🇪🇺 🛂 Europe | American making EU/Schengen Runs

A US citizen can travel Visa-free in the Schengen Zone for up to 90 days. So all he/she has to stay longer is just leave and come back within 90 days, right? Just go to the UK and come back?

I believe there is a maximum amount of days you can stay per year, you should look into that

2 Likes

No :rofl: The EU isn’t like Taiwan. They are a bit smarter when it comes to dealing with people who are obviously working illegally. It’s once a year or once every 6 months I believe. And even then… if you have a strange pattern… I.e you do it often then they will begin to question you and ban you from visa-free treatment

Looks like 90 days for every 180. Thanks.

2 Likes

90 Days Maximum within a 180 day period.

2 Likes

also soon, probably next year, there will be the EU version of the ESTA, so it won’t be free anymore and they can revoke your authorisation (and effectively visa free status) very easily. Would not try to push too much, getting banned by one is basically getting banned from all of the schengen area

Yeah I’ll apply for a digital nomad license.

I just looked up ESTIAS. It was due to increased terrorism.

1 Like

That’s a lame excuse lol. The height of terrorist attacks in Europe was from 2014 to 2018 or so. The EU is just bitter that Australia and America have had this for forever and want to copy them.

and NZ, and Canada, too. But I agree, they’re probably just joining the trend.

1 Like

Figures

I can understand not letting you work if you’re taking local jobs, but digital nomading?

You need figures to know that terrorist attacks were more frequent between 2014 and 2018 than now? Were you not born then?

Most countries don’t let foreigners live there unless they are fulfilling a need (eg. fulfilling a labor shortage) but digital nomads don’t have much to contribute.

The only countries that want digital nomads to live there, are the ones that can’t attract any other kinds of foreigners as much as they’d like to.

1 Like
1 Like

Oh. Well you weren’t clear enough. Honest mistake. :man_shrugging:

A digital nomad is literally exporting a service.

Also, Germany has a digital nomad license.

What do you mean by that? If there are enough people designing websites on their laptops in a country, why would they want more from other countries? Especially when that same service can be obtained by someone living elsewhere.

e.g. Why let a foreign web designer with a laptop live in your country, when you could just hire them when they are in their own country?

They spend money locally.

1 Like

Yes, but so would anybody else they choose to let in instead.

Let’s say Country X has a shortage of both dentists and web designers. If they had an immigration quota of 1000 people per year, let’s say, and they could either fill that up with dentists or web designers, why would they fill it up with web designers that could do their job remotely from their own country?

Dentists and web designers would both spend money in Country X if they let either of them in, so that’s not a valid consideration.