Eva Air flight attendants on strike: June 20, 2019 at 4 pm!

This is why you buy travel insurance.

Travel insurance still doesn’t get you your hotel rooms refunded. :disappointed:

1 Like

It should. Any nonrefundable costs should be covered by travel insurance.

A lot of hotels and AirBnBs especially don’t play that game. Unless you make a separate arrangement with them.

1 Like

In all honesty how many Expat foreigners in Taiwan buy travel insurance which doesn’t include the hotel

Sometimes it’s a separate deal, especially if you’re not booking a chain. And like I said, AirBnB forget about it unless you have a super chill guy renting to you.

Find a good travel agent in Taiwan Taipei bumfuk China I don’t care. It’s an essential part of life much like a good bartender

I just book through kayak or Expedia. :man_shrugging: I’m lazy.

Really? I booked through the airline site and the hotel a lot cheaper if I’m not using the travel agent

Think it depends on what deals are happening, where you’re heading, if it’s holiday season, if you have member points, and just plain luck. Also, sweet talking the travel agent can’t hurt, I guess.

I really dodged a bullet on this one. I missed the strike by two days. All the EVA flights on the day I flew out were delayed though (they said it was because there was a long line for fueling), and I nearly missed my connecting flight at SFO.

What do you guys think are the chances this lasts into July? These things get resolved fairly quickly, right?

The time frame I heard was “within two weeks.”

1 Like

I have two weeks and about 4 days. Cutting it close. I’m going to Macau, but I didn’t know the risky bets would be happening before I even boarded the flight.

Maccu love it last time I was there I lost my ass

I think they want to be recruited to Starlux Airlines.

It’s the new-fangled thing in air-travel.

It’s not a competition between EVA Air and Starlux Airlines: it’s a war.

When family is involved, the knives come out.

Historians will recount the bloody battle, and bards will sing bullshit ballads.

2 Likes

I can’t wait for Starlux to show up. : D

Guy

This is potentially a difficult strike to resolve. The union want extra benefits for their members only. Non members won’t benefit. There’s no way the airline can agree to that.

Ugh, unions… always the unions…

Just use the non-union members as “scabs” to fly out, until the union members crack.

1 Like