(F)lyin' Ted Cruz

Related. Nobody can be this dumb, what is Jr. on?

In an attempt to defend Ted Cruz for going on vacation as Texas struggled with the aftermath of Winter storm Uri, Donald Trump Jr appeared to get one important detail wrong in accusing the lawmaker’s critics of hypocrisy.

The senator for Texas is being eviscerated by the public and media after it emerged he had taken his family to Cancun, Mexico, as his constituents endured record cold temperatures with no heat, power, or water,

The eldest son of former president Donald Trump took to Twitter and hit out at “the hypocrisy of those trying to cancel Ted Cruz,” adding that their silence “on their Democrat Governor’s incompetence is telling.”

Unfortunately for Mr Trump, and as many Texans were quick to point out, Texas Governor Greg Abbott is a Republican and was chair of the Republican Governor’s Association from 2019 to 2020.

3 Likes

“Liberty is never safer than when politicans are terrified.” --Cancun Cruz (https://www.azquotes.com/quote/939126)

Agree absolutely. That Lyin’ Ted (the nickname Donald Trump gave him) is a dishonest self-centered shitweasel willing to throw anybody under the bus ( father, whom Trump accused of being part of the plot to kill Kennedy; wife, whom Trump called ugly; kids, whom Ted tried to use as an excuse for his Cancun vacation) who doesn’t give a crap about his constituents (while Beta O’Rourke was working on relief and AOC was collecting money for Texas), should only be a part of the scope of this thread.
It should also cover that Gov. Abbott, Fox News and the right-wing media in general are lying swine who made up falsehoods about the GND; that Abbott, Perry, and other Texas Republicans are trying to cover up their own incompetence, desire for campaign funding, and ideological blindness; that conservative ‘thought’ is basically stupidity deployed as an excuse for greed and selfish indifference.
Go to it!

2 Likes

I’ll alter the title so this can be a general Cruz thread. What do you think?

The thread title’s quite funny.

2 Likes

people.com: Hillary Clinton Takes Swipe at Ted Cruz for Leaving Dog in Texas House amid Snowstorm During Cancún Trip.
Hillary Clinton Takes Swipe at Ted Cruz for Leaving Dog in Texas House | PEOPLE.com

She struggled to keep hers on her porch.

1 Like

Daughters okay tho.

1 Like

Imagine being such a loser you name your dog snowflake to own the libs.

1 Like

Wrong thread

2 Likes
2 Likes

Im so glad there is nothing serious going on in the states to make this type of thing news worthy!

A U.S. senator abandoning his state in a dereliction of duty while his constituents were dying and without power is newsworthy.

2 Likes

Translation: Everybody I disagree with is a democrat.

1 Like

This is certainly a bad look for Ted. But most of the problems are at a state level with many republicans not preparing for such an event. He is a senator, so it’s not like he was abandoning his local state duties. I’m not saying he couldn’t have done something, but it’s worth pointing out senators do work remotely these days.

Sadly, he is a strong supporter of Taiwan. A new legislation calling for more military support for Taiwan is coming again, he will probably support that. So I hope it doesn’t hurt that legislation.

The focus should be on poor planning on the state, many of them republicans. Not Ted, but the news of course like sensational news over the boring problems. I’m deeply saddened for my home state. I hope they really make some changes.

Pure distraction politics. :smiley: :grin: :laughing: ‘Meet the governor we’ve known all along’: how Cuomo fell from grace | US news | The Guardian

Depending on how you look at it, he kind of is - there was a state of emergency declared (so saying, eh, state issue is even technically out) and the week is literally on the senate calendar as state work period. All that is, of course, putting aside all the work he could’ve been doing from the bully pulpit (like beto and aoc).

Edit, and apparently the exec and tx govt thinks the fedl govt has a role:

as Press Secretary Psaki nears the end of a fairly long remote presser and takes a question from the Daily Mail reporter:

OPERATOR: Our next question will come from the line of Nikki Schwab of Daily Mail. Please, go ahead.

Q Hi, Jen. Can you hear me?

MS. PSAKI: I can.

Q Great. Just wondering if the President has any reaction to these reports that say Senator Ted Cruz flew to Cancun amid this giant winter storm in his home state of Texas?

MS. PSAKI: Well, I don’t have any updates on the exact location of Senator Ted Cruz, nor does anyone at the White House. But our focus is on working directly with leadership in Texas and the surrounding states on addressing the winter storm and the crisis at hand — the many people across the state who are without power, without the resources they need. And we expect that would be the focus of anyone in the state or surrounding states who was elected to represent them. But I don’t have any update on his whereabouts.

4 Likes

Maybe Junior read about AOC raising 2 million and thought she was governor of Texas now. Fair mistake.

2 Likes

Wrong thread. Cuomo had his own thread

2 Likes

The Gang of Predators party has screwed up everything that’s happened on its watch in recent decades — 9/11, Iraq, Hurricane Katrina, the Great Recession, COVID-19 and now the Texas power grid meltdown - so anyone who expects better of it hasn’t been paying attention.

1 Like