🇪🇺 Europe | Choosing last country on European trip

I got them from the most authoritative source:

Haha, so true. He has s also tourist to Taiwan and also posts untrue things about life in Taiwan.

Not sure how long he was in Italy.

1 Like

At the Nobel Prize Museum. Our daiwangina.

Nordic hotel breakfast, cheese and local caviar

![IMG_20230329_090917~2|666x500](upload://vWoL9B5AwViAyWcKtuyMrK7EM90.jpe
(upload://z6L617assnRzLn2SBiI8lu8whZ6.jpeg)
Finland cafe in Bangkok, Thai Japanese fusion food with Nordic designs, not sure shop in Taipei has cafe

1 Like

Paris, Athens, Vienna, and Munich seem to have the cheapest flights it seems. Occasionally I’ve seen London not too expensive.

Overall, if you can snag one of the really cheap scoot tickets that has a 23 hour layover in Singapore, I’ve seen tickets as low as 15,000 round trip. Plus things in Greece are much cheaper than the rest of Europe

Rocamadour?

1 Like

1 Like

How funny, is this what Americans think of Italy and Spain

1 Like

You will have tell me in Taiwan where get this at the same price haha

I prefer an espresso, which a decent one in Kaoshuing cost me NT$50, also you have any recommendations up north there (any stand up bars for espresso, reminds me some like stand up food places in Japan rail stations!, I found a few in Kaoshuing)

1 Like

As I said, prices r cheap in Italy, but many cafés have low quality.

Up here in Taipei I have a few nice places where to get 50-55$ espressos/americanos and ~70$ cappuccinos.

Tbh, 7-11 cappuccino is not that bad for the price, I have it from time to time when on the run to the office.

1 Like

I will try your suggestion at Seven’s in Taiwan, I thought in Japan is so so, so put me off here

1 Like

also maccas not bad.

1 Like

ha, I will not there for coffee only. Only have with the breakfast set

1 Like

one thing Taiwan is copying is this paint job on train carriages, the Kaoshuing, Taichuing METRO , and Taipei METRO carriages got this paint job recently

I also saw condom vending machines in Italy and Taiwan in store fronts, not sure who was first with this

Some differences, in city views. Old city streets remain in Italy, rare in Taiwan (parts of Tainan are like this, and few alleys in Kaoshuing)

Tainan

1 Like

This thread reminds me how terrible food is in northern Europe. How depressing unless you’re really into fermented herring…

You won’t see this crap in historic areas in Europe.

U see something very similar, illegal unfinished structures everywhere in Italy. Those r shite

3 Likes

Visit Reunion, and French Guiana, both 100% Europe. Yep.

1 Like

Going to reunion in December haha, happy my Italian SIM card will work just fine there

that’s just like most of the nice parts of Europe though. Like Hungary is ruining it’s non-opposition controlled old cities by just totally underfunding rail infrastructure and PT, and Prague comes to mind although I have hope Prag can save itself because it’s not ruled by retarded Orban-ites. But the rest of the nice parts of Europe - so the Continent and Ireland, minus some Soviet bloc eras, Russia for obvious reasons, certain Yugoslav cities, and ofc minus England because every second spent there not in a museum is fucking excruciating - are full of these. It’s amazing how badly parts of Taiwan have urbanized really. Such a tiny well off island ought to be a mecca for it - what Hong Kong is to PT, Taiwan could’ve been to urbanism. But by and large, Europe is full of little courtyards or outdoor seating and whatnot, although certainly more prevalent in the warmer countries.

(I maintain HK isn’t great for urbanism because of all the shit they put on the side of the roads that make it goddamn irritating to get around. Just pedestrian rails to keep us out of the road all over the fucking place, especially around HK island. Kowloon is better in places.)