness is anything like they claim even though many have got burned. At the same time it is only a few hundred million from being manipulated strongly upwards again (the main theory of why BTC shot up in price was just a few whales driving the price up). But it’s an interesting theory. I hope they are wrong and that it is cyclical as has been the case previously.

Also we have mutated cryotocurrencies and protocols now which hopefully will catch on to some extent. :slight_smile:

Well, these days half the commentators say crypto is dead and the other half say it will be back within days/weeks/months.

Doesn’t hurt to allocate a small share of your capital to higher risk products like crypto and to sell as you gain to keep your portfolio allocation constant.

What if you are down a massive amount like many of us who put in money in Jan? I started in Dec and it’s still bad. Good advice though wish I sold some off before the crash.

Gamblers logic says we can make our money back by investing when the market is down now…But that has caught a lot of people out when buy the dip becomes another and another until you run out of money.

For folks just starting out looking at crypto now is a time to start dabbling with a small bit of money. Won’t lose as much as the Jan down 80% crew and have a shitload of upside potential .

I don’t think crypto is dead they have been saying that every year for 5 years supposedly.

Crypto is not dead.
Bitcoin’s highest volume single hour trading in history, 1.2 billion USD.
Many of the solid alt coins enjoyed huge gains (although still way down from ATHs)…
EOS powering upwards.as it’s ready to launch mainnet.

Things are finally looking up and we are setting up for what could ultimately be another record breaking year in crypto.

Yes, what on earth was up with that? Are those the whales you are talking about?

That’s all the tethered up money and folks sitting on the sidelines rushing back into the market, an honest to God full on bull run from the broader market now. That’s not eVen new money.
There were a lot of shorts on BTC and they probably got short squeezed .

1 Like