EZ Way App - Customs information

Up until this week I’ve regularly received these two automated messages back to back when ever I’m expecting a package. The skeptic in me has always just ignored them. I’m constantly receiving txts and Line msgs to sign up for this or invest in that and I have no desire to make it any easier for scammers and phone sellers to contact me. It’s so bad I make a point to NEVER give my phone# or any other identifying info to anyone unless it’s absolutely imperative that I do so. That said I’ve been ignoring these messages on a regular basis for quite some time now. Despite me ghosting who ever is sending them, my packages have always delivered on scheduled. And I order a lot of crap from Amazon and on occasion eBay.

(message 1of2)
"您好,您的亞馬遜包裹將抵台,請實名認證EZWAY易利委以免延誤清關.外籍人士亦可居留證註冊.可加line@wpb5663y了解詳情.謝謝"
(message 2of2)
"請您用您的手機下載EZWAY 易利委, 綁定您的手機門號提交相關文件資訊,即可完成EZWAY實名認證。謝謝。ACS物流公司敬上"

Google translate:
(message 1of2)
“Hello, your Amazon package will arrive in Taiwan, please real-name authentication EZWAY to avoid delays in customs clearance. Foreigners can also register with a residence permit. You can add line@wpb5663y for details. Thank you)”
(message 2of2)
“Please download EZWAY with your mobile phone, bind your mobile phone number and submit relevant document information to complete EZWAY real-name authentication. thanks. Sincerely, ACS Logistics”

However, this week I received two separate (not back to back), differently worded messages. One on 6/20, and the other on 6/21.

(6/20)
"你的亞馬遜包裹將抵台由於未完成ez way實名認證,包裹無法放行,請儘速
完成ezway註冊登記。02-77307700 YD EXPR"
(6/21)
“你的亞馬遜包裹將抵台由於未完成ez way實名認證,包裹無法放行,請儘速完成ezway註冊登記。02-77307700 YD EXPRES”

Google translate:
(6/20)
"Your Amazon package will arrive in Taiwan. The package cannot be released because the ez way real-name authentication has not been completed, please hurry up
Complete the ezway registration. 02-77307700 YD EXPR"
(6/21)
“Your Amazon package will arrive in Taiwan. The package cannot be released because the ezway real-name authentication has not been completed. Please complete the ezway registration as soon as possible. 02-77307700 YD EXPRES”

So the messages have changed from “to avoid delays…” to “the package can not be released”.

However as of 7:30am today (6/22) my Amazon tracking shows:
“Package transferred to another carrier for delivery. TPE, TW”

Based on this, I’m assuming this package, which is the first of two that I’m expecting has already cleared customs. That said I suppose I’ll just continue ignoring the messages and see what happens. I’ll post back with an update if and when the packages arrives.

4 Likes

Well would you look at that… Just got my package. Not only is it early, but it literally showed up a few hours after I posted that :point_up_2:

4 Likes

:laughing:

Well…that’s just awkward… Next time be more careful about posting photos with your personal info visible in it…

1 Like

Moral of the story is: EZWay registration is for nerds.

1 Like

:laughing: OOOOPS! :disguised_face:

And that after my mini rant about never giving my phone # out :joy: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I still see an address on the sticker over the swish mark. Is that your address?