(F)lyin' Ted Cruz

As British PM Harold Macmillan is reported to have remarked about Khruschev’s shoe-banging incident at the UN, “May we have a translation of that please?”

1 Like

In an excerpt of “On The House” published Friday in Politico Magazine, Boehner similarly let loose on Cruz, calling him the “new head lunatic leading the way” of “the chaos caucus in the House.”

“There is nothing more dangerous than a reckless asshole who thinks he is smarter than everyone else. Ladies and gentlemen, meet Senator Ted Cruz,” Boehner wrote.

1 Like

“Hell, I heard the situation at the border was so bad that Ted Cruz tried to sneak into Mexico.”

I hope he didn’t bring his ID, they’d keep him in Mexico for good!

The latest of ‘straight face lying’ Ted!

Interesting video, but spouting partisan talking points.

What the Republicans did was shitty, but they did control the Senate, their Senate their rules. I don’t much like what Nancy has been doing in the House, but her House, her rules. Everyone knows the court packing move by the Democrats is a power grab and just as shitty. But they will do it anyway.

The voting, Democrats focus on shitty Republican behavior like gerrymandering and voter disenfranchisement, but are equally shitty in taking care only people who are eligible to vote actually vote and fight tooth and nail sensible policies that would remedy that and are supported by the vast majority. Not fixing that creates loopholes for cheating.

Pretty sure Democrats have a long to do list, if you are a Democrat you will probably like most of them, CRT, new State for Washington, more parliamentary style government, proportional representation. Will need to pack the court to do most of that though.

1 Like

This is the scary one, as it would probably mean a permanent Democrat supermajority. Welcome the one-party state.

Or the Republicans could do something that people actually like- what’s the name of the system where the government does what the people actually vote for?

1 Like

Washington is the government…the Democrat government anyway.

You mean the one that people voted for? (The House and the Presidency, anyway- 40 million more people voted for the Democrats for Senate).

(Delete- trying to avoid snark in my new spiritually uplifted phase.)

Good luck! :grin:

It’s 50/50 right now, so… Not really. Wasn’t long ago that repubs controlled both houses. All they have to do to maintain control was to get slightly sane.

Cruz vs Abrams, didn’t go so well for Teddy!

Ted Cruz: The gift that keeps on giving

1 Like

You know what’s worse? People that are actually voting these idiots into office.

1 Like

Don’t know what is disagreeable here. Cruz is right. The peaceful demonstrators were great. The people that breached the Capitol or attacked police officers are terrorists and should have been shot on sight.

The guys who breached the capitol should have gotten terrorism charges.

And since Trump instigated it, he needs to be tried for treason.

The fact that most the guys got a slap on the wrist is a travesty and shows rule of law doesn’t exist in the US. As most of them are white. Imagine the reckoning that would happen if any of the Black Lives Matter guys even entertained the thought.

Do you have a quote where he asked people to breach the Capitol? If so, I’ll agree with you, but I don’t think that’s what happened.

Not really, but Trump isn’t stupid either, so I don’t think he’ll go right out and tell people to go rush the capitol unless he is for sure he can get away with it.

But there’s every indication that he tacitly approved of it, so he needs to at least be accountable for it.

That’s not how it works. You can’t prosecute people for what they might have meant.