EZ Way App - Customs information

Well would you look at that… Just got my package. Not only is it early, but it literally showed up a few hours after I posted that :point_up_2:

4 Likes

:laughing:

Well…that’s just awkward… Next time be more careful about posting photos with your personal info visible in it…

1 Like

Moral of the story is: EZWay registration is for nerds.

1 Like

:laughing: OOOOPS! :disguised_face:

And that after my mini rant about never giving my phone # out :joy: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I still see an address on the sticker over the swish mark. Is that your address?

I’m pretty sure Amazon parcels go through customs without EZWay because Amazon withhold the import tax at checkout (then refund later if it’s not needed)

Point of EZWay is to force buyers to pay import tax for items where it’s not already been paid.

I used to ignore those SMS messages too, but then I had to sign up to EZway for Shopee. So now Amazon packages appear on the EZway app (but I’ve never had to pay anything)

Without charge, but you’re limited to 6 imports whether under $2,000NT or not. After that, you’ll be charged even if you order from Shopee. That’s the customs policy, but I don’t think they’ve got the bugs worked out on the tech side. I’ve ordered things from Ali and Shopee totaling more than 6 in a 6 month period and not been charged anything. Shopee itself will collect the customs fee if you go over 6, but only if it’s over 6 on their platform.

2 Likes

Hi, new student over here. I ordered a pair of earbuds costing 4290TWD from Germany. Should there be anything i should look out for. I am aware I need to pay like 500TWD for the Import Duty Tax, etc… Should I be looking at paying anymore than this ?

I want to buy something from overseas, so I downloaded the EZ way app yesterday.
Now, I came to an option named “pre-entrustment”.
What’s that about?

Pre-entrustment or “委託” in Chinese basically means you are entrusting the carrier with the duties of clearing customs & forwarding the goods to your destination on your behalf. It is an implied contract which you must sign and agree to. All international freight carriers like Fedex, DHL, UPS also asks us to complete this 委託 ageement before they clear customs for us.

3 Likes

Thanks!

Proper term for this in English is brokerage.

I ordered something from Amazon (US) for the first time and I kept receiving email and text messages that I need to register for the EZWay.

At first, everything seemed to work well - shortly after submitting my data, I received another email and a text message telling me that the real name registration is complete now.

One hour later, however, the status in the app changed to “failed” and I received another email:

您的帳號:qwert_zuiop,因請拍攝完整的證件影像,故取消實名認證,請至EZWay主畫面右上個人設定(齒輪圖示) > 點選「會員資料維護」,修正資料重新認證

The app shows the following „reject reason“:

So I submitted everything again and waiting to hear back.

Wish me luck…

1 Like

Personally I’ve found ignoring anything notifications to be quite an effective tactic. I did set up EZWay some time ago but every so often it complains about something missing or incomplete when a new shipment is due to arrive, I ignore it now and have not yet had a shipment not arrive.

3 Likes

I don’t see it or is my brain fried?

Quick update: Didn’t receive any notification from the Ezway app but received my package. So yeah, I probably wouldn’t even have needed to set up anything in this case.

3 Likes

This post may be of interest to you:

1 Like

Hi, can you help me out with the what to put into the form? Can you share a form that you uploaded to them? Many thanks