Extra extra! New scandal! They're NOT Canadian!

Has Apple Daily made the link yet? You know, “No wonder those little kids at that elementary school did such terrible things to that 10-year-old girl, what with all these drug-dealing sex-fiend foreigners getting into our schools and blah blah blah …”

I know the details of this first hand so I will fill you guys in a little… The American and Kiwi were just in the park… The park that is close to “the Diner” (where many foriegners sit and chat after a very good burger, and where I have sat many times to let my food settle) off Heping E. Road when the cops came up and busted them… Neither of them were caught with anything, neither one of them had anything at all except a coffee in hand. The cops surrounded them with guns drawn and arrested both of them.
After that, the other guy came up (the other two were not with him), he was arrested and after a search of his house, everything that was found was found. I do not know that guy. As for the American and Kiwi, they were held for three days for absolutely nothing except for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. No drugs, absolutely fucking nothing… So for this their face and names are all over the news, etc… Do you not think that if they were caught doing something wrong they would still be in jail?? The cops simply kept them for three days, let the media in, gave them a piss test and then said… Oh well you guys did nothing so we are letting you go. Both of them have since lost their jobs (the labor department even went as far as to call their employers to inform them of the wrong doing that did not happen).
You might not believe me, I could really care less, but why would they be out of jail if they did something wrong?
So all you twats that love to follow and believe the circus of a media we have over here better think about it and just pray that you never happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time… This could happen to any of us at the same time. And maybe next time it will be one of you that is the unfortunate one. REally disgusting reading some of the things some of you so so honorable people mention.

[quote=“Ayoimawake”]I know the details of this first hand so I will fill you guys in a little… The American and Kiwi were just in the park… The park that is close to “the Diner” (where many foriegners sit and chat after a very good burger, and where I have sat many times to let my food settle) off Heping E. Road when the cops came up and busted them… Neither of them were caught with anything, neither one of them had anything at all except a coffee in hand. The cops surrounded them with guns drawn and arrested both of them.
After that, the other guy came up (the other two were not with him), he was arrested and after a search of his house, everything that was found was found. I do not know that guy. As for the American and Kiwi, they were held for three days for absolutely nothing except for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. No drugs, absolutely fucking nothing… So for this their face and names are all over the news, etc… Do you not think that if they were caught doing something wrong they would still be in jail?? The cops simply kept them for three days, let the media in, gave them a piss test and then said… Oh well you guys did nothing so we are letting you go. Both of them have since lost their jobs (the labor department even went as far as to call their employers to inform them of the wrong doing that did not happen).
You might not believe me, I could really care less, but why would they be out of jail if they did something wrong?
So all you twats that love to follow and believe the circus of a media we have over here better think about it and just pray that you never happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time… This could happen to any of us at the same time. And maybe next time it will be one of you that is the unfortunate one. REally disgusting reading some of the things some of you so so honorable people mention.[/quote]

:bravo:

btw neither the American nor Kiwi were deported, they just lost their jobs.

doesn’t that mean they have 7 days to find a new job or their ARC expires…or something else to make their lives more miserable?

Anybody know the outcome of this story? I read somewhere that the trial was coming up.

[quote=“Ayoimawake”]I know the details of this first hand so I will fill you guys in a little… The American and Kiwi were just in the park… The park that is close to “the Diner” (where many foriegners sit and chat after a very good burger, and where I have sat many times to let my food settle) off Heping E. Road when the cops came up and busted them… Neither of them were caught with anything, neither one of them had anything at all except a coffee in hand. The cops surrounded them with guns drawn and arrested both of them.
After that, the other guy came up (the other two were not with him), he was arrested and after a search of his house, everything that was found was found. I do not know that guy.[/quote]

So the police randomly arrested two foreign guys sitting in the park who were doing nothing, who didn’t know the guy who came along later, and were just minding their own business doing whatever, and shortly after this other guy came along and the cops decided ‘Hey, we’ll arrest you too for no reason’, and then decided to search this one guy’s house randomly (also for no reason), and happened to stumble across some drugs they never expected to find there.

Do I have it right? I’d like to be sure on this.

[quote=“Fortigurn”]So the police randomly arrested two foreign guys sitting in the park who were doing nothing, who didn’t know the guy who came along later, and were just minding their own business doing whatever, and shortly after this other guy came along and the cops decided ‘Hey, we’ll arrest you too for no reason’, and then decided to search this one guy’s house randomly (also for no reason), and happened to stumble across some drugs they never expected to find there.

Do I have it right? I’d like to be sure on this.[/quote]

That sounds like an entirely plausible scenario to me. Seriously.

I’m less interested in whether it’s plausible than whether it’s true. A lot of things are plausible. It’s plausible that they were waiting in the park looking for people to stab. I’m not particularly interested in the vast range of what could be ‘plausible’. I’m interested in what’s true.

There seems to be a lot of plausible but improbable situations when it comes to foreigners and the Taiwanese police.

Oh, you’re interested in what is true. My mistake. I’m sure there’s someone on here who can provide you with the indisputable truth. Someone who was there. Someone with video evidence, perhaps. Failing that, why don’t you just ask the cops? I’m sure they always tell the truth.

Good luck.

Yes. That’s why I directed my question to Ayoimawake, who claimed:

Firsthand means Ayoimawake was actually there, an eyewitness to the scene. Not told about it afterwards, didn’t hear about it in the pub, but was present when it took place. Ayoimawake has made the claim that they know ‘the details’. I’m asking for the details.

Of course it could be that Ayoimawake did not in fact mean ‘I know the details of this first hand’. I’ll wait and see.

I’m not sure what additional details you’re expecting from Ayoimawake, who has already given his/her firsthand account of the situation. My impression, given the doubting tone of your response to his/her assertion, was that you were looking for corroborating evidence.

Again, good luck.

I made them quite, quite clear.

[quote]The cops surrounded them with guns drawn and arrested both of them.

After that, the other guy came up (the other two were not with him), he was arrested and after a search of his house, everything that was found was found.[/quote]
Does this mean that the third guy, who had a houseful of sin, walked up to a bunch of cops who had arrested two guys in a park? Uhm, they taught me in Paranoia 101 to avoid the Man in all His incarnations.

Reminds me of a story PJ O’Rourke wrote for Rolling Stone years ago: he was hanging out with inner city cops busting up a crak ring. They surrounded a house, a dozen cars, lights flashing, broke the door down. The kid they were looking for wasn’t home. Grandma was though. In all the hubub, with cops streaming in and out of the house, the kid walks down the street, past the cop cars, and up the steps of his house. A cop grabs him and says, “Who the hell are you?”

The kid says, “I lives here.” :unamused:

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote]The cops surrounded them with guns drawn and arrested both of them.

After that, the other guy came up (the other two were not with him), he was arrested and after a search of his house, everything that was found was found.[/quote]
Does this mean that the third guy, who had a houseful of sin, walked up to a bunch of cops who had arrested two guys in a park? Uhm, they taught me in Paranoia 101 to avoid the Man in all His incarnations.[/quote]

That would indeed be odd.

[quote=“Fortigurn”][quote=“Ayoimawake”]I know the details of this first hand so I will fill you guys in a little… The American and Kiwi were just in the park… The park that is close to “the Diner” (where many foriegners sit and chat after a very good burger, and where I have sat many times to let my food settle) off Heping E. Road when the cops came up and busted them… Neither of them were caught with anything, neither one of them had anything at all except a coffee in hand. The cops surrounded them with guns drawn and arrested both of them.
After that, the other guy came up (the other two were not with him), he was arrested and after a search of his house, everything that was found was found. I do not know that guy.[/quote]

So the police randomly arrested two foreign guys sitting in the park who were doing nothing, who didn’t know the guy who came along later, and were just minding their own business doing whatever, and shortly after this other guy came along and the cops decided ‘Hey, we’ll arrest you too for no reason’, and then decided to search this one guy’s house randomly (also for no reason), and happened to stumble across some drugs they never expected to find there.

Do I have it right? I’d like to be sure on this.[/quote]

Sorry, but all I see is you repeating Ayoimawake’s post and wondering (asking?) if some of the events happened “for no reason”.

Given that the local constabulary makes the Keystone Cops look like a well-trained, highly- efficient, squeaky-clean law enforcement machine, I’d say that “for no reason” is a very plausible explanation.

It seems there are 2 very different sides to this story.

Either they were arrested for “doing nothing”, or they were arrested red-handed for drug buying/selling.

There’s the first hand account, or there’s the police account. :ponder:

I’m sorry that’s all you see. There are statements there which are mine, not theirs. I am still waiting for the clarification which only a first hand account can provide.

[quote=“Josefus”]It seems there are 2 very different sides to this story.

Either they were arrested for “doing nothing”, or they were arrested red-handed for drug buying/selling.

There’s the first hand account, or there’s the police account. Pondering…[/quote]

I see I’m not the only one who perceives the discrepancies.

It seems there are 2 very different sides to this story.

There’s the first hand account, or there’s the police account. :ponder:[/quote]
That, and what’s hash going for these days?