Eyeballing - For or Against?

Eyeballing - keep it, or trash it?

• Keep it, it’s cool.
  • Get rid of it - it’s an invasion of privacy!
  • Huh?

0 voters

To access the new feature ‘who has viewed this topic’, click on the eyeball above a post.
IMO, this seems like an invasion of privacy to some extent. I’ve clicked a few times but I’m not sure what it proves for the site except knowing WHO has been reading the thread. Is this necessary? Why?
Would be interested to know what useful points there are for such a feature.

Please enlighten me.

I find it slightlY disturbing too (although not quite sure why?). Maybe I wouldn’t want people knowing I’d viewed ‘What to do about nasty penis rash?’ 23 times.

Brian

[quote=“Alien”]To access the new feature ‘who has viewed this topic’, click on the eyeball above a post.
IMO, this seems like an invasion of privacy to some extent.[/quote]

I agree with you… :shock: … :laughing:

Agree here too, I can’t see what the purpose of it is and it is an invasion of privacy as already stated. Like a lot of the useless bells and whistles it appears to be there simply because it can be. Please lose it. As a matter of interest, if someone has chosen to be ‘invisible’, do they still show up under the ‘eye’?

Is it just me, once again, that I can’t seen to find the eyeballs…
why why why… :blush:

Directly to the right of the quote button M.

Agree with the posters above.

found it, Thanks Alleycat!!

for some reason, never noticed it… :unamused:

Along with a facination with maps, I also find statistics very cool.
This “eye” thing does not bother me in the slightest. In fact, I think it is very interesting information. Granted, it might only be of use to moderators :mrgreen: or administrators, but I don’t mind anyone knowing how many times I have looked at Bu’s rashy penis … site :shock: .

The eyeball icon on the top right of each post lets you know who has read this topic, how many times, and the last time they did so. Let us know how you feel about the feature.

I can’t think how it would be useful even for a moderator to know if someone has viewed a particular post…
I tend to look at most posts anyway because I’m so sad and desperate (that’s my excuse for reading about Brian’s rash :sunglasses: ),so it doesn’t really bother me, but it seems to bother others…

Bri, I’m so sorry to hear about your rash. :shock: Is that why you walk funny? :moo:

A good way to scare people away I think.

I don’t like it.

I don’t like it.

Part of the “dignity” of an on-line community is that you can actually read everything the guy you’re arguing with posts, but then pretend that you haven’t. Saves face for all…

I hope they don’t come up with a function for seeing who votes in a poll and what they voted for. Ge Ge is watching you.

Absolutely opposed to the eyeball feature. Ones browsing habits are one’s own business.

I have logged on to post this message, but I am now only browsing without logging in.

Why clutter up the screen with useless features? Get rid of the staring eye! I always feel as if it is watching and mentally undressing me - the dirty bugger. It makes me feel cheap and used.

I don’t see the point of this at all. What are you going to do? “no-one’s looked at xx thread for two days, so I’ll delete it?” Of course not.
Its a stupid idea.

I like simple things and too many features confused the $hit out of me. Heck, I am the gal that don’t even know what TIME DEPOSIT means… :unamused:

[quote=“almas john”]I always feel as if it is watching and mentally undressing me - the dirty bugger. It makes me feel cheap and used.[/quote]Which is exactly why I like it :wink:

Not really, I don’t really like it.