Ex-Pop Star Cat Stevens Deported from U.S

Silly capitalist stooge! Cat Stevens is NOT American! NOT Russian! He is ridiculous conniving British wrecker!

:bravo:

“Incitement to do bodily harm” is crime in MOST of your repressive capitalist regimes.

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

hmso.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/97017–b.htm
efc.ca/pages/law/cc/cc.part-viii.html
leg.wa.gov/WAC/index.cfm?sec … on=section

Unfortunately, what you say is very,very true. In the name of preventing terrorism, the Bush administration has been trampling on the rights of people which many of us never imagined would ever happen. It’s also true that if anyone tries to criticize what is happening they are made to feel as if they support terrorism.
What is happening in America today is awful, and it’s all taking place because the Bush folks really don’t have an idea about how to deal with the problem of terrorism so they do many strange and terrible things to make it appear that they are doing something productive.

Just kind of curious, but doesn’t the Stalin schtick get kind of old Blueface? I mean, it was funny for a while, but do you plan on posting like that for the time being up until the election?

Do you find the ignorance exhibited here amusing? Perhaps an icepick in the skull would be more amusing.

:bravo:

Do you find the ignorance exhibited here amusing? Perhaps an icepick in the skull would be more amusing.

:bravo:[/quote]

I will take that as a yes.

From Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam’s album I Have No Cannons That Roar:

When the Muslims make their wish
To go and perform Jihad
When the Mujahids make their wish
To go and perform Jihad
Then they read the Book of God
Sending their Salawat
[Blessings].

When the world blasts away
We will stand for Judgment Day
Paradise will open up
For those who came with Salawat
[Blessings].

In support of Cat Stevens I’ll be unleashing my (I still need to find a few more Muslim members) my “Extreme Mime Artists in Support of Cat Stevens Concert”. I’m not one to boast but our “Peace Train Extreme Mime” is especially moving. Mime on my Artist Homies.

As Comrade V. Lenin stated “The purpose of terror is to terrorize”…
Mimes! Consider me terrorized!

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Have no fear tovarich. You are safe. It is more than obvious you are not a habitual offender.

Is the following true ( :wink: :wink: ) or is it just an attempt by the administration to make up for their latest stupid, racist, hate-inspiring blunder?

You Say Yusuf, I Say Youssouf…
The Cat Stevens incident has its origins in a spelling mistake
Saturday, Sep. 25, 2004
The Yusuf Islam incident earlier this week, in which the former Cat Stevens was denied entry into the U.S. when federal officials determined he was on the government’s “no-fly” antiterror list, started with a simple spelling error. According to aviation sources with access to the list, there is no Yusuf Islam on the no-fly registry, though there is a “Youssouf Islam.”
time.com/time/nation/article … 62,00.html

“Racist”??? Is Cat Stevens of an oppressed race???

Yes, he’s a member of the human race. As long as Dubya’s in power all humans are oppressed. But that wasn’t the main point of the post. The main point was that apparently the administration is now claiming that it was all a mistake and Cat was only deported mistakenly as the result of a spelling error.

I wonder how many are being held in Guantanamo as a result of spelling errors.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: So you are oppressed? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

snort! choke! sputter!

OK. Keep smokin’ that funny stuff.

Cat made the mistake when he decided to throw away his floundering music career to start wearing a towel on his head and supporting terrorists. He’s changed his name about as many times as you’ve changed your socks.

So why aren’t you in AmeriKKKa defending them?

MT:

Better ask the 3 million Afghan refugees who have returned and the 1.5 million Iraqis why then they are returning to face American oppression now when all the European talk and dialogue did not solve their problem. They are voting with their feet and they are voting in force for policies instituted by Bush against the wishes of the “well-intentioned” such as yourself who argued that this would all be a disaster. Some disaster?! We have accomplished more in three years than the UN and all the “aid” agencies in 30.

[quote=“fred smith”]MT:

Better ask the 3 million Afghan refugees who have returned and the 1.5 million Iraqis why then they are returning to face American oppression now when all the European talk and dialogue did not solve their problem. They are voting with their feet and they are voting in force for policies instituted by Bush against the wishes of the “well-intentioned” such as yourself who argued that this would all be a disaster. Some disaster?! We have accomplished more in three years than the UN and all the “aid” agencies in 30.[/quote]

fred,
You are ignoring the real situation in Iraq today. I can’t imagine that all the Iraqi civilians are happy to have bombings daily, fighting in the streets and general anarchy. We already know that Powell and Bush disagree on what is happening in Iraq. (Bush believes all is rosy; Powell says things are a mess).
While the people may be happy to lose Hussein, the truth is that his horrible regime has been replaced by what? Who is really in charge in Iraq right now? I am sure the Iraqi people must be asking themselves that question on a daily basis.
I wonder why you and the other Republicans here continue to try to look at Iraq as a success when it is clearly not. (Unless your idea of success is only that Hussein is no longer in charge. In that case, Iraq is a success).
However, if succes is measured by safety on the streets, peace, general stability, and a host of other things, then it is far from a success.

What the fuck does this have to do with Afghanis and Iraqis? This thread is about how the US deported the artist formerly known as Cat Stevens because they deem him to be a terrorist threat, now that he’s converted to Islam, and how in light of international condemnation and ridicule the administration has changed its position and claimed it was all the result of a spelling mistake.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

For all we know, dubya’s invasion of Iraq was due to a spelling mistake too. They actually intended to invade Iran but couldn’t read the map.

Comrade Stalin wrote

Why is it so hard to get you war-loving Republicans to start backing up your statements with some actual evidence? What proof is there that he supported terrorists? The fact that he chose to give up his career to focus on his religion is your proof? The fact that he chose an Islamic name is your proof? As for your comment about him wearing a “towel” on his head, that is simply proof that you have nothing to throw at him except some anti-Muslim comments which, one could claim, are racist in nature.

Stevens was deported because the Bush folks have no idea what they are doing in their war against terrorists. Now let’s all go back to sleep and pretend that Bush is doing a great job, that America is safer because people like Stevens are not in the country anymore, and that Bush is a wonderful world leader. :unamused:

MT:

You brought up the point that Bush was oppressing the world. I merely raised the point that 4.5 million people minimum would beg to differ.

Also, can we say that 24,000 deaths in 1.5 years (most of which are NOT caused by the US) are worse than the millions that died or were tortured under Saddam. Apparently, the Iraqis disagree. In a recent poll, 39% listed crime as the biggest worry and only 6 percent the insurgency. What does that tell you? Obviously, the insurgency and presence of American troops fighting them is so insufficient as to worry only 6% of the people. Would you like to withdraw your point?

fred smith

Well, fred, why do you suppose such a comparatively high number of Iraqis say that crime is their biggest worry? Do you suppose this is due to the fact that they now have a country which is out of control, and where crime is rampant?

Sure Cable Guy:

But it is not the US soldiers who are the criminals. And it was Saddam who released all the criminals deliberately and it is up to the Iraqis and their police forces to deal with this. It also noted that the Iraqi police are the most respected group in the country right now so I think that this problem is moving toward a solution but for you to equate the US actions with Saddam and his government is very morally obtuse, very morally confused, very morally reprehensible.