Extremely stressed because of depressed girlfriend

It looks like there might be several places offering counseling services in that area.

Edited to add:

I see that @Taiwan_Luthiers has provided the location for the place he recommended, so you can disregard my post about the other possible counseling services in the area of Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall.

Yeah get out of this relationship. Sounds toxic. If you’ve no experience with this before what you are going through are the roller coaster lows and highs. You end up just getting kicks off the toxicity, not healthy at all.

Plenty of red flags here. The way she talks to you. The over superstitious father. A possible pill addiction and suicidal tendencies.

You’ll drive yourself insane trying to understand the situation, and it will be impossible to understand it anyway.

Dude stop thinking about them and her. They are all losers, pathetic people. Who cares.
Are you moving on with you life or will keep let them taking fully advantage of you?

I think deep down you love their drama

2 Likes

OP, I think you’re doing the right thing by moving out and presumably calling it quits with this girl. Like people have said, there are people who just can’t be fixed, so don’t waste your time and sanity trying to help her.

Anyway, whatever she chooses to do after you leave her/break up is all on her. Don’t stress yourself out thinking you’re responsible for what she chooses to do next. And honestly, even if you manage to “fix” her, I don’t think it would be a very healthy relationship to be in considering the fact that she still wants to maintain ties with her parents (who honestly just seem incredibly nutty and toxic). Wishing you the best of luck, OP.

2 Likes

So she’s lying to her parents about where she’s living, at nearly 30 years old. Think about that from an outside perspective.

Also it brings up the question - what else is she lying to them about, and what is she lying to you about?

6 Likes

If you are dating some taiwanese girl then you should expect that absolute obedience to parents comes with the territory. I mean people here still insists on wearing masks even though there are no rules. That tells you something.

2 Likes

I was told exact the same words by older neighbor when being madly in love with cutier girl from another side of town. I was 21 and it was my first relation.
They are turkish. I laughed it off, and two years later I found she had a wild affair with gym trainer.
It totally demaged my self confidence and I needed have dozen girls and a lot of time to get mentally over it.
It was my first serious relation and was so naive it make me cringe looking back.
But at the same time happy for experience cause it gave me strong foundation dealing with Taiwanese traditional expectations.
This turkish girl was married to traditional turkish guy. I am sure he believes 100% she was a virgin the time of marriage

3 Likes

I am still waiting to have my first relationship, and I’m 40.

I’m convinced it will never happen.

Maybe CRISPR will allow me to change my ethnicity in the future, and then I will be able to have relationships.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s always struck me as odd that Asian people don’t have relationships. The molecular biologists should get working on that immediately. It’d pay for itself in the Valentine’s Day card market alone.

4 Likes

Women aren’t particularly taken with blokes who continually whinge about everything.

10 Likes

Have you had a sit down with her about what you’re feeling?

Although I agree with what everyone said about leaving the relationship which is probably for the best.

However, If you do want to have a chance with her you probably need to address this issue upfront right away. Her reaction will tell you if this relationship is even salvageable. She may need to address how own relationship balances with her family and may have to accept she will need to forgo and change the type of relationship she had with her father to be with you.

And you never whine about anything because everything goes your way.

Wait until nothing goes your way and see what happens.

Yea and women only like successful guys, or guys who appear successful.

Or men.

4 Likes

Let’s get this pity party started!

Women like interesting guys, who put em in good mood.
you have no idea how many lonely Filipino girls are in Taiwan. You tell them a joke or two, get line, buy em beer and sooner you expect she will jump all around you.

3 Likes

I don’t have any idea. I don’t know where fillippino girls congregate apart from catholic masses. I’m not sure I want to go there just to hit on someone.

and soon after that start asking for money to send home…?

3 Likes

This guy knows his stuff lol.

1 Like

Um, not really. I lived like a street person for years. Penniless. Always had a girlfriend, though.
Right now, I have lost most of my work due to COVID, live hand-to-mouth, have liver disease and hemorrhoids the size of a bunch of grapes, that bleed constantly, coming out of my asshole. My wife still loves me (I think).
Oh, wait. I still have white privilege, right?

2 Likes

Ofc you want to pray to Jesus. What kind of question is this?