Extra extra! New scandal! They're NOT Canadian!

Yes this isolated incident is going to tarnish the solid reputation English teachers enjoy here.

To someone he was a prick. That’s the obvious. Want to be King O’ Da Hook ups?..Welcome to the other side of the coin, Gangstah.[/quote]

I know this has got to be true, I wouldn’t know because I only know him and not anyone he hangs out with or knows. But I find it somewhat hard to picture him ever being anything but sweet.

Never heard of this Namen Road. Is it near Nanmen Road by any chance?

To someone he was a prick. That’s the obvious. Want to be King O’ Da Hook ups?..Welcome to the other side of the coin, Gangstah.[/quote]

I know this has got to be true, I wouldn’t know because I only know him and not anyone he hangs out with or knows. But I find it somewhat hard to picture him ever being anything but sweet.[/quote]

I’m a little confused now. Was this a drug bust (wrong place at the wrong time), a raid (someone didn’t like him) or what?? Do the articles differ or am I not reading it correctly?

Of course the articles differ. One paper thinks a bust is more dramatic. One thinks a raid is.

Never heard of this Namen Road. Is it near Nanmen Road by any chance?[/quote]
Loosen the beer goggles and buy me breakfast/lunch or dinner and I’ll tell you.

I still love how all foreigners are instantly identifiable, even in the press, by their first names alone. “Jamie.” Sure, we know him. Go ahead and write that name on the indictment. Perfectly sufficient to ID the guy.

Well, OT, but for some reason, my credit card statements come in my middle name only; no first, no last, only my middle name. :idunno:

Man, a possible 7 years in prison here; wonder if he always wanted to see Green Island… :frowning:

Well, OT, but for some reason, my credit card statements come in my middle name only; no first, no last, only my middle name. :idunno:

Man, a possible 7 years in prison here; wonder if he always wanted to see Green Island:frowning:[/quote]

He would wish that. He’ll most likely end up in the foreigner prison right outside of San Xia.

Fuck.

Well, as Taiwan’s foreign community, a member is up against some draconian laws and a dubious court system. It is an issue for the foreign community.

HG

Jamie, Jones and Michael. Sounds like the members of a boy band.

Well, if my (then) mid-60s mother got the point immediately upon deplaning at CKS Airport when she read on the wall in huge letters “Drug Trafficking Punishable by Death”, um…(this has been discussed to death in other threads, but if you know you’re going to a place where they cut the left pinky finger off all people who wear Nikes, you might want to avoid wearing Nikes while you’re there.)

But what if like half the people in non-Nike land wear Nikes and have two replete handfuls of fingers? Indeed, the yoof culture is as Nike-riddled as that of the one you left?

The law, as they say, is an arse - or should that be ass? - as in a little horsey thing. You see, you yanks confuse me with your oversimplified spelling.

HG

it may be an ass but it’s still up to you to stay out of the way of the kick, more so when you know the bastard kicks.

I turns out one of my friends here actually worked with guy from NZ.
He was accused of buying (says he wasn’t, was just with friends who were).
Anyways, he spent 3 days in jail and was deported back home.
He got off lucky.
I’m not sure about the other two, but it sounds like they’re ratting out everyone they know to get their jail time down.

[quote=“Josefus”]I turns out one of my friends here actually worked with guy from NZ.
He was accused of buying (says he wasn’t, was just with friends who were).
Anyways, he spent 3 days in jail and was deported back home.
He got off lucky.
I’m not sure about the other two, but it sounds like they’re ratting out everyone they know to get their jail time down.[/quote]

Don’t ya love it? Friendships run DEEEEEEP here. Screw responsibility. :unamused:

Hey…Josefus…wanna go to Luxy? We can go sip drinks and listen to shit music, puff out our chests and shake hands with ‘peeps’. But hey, if we get nailed while hangin out…I’m droppin names from F.com and anyone within radius of my arrest. Fook the lot of ya! Hey! Do you know Billy Bob from Buttfuck, Ontario? I heard he deals asprin! OOoooOoOo. What about Darth CumCannon from Hicksville, USA. I heard he’s got ins with the ladies. Did ya here that he’s screwin…nm. Oh and then there’s that guy? What’s his name? I forgot…ya that guy!..He’s a pussy!

What a dumb game here in Taiwan, more specifically Taipei. I’m glad I’m out of that damn city and down here. I’m too old and jaded for that crap now.

I’m thinking more than a couple English teaching slots are going to open up :smiley:

• Sorry, Chewy not here (or participating) I feel someone’s got to pick up the slack

I’m thinking more than a couple English teaching slots are going to open up :smiley:

• Sorry, Chewy not here (or participating) I feel someone’s got to pick up the slack[/quote]

Ya and the grapevine will blow this up to the point where it will have a lot of people hiding in their apartments. Jeeeeezuz.

Foreign ‘Ladies Man’ - Crackhead - Cool Guy - English Teacher - Young IT Worker Extradinare:
Oh Lord please don’t let them find me. I don’t want to go home. I will miss out on being popular and I’ll have to resort to never seeing a woman naked ever again.

M0NSTER, you should come up to the NOFX show.
I know you like moshpits. :slight_smile:

Sigh! Assumptions dressed up as news . . . again.

Anhhow, I heard they were all high on pot and sodomised babies, worse still, they were boy babies! And THEN . . . .

HG