Ethereum : possible to get 2-5 times your investment in 2018

Long was the Cryptocurrency Winter of our Discontent.

We back in business boys.

Ethereum now above 200. I actually have made almost 3X on my Ethereum I bought at 80 USD (but don’t look at how much I lost on other stuff).

I’m feeling good now though.

Yesterday I was expecting a drop below 7k when it went just below 7.1k, I check the price now and it’s almost 8k.
Crazy.
Manipulation as usual.

1 Like

I actually bought more bitcoin yesterday at 7k and will just hold it.
Call it manipulation or whatever, this cycle has happened at least four times before. Greed , speculation…Gains bring attention and more money in…Cycle takes off again .

Alts will get a good run soon I’d say. Binance will open for trading again.

This is looking very similar to November 2017 right now.

It’s a bit early for that kind of parabolic rise. But it’s also a good time to start putting a bit of money in (might see if it drops back with profit taking yet ).

I’ll probably sell around 11k if it does go that high. Always hard to press the sell button though.

I won’t sell till approx 50k BTC. I expect it could easily go to 50k and above.
Last cycle was 10x previous high. This one 5x would still get you to 100k.

I’ve been wrong before so good to take profits when onto a winner.

I would like to sell at 50k or even 100k, if I sell soon it is only to buy back at a cheaper price (risky strategy).
Not sure if I posted this picture before: https://i.ibb.co/2hsy6Jf/download.png

I would just hold and DCA. Stick in a good lump sum if it drops down to below 6k again…Which I doubt.
I said 50k to be conservative. It’s hard to sell in a raging bull market. But I should have a commitment to sell some at that point.

ETH at 300 USD

ETH at 176 USD.
BTC at 10,800 USD

You know it’s been altmageddon out there. BTC is at 71% dominance. It hasn’t been that high in years.
Thank God I had the sense to put more allocation into BTC this year.

I’m still hopeful for ETH to bounce back much higher but I dare not trade BTC to do it.
For now, it’s Hold得住

Lost hope for ETH, still have my 1.43 ETH that I bought in Jan 2018, worst moment ever to buy. N00b mistake, have to learn from that.

We were all noobs back then.

I eventually learned dollar cost averaging is the way to go along with putting allocating more in BTC. With that approach I evened out my losses on ETH (but still down on my portfolio). Without it I’d probably be topping myself about now.

Looks there’s got to be a few big winners come through and revive over long term. Ethereum is in with a shot.

I’m all in BTC now except for the BCH and BSV I kept from the forks and some XMR and ZEC for privacy. I don’t have faith in much else. Just gonna hold until BTC hits a million, cash out and leave it all for my kids.

I doubt btc will ever make a new high. Nobody really uses it apart from dreaming that it will be worth millions one day.

It’s promoted as a kind of digital gold and to be fair that has been very successful so far.

Many do in the gambling, sports betting industry.

Yeah we discussed it on another thread. Some stable coins will eventually get wide usage.

Thugs like btc too.

1 Like

I’m guessing some state actors will get into BTC in a big way eventually.