Expat tattoos face with 臺灣 and independence flag

Of course the two are not the same, but why on earth should he get beaten for shouting taiwan taiwan ?! If the chinese prefer china, they can shout china china, and leave it at that.

Just saying, the chinese reaction was waaaay too much if the description of what happened is more or less correct.

I’m not really sure why I’m bothering to reply. But I’m bored, so…

At no point did I say anyone deserved to be beaten. Or raped, for that matter.

2 Likes

Ok, I misunderstood your previous post then so nvm.

No worries.

Taiwan needs a PR campaign to try to get Chinese to soften up.

Knowing how crazy the Chinese get about taiwan I’m not a bit surprised at the reaction and have no reason to doubt his story.

2 Likes

It’s almost like a checklist for a recipe for disaster.

1. Get Taiwan tattooed on your forehead.
  2. Go look for a gangs of Chinese, Cambodia being a good place.
  3. Hang out where you are likely to find gangs of Chinese, like a bar.
  4. Having found the wrong sort of Chinese, flash them your tattoo of Taiwan.
  5. When they predictably become enraged and shout Taiwan is a part of China, argue with them and tell them its independent.
8 Likes
  1. Post the incident on FB making out you are the victim.
3 Likes

He is the victim. A moronic, drunken, impulsive victim who’s in the past also been very much the aggressor - but still a victim.

2 Likes

He raised tensions.

He probably got drunk and fell down the stairs or something

3 Likes

Wouldn’t explain his torn shirt. I think shit probably went down kind of how he described it. I’d bet money on him embellishing facts to his benefit, though.

Petrol bombing a convenience store, DUI 5 times over the limit, smashing up a police cell, getting daft tattoos, getting into fights with Chinese… He can’t stop himself and he clearly needs professional help.

3 Likes

This could happen to any of us too. Meeting some chinese on holiday by chance, they find out you live in taiwan and give the usual propaganda spiel. Then you disagree with it, (as you are not in china. And have no reason to agree) They react with violence. Its hardly an unlikely scenario. Especially considering that taiwan is the current target of chinas nationalism. Worse has happened with korea / japan

2 Likes

Apparently also put a Vietnamese dude in a coma for a week by crashing into him, according to replies in that thread. But he says he “settled it”, so it’s okay. He’s a real champ of the people.

1 Like

And this crap is what we’ve heard about as a result of police involvement. Imagine the low level nonsense he’s instigating on a daily basis. Put it this way, you wouldn’t want to live near the idiot.

1 Like

I think what pushed that group of aggrieved Chinese patriots over the edge was the fact that the tattoo contains the complex character for Tai (臺) instead of the simplified one (台).

4 Likes

Looks painful. Have some sympathy for him in this case.

1 Like

Indeed, but it’s important not to be an enabler to his behavior. The fact that he posted his injuries on a public Facebook forum suggests that that is what he may be looking for.

1 Like

The chances are these were not aggrieved Chinese patriots, or tourists, or workers. They were triads, plenty of which are in Cambodia and the response someone should have warned him about.

If I am right, they have most likely gone off and discussed this with themselves and concluded they were way too soft on this guy. Seriously, the only thing this guy could do worse in terms of situational awareness is hang there for a few weeks is get locked up in a Cambodian jail full of Chinese gangsters.

2 Likes

He always posts crazy stuff on FB and deletes it when he is sober. He’s an attention seeker. I hope he makes it back to Taiwan in one piece!

1 Like