EVA Air launches speed dating 'flight to nowhere'

Time to get my game on at 35000 feet!

6 Likes

Mile high club

4 Likes

This concept actually sounds maybe like a good idea.

It could bring together people with a little bit of money that like to travel.

Except:

• Could bring together a bunch of men trying to meet women who end up talking to themselves.
  • Or just lonely women.
  • Or maybe an LBGTQ group.

They really need to identify their target group.

I wonder if they’re going to have any qualifications or form to fill out to identify preferences or first come first serve.

I was wondering with myself, if I’m in this flight and I want to dodge the date, find an excuse will be a bit hard, at least for me.

• Sorry, I need to go walk my dogs (NO)
  • Sorry, I need to go help a friend (NO)
  • I need to go, I forgot my wallet (NO)
  • I shit myself, I need to go home (NO)
  • Not feeling good, I need to leave (NO)

Seems nothing works.

4 Likes

I hope they turn off the Wifi.

1 Like

“Participants will be seated pair by pair by lucky draw”

This isn’t speed dating?! This is being stuck with a stranger for an hour or longer.

Speed dating is 3-10 minutes or something then move to next speed date participant. Like a bell rings every 5 minutes and people swap seats. This sounds ok, relaxed, and fun.

Who wants to but a ticket, get on a plane, and sit by a total stranger for 2 hours with no idea about them in advance.

Bizzaro.

2 Likes

Liquor involved?

Do you get to date the flight attendants? Or get their IGs?

2 Likes

Can’t afford it otherwise I’d like to try. :joy:
But it would certainly be a nightmare to be stuck in the sky with nowhere to run when you have a creepy guy sitting next to you.

2 Likes

High altitude increases flatulence. All these new couples will be farting in front of each other (and it’ll be even worse than normal, because airplane food is awful).

2 Likes

They’re called butt pheromones. How else am I supposed to determine compatibility?

3 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Limit number of likes

That sounds like a horrible idea… imagine being the woman or guy no one else wants to talk with and being stuck, with your only way out the plane window perhaps…

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking until I read the bit about being stuck next to one particular person. Basically just like a normal flight then, except you’re expected to talk to your seatmate instead of just fight with them over half an inch of armrest.

They missed a hell of a marketing opportunity here. Serve free alcohol, do the actual speed-dating thing, and deck out the first-class areas with … um, privacy suites, and people would be lining up to hand over their credit cards.

And…

I guess the definition of “eating” could be relaxed, but FFS. You’re over international waters. Why not take the opportunity to get away from stupid rules for an hour or two?

1 Like

They’ll need to remove some of the seats are create a mingle area for people to use after take-off. A bar and music would make it work.

What about “shit I forgot to bring my passport”