đŸ‡ȘđŸ‡ș Europe | Choosing last country on European trip

More shakshouka in Vilinus LT , I found its quite common now here now, hope somewhere in Southern Taiwan I can find it now my fav in Taitung is gone from what I hear,

This with feta (At first I though it was tofu) and not as spicy as in Estonia. Stopped ordering the English brekkie that a lot or returning Lithuanias make here as I can get it in Taiwan.

2 Likes

I started to see more Japanese back here in the Nordics.[quote=“Andrew0409, post:30, topic:220757, full:true”]

I’m also not sure where he is coming from.

Japan is the closest to Italy. Both have a very pure culinary philosophy, value craftsmanship, and are even quite similar phonically. A lot of Japanese people can actually pick up Italian quite well.
[/quote]

Similarities between Taiwan and central Italy are detailed in Fukuyama’s book.
https://www.amazon.com/Trust-Social-Virtues-Creation-Prosperity/dp/0684825252
He also explains how these similarities translate to similarities in industrial structure. It’s very interesting.

I do not see Italy anything like Taiwan. What city did you see in Italy that was like Taiwan from your travel?

I didn’t go to Italy, other than taking a shuttle from one airport to another.

My knowledge comes from Fukuyama’s research.

Haha, so true

I do not see how the book applies toa tourist. Where in Taiwan are you, the Taiwan I did as working holiday was quite unlike Nordics where I am from.

I don’t live in Taiwan. I never drew any similarities between Taiwan and the Nordic countries. I have been to Finland, Sweden, and Iceland. Iceland is more North-Americanish.

But I still do not why you think Italy is like Taiwan, food or something else

1 Like

People live with their parents until they get married, lots of industries suited for family businesses, like machine tools.

I did not see machine shops in Taiwan in the city I lived. Both have lots of motor bikes, live Vespas but in Taiwan I had Japan brando. What kind of motor bikes did you drive in Taiwan?

Had some nice Caviar in Helsinki waterfront, at a place called Finlandia (not the drink) for Caviar, had a nice sample plate with some wine twenty euros, to me was a good deal.

2 Likes

Why you ate four tubes, odd.

Let’s settle this existential question once and for all.

Dordogne. Fly into Bordeaux. Train is about 1.5 hours to places such as Sarlat, Domme, etc. Some pics from Dordogne and Lot (lovely Gites), some great restaurants and my favorite fromager in Bordeaux (not cheap).

4 Likes

Straight outta Count of Monte Cristo.

1 Like

Lived there for about 4 years and family still reside there. Duck, truffles, stinky goat cheeses, lovely Gites, and lots of nature in Lot and Dordogne. For me, it’s the real France.

Nice photos, miss the cheese shops in France

Did get some cheap Italian soft cheese €2

And bit more€10 from Riga caviar shop

Jesus christ jumping on crutches. All ur replies on this thread r illogic. What’s the bloody point of using the economics argument regarding visiting countries? Economies have nothing to do with tourism and visiting.

Comparing TW and Italy/Spain and whatnot is an exercise of absurdity. I am not surprised at all that u even threw in there your “americanism” to try to justify your nonsense. You can’t judge and make this type of assertions without knowing the facts, and this is something quite entrenched into what you call “americanism”.

Anyways, not a great loss for my country not to have tourists like u, we have millions who come instead and appreciate the place.

Also, ppl don’t live with the parents until they marry, there are 2 major flaws in ur assertion: ppl in Italy r marrying less and less (both civil and religious marriages) and many folks who still live with their parents is due to the impossibility for them to afford to rent a place, let alone buy one, thanks to our bad economy and shameful informal job market practices.

also I don’t see the problem with SMEs, which yes r the backbone of our manufacture which is the second largest in Europe after Germany, whatever issues we may have we still manage to produce some of the highest quality products in the world, especially in the mechanical and technological fields.

I just don’t get u man, u r so random in many of the things u say, and u tell them so convinced that they r the truth that is astonishing. Have no clue where u get ur ideas, and tbh I don’t want to know.

What a collection of nonsense.

3 Likes