Ethereum : possible to get 2-5 times your investment in 2018

they were both true (gold and silver). So, it could (already be) happen(ing) in cryptos.
The point is… get used to it. Such is life. No use crying over spilled milk. Bankers shall be bankers.

News last week that ICE may be about to offer swap contracts that will be settled in physical BTC shows cryptos going mainstream. Anytime you hear that banks/exchanges will offer such custodianship means they’ll then offer their inventory for “shorting” purposes. Have fun.

Haven’t read a word of this in… a year? Anyway:

https://www.google.com.tw/search?q=ethereum+eur&oq=ethereum+eur

Disregarding the rather unpleasant whiff of schadenfreude, this is the nature of investing. If it were guaranteed I wouldn’t be working.

What do you mean? I didn’t mean to be mean, mean Dickus.

You are working on… what?

A detachable penis.

Very useful nowadays.

It is now DEFINTELY possible to get 2-5 times on your investment in Ethereum in 2018.

:joy:

Yes I have serious egg on face with my prediction earlier this year (along with a sizeable hole in my pocket)but at some point ETH will go back up again . At some point, possibly soon.

IOTA is a pretty sweet price now as well.

What are the applications of ETH and IOTA? I am honestly interested in buying some cryptocash for the high risk portion of my investment portfolio, but I am inclined to wait until I see a practical use.

If you wait until the practical use becomes a reality cryptocash won’t be a high risk portion of your portfolio.

Pretty much correct.
IOTA is a kind of distributed ledger technology that is much ‘lighter’ in terms of power costs compared to bitcoin, and it can scale incredibly well (the more transactions the faster it gets). This is useful for IOT , so you could transfer data at very low cost , with very low power consumption and you could use it for micopayments.

It’s still in the experimental stage but it’s showing steady progress in my opinion.

They are run by the IOTA foundation out of Germany and have good industry links.

1 Like

ETH is kind of like the Microsoft of smart contract software for cryptcurrencies. It’s pretty clunky and doesn’t scale well but it’s the original and most trusted smart contract platform upon which many other tokens and exchanges are built.

Cryoticyrrencies aren’t all payment systems, they have other functionalities too so the name is a bit inappropriate.

The guy that programmed Ethereum is a boy genius, Vitalik Buterin. He’s a real geek but sure is a smart bloke.

1 Like

I’ve done the maths guy and if is now possible to buy 10 times the Ethereum which you could have bought at the end of 2017.

And I still wouldn’t dare recommend to buy after my spectacular fail prediction in the opening post. :sweat_smile:

It should be a buy soon but hey my track record has not been good on this one. I’d say we could get one further dip right down to 3k or below for bitcoin
Which I never would have believed even a few months ago. The bear market could extend for quite a while yet, up to a year or more if I’m realistic .

But I’m still a believer that block chain will spring back strong over the medium term. I have invested in some interesting travel sites such as Travala and Locktrip. They use block chain to avoid need for a middleman and therefore can save on commissions. I also invested in decentralised Lending (LEND), it’s an ethereum based token but it hasn’t performed well so far (understatement ) , maybe when this market turns round there will be more demand for loans.

1 Like

A token is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. It does not represent a share in that company or anything. So even these people design some awesome projects for big clients. It does not mean your token will be worth more.

2 Likes

20 to 50% of your investment?

crypto is in the toilet right now

LTC has gone from around 8800ntd to 950ntd in 11 months.

Yep it’s a similar story with lots of coins.

Roll up roll up never been a better time to buy !

Beware. If the faith is gone, so is the value. Cryptocurrencies are solutions in search of problems.

1 Like

Beware now lol ?
A little bit late.

Nah I think now is the time to start getting interested in them, whether to invest or not…I cannot say… . But certainly prices have been knocked for six already.

Ethereum itself has enormous current programming activity if you check into it (one of the biggest on github) and a large ecosystem still under development . When securities start to become listed on Ethereum block chain …It will happen sooner or later.

There are others like IOTA that are developing very steadily, I followed this project closely for most of this year and it is hitting all milestones and confounded the skeptics including myself.

A lot of interesting aspects to crypto will come through, it will take time though as the infrastructure builds out. It’s just like internet 1.0 and 2.0. First the cloud was something looking for a solution now it’s the easiest and best way to get your IT work done.

I agree there’s a lot of potential with these coins, though I am probably a couple of generations to old to fully comprehend the details and pick the right options. I am watching from the sidelines, out of interest what new technologies are emerging.

I’ve been somewhat lucky with my inverse index funds these years, so I think I’ll stick to those while interest rates are rising.

I think inverse index could be good right now .