Exciting news: Taiwan to reduce penalty for growing marijuana for personal use

Please pass!

I hope it goes thru,sounds more reasonable compared to legal weed in other countries

First, my focus is on dual citizenship.
Second, my focus would be on not oppressing our migrant worker friends.
Third? Legal weed as a constituent and hopefully, voting bloc.

2 Likes

:rofl: But it’s still one year!

1 Like

Up to 1 year think it says… haha sure still a year

I dont understand your third point totally confused… can you elaborate?

1 Like

Please don’t pass!

1 Like

It’s an issue I have brought up before that the current and harsh punishments for something as inoccuous as Weed hurt Taiwan in a time when Taiwan needs all of its economic strength to counter the threat of China, but won’t be feasible to lobby until I am a constituent.

1 Like

Im not that smart and you use big words
How does penalties for growing personal use weed effect China relations? Locals will grow more because lower risk and they will all be high and not fight china?

No. One year is the minimum sentence.

2 Likes

It’s a bit like saying “Now you just get hanged instead of hanged, drawn and quartered”

10 Likes

Every little bit helps.

Or “We’re not going to chop your hand off for stealing, just the fingers”.

Ok so its not up to or to a year . Its a year mandatory, i think it was 5 years so thats a big change.

Wrong again. It’s one to seven years. You should try reading the articles that you post.

2 Likes

Why is it exciting?

They are hoping the street price per gram will drop, so they are excited that they might get cheaper higher quality weed :rofl:

1 Like

Because it’s progress. It isn’t much. But it’s something.

Exciting for personal use growers in tw !!

They just busted the biggest grow op in tw history, that may drive prices up .personal use grower arent going to drop street prices because they will smoke all they got

1 Like

Always amazed at how excited people are to have chance to smoke weed. Seems quite important to many people.

1 Like