Ex-husband's family demanding money

You’re mistaken.

Chapter 4, Article 116-2 of the ROC civil code

Article 119

Article 1120

Thank you for the correction.

So according to the translation, unless this guy is piss poor she should be able to get some money out of it, or is it too late because divorce had already been filed?

You’re mistaken.

Article 119

Article 1120

So according to the translation, unless this guy is piss poor she should be able to get some money out of it, or is it too late because divorce had already been filed?[/quote]

Article 116-2 answers your question.

I like MrHe’s idea. I think the visits wouldn’t be so frequent if hc had a court order in hand. :wink:

[quote=“RobinTaiwan”]
Where did the house feline go, I wonder?[/quote]

Sorry, I thought I posted this yesterday but I guess it didn’t take.

The young lady in question is, I have it on good authority, experiencing computer problems combined with a much busier than usual work week.

You’re mistaken.

Article 119

Article 1120

So according to the translation, unless this guy is piss poor she should be able to get some money out of it, or is it too late because divorce had already been filed?[/quote]

Article 116-2 answers your question.
[/quote]

Yes, but that divorce paper has already been filed and presumably went thru the courts since her husband had agreed to decline custody. Can she go back to demand the money that she previously neglicted ?

I don’t see why not. She’s entitled to them.

According to the law, she can. Enforcing the law is another story since it sounds like the father is in and mostly out of the country.

So far hc hasn’t tried legal channels to recover outstanding child support payments. She provided for her son by herself. But as pointed out by MrHe, going that route could at least serve the purpose of establishing clear boundaries with the in-laws.

Hey, guys. I’m back online, at least for the moment. Surprised that this thread has gone one without me for this long. Thanks for all the support and great information.

Good to see you’re back, hc.

[quote=“RobinTaiwan”]Good to see you’re back, hc.

He loves to go with Aunty. He does very much enjoy the martial arts lessons, but also Aunty buys him anything he lets her see him looking at! This is another reason I get upset when she asks for money. After his lessons, he demands to have McDonald’s every time, and will not leave until he’s good and ready, even if she tells him she’s ready to go. He says he wants to stay, so stay she does. He can ask her to go and pick up his friend, who’s a girl, and this friend can then insist on being taken to a department store all afternoon. Or Tom’s World. Or anything in the world that strikes his fancy. Not that I’m agains treats, but this is not a nice thing once in a while–this is little prince-like entitlement crap that I will not put up with and causes me to look like the bad guy when I have to put an end to the attitude when he comes back home.

I don’t have a problem with him learning the martial arts. I have a SERIOUS problem with him being spoiled rotten and developing an attitude and expecting to tell me what I will and won’t do as he does with her. And then, when she takes him to see his friends, they get offended if he acts toward them as he acts toward her. This is my very well behaved, near perfectly respectful son I’m talking about. It was very common place in the States for me to get compliments from strangers on what a well behaved and polite son I have. I will not have that changed. One of the reasons he is so well able to deal wth a lot of the stuff he has to deal with in our crazy life is that his respectful, considerate ways endear him to others.

Talk about answering a question! :laughing:

Your answer is consistent with the rest of your posts on the matter. My impression remains: Kiddo’s in good hands. :thumbsup:

Several years later, thank you very much, RobinTaiwan!

Replying again. I have no idea what caused this old thread to pop up here when I logged in tonight, but I’m so glad it did.

That was such a stressful time in my life. Re-reading all the support and kind words has just touched me tonight.

The Kitten and I are just fine at the moment. But we’re always far from “home.” I can’t explain why Taiwan continues to feel like home no matter where I am–it just does. And all you Forumosans are a big part of that.

Thanks again, all y’all.

6 Likes