šŸ‡ŖšŸ‡ŗ Europe | Ukraine vs. Taiwan

Would you rather live as a bum in Blackpool England or as a bum in Indonesia? if you has to choose ?

1 Like

Iā€™d rather ā€¦ neither. Might as well ask me where Iā€™d rather be in prison.

I have an answer for this one: Sweden

image image image image

4 Likes

Noice.

LOL I lived in Sweden before, beautiful land, terrible experience.:grinning:
Much rather my third world paradise ā€˜shitholesā€™.

1 Like

These cells look several times nicer than my American college dorm, which had poo-brown floor tile and in general was outfitted more like a 1970s insane asylum. I also shared one shower and toilet and two sinks with seven other girls. And I had to bring my own TV.

To be fair, my school wasnā€™t exactly rolling in dough because it was on the small side and we didnā€™t have much of an athletics program, but most of the college dorms at nice schools with lots of funding actually look a lot like Swedish jail.

My room in London was a lot like the Swedish jail cell and it cost Ā£836 per month.

Omfg. At least I had a scholarship to cover my ā€œcellā€ at collegeā€¦

Isnā€™t that IKEA ?

Yeah and the transport was really expensive too. Itā€™s horrible.

Run an online business, live in Thailand.

Taiwan has ugly buildings and the roof tops make it look like third world slums
But there is healthcare, few homeless people, good public safety, good public transportation and infrastructure, stable democracy, stable electricity and water.
Overall I feel Ukrainians would want to move therefore than Taiwanese to Ukraine.

3 Likes

Thailand isnā€™t the third world. Itā€™s actually pretty developed these days.

I plan on going to Costa Rica for dental work.

Thailand is totally third world.

2 Likes

Thailand is pretty much third world. There are pockets in Bangkok that are very modern, certain buildings or shopping malls that are sleek and brand-new, but within 10 meters of stepping outside any of them youā€™ll run into Thailandā€™s gloriously third-world electric grid system.

3 Likes

No, itā€™s not. But it had a lot of issues of it

It is based on the way youā€™ve described it.

I had a great time in Sarawak, great people. Brunei too (yes I know Brunei is independent ).
First class for good manners.

Well, Johor is improving from Singapore. KL is not bad. Wouldnā€™t choose to live there but it has its charms.

But itā€™s not great imo. Thereā€™s still a lot of racism and itā€™s actually institutionalized. For examples top schools are for Malays only. And stupid stuff like youā€™re legally a Muslim and if you marry a non Muslim they must also legally convert to Islam and any children you have would be legally Muslim.