Falun Gong is not a cult!

[quote=“phibert”]

How much money does it take buy one of these certificates?[/quote]

I suggest you go to buy one, and put it onto here, then you can say this can be bought.

So you want us to read it, but not judge it? Sorry, but that’s ridiculous. Then you seem to suggest that if you are not able to read it without judging then you do not “have an idea what is the teaching”. [/quote]

I think you have misunderstood what i mean, I said just read from the beginning to the end, then you have an idea what is the teaching." After that kind of reading, you can conclude your own judgment.

Don’t libel before you really understand sth.

[quote]I think you have misunderstood what I mean, I said just read from the beginning to the end, then you have an idea what is the teaching." After that kind of reading, you can conclude your own judgment.

Don’t libel before you really understand sth.[/quote]

I’m not “libeling” you, Liz118. I don’t think anyone could blame me for misunderstanding your comment, it’s not written very clearly.

And I’m not about to sit down and read your master’s book, I’ve got better ways to waste my time. Face it Liz118, your master is either completely insane or a conman who is responsible for the death and suffering of many poor and deluded people. And if you really use the internet from your safe haven in HongKong to try spread your cult in China, then you too are responsible for any suffering that Falun Gong members may experience in China.

Honestly, before I started reading your comments and their responses on Forumosa, I had a neutral to positive opinion of Falun Gong. Now I’m convinced it’s complete bullsh*t. Thanks for the heads up, Liz118. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I found this on a website:

"Falun Gong has been honored with over 900 proclamations and awards from Australia, Canada, China (before the Persecution), Japan, Russia, the United States and other countries. Especially in the United States, Falun Dafa has received much praise and acclamation.

For the first few years after introducing Falun Gong, Li Hongzhi was granted several awards by Chinese governmental organizations. At the Asian health expo of 1992 and 1993 in Beijing, Falun Gong was successively nominated as the “star qigong”.

Falun Gong has been honored with over 900 proclamations and awards from Australia, Canada, China (before the persecution), Japan, Russia, the United States and other countries. Especially in the United States, Falun Dafa has received much praise and acclamation. How meaningful these municipal awards are and how they are used to promote the Falun Gong are matters of some controversy.

Recognition recieved from the Qi Gong Community include that from Master Da Liu, the Master who introduced Tai-Chi to America. He said at the age of 95 that he now asks all his students to practice Falun Gong.

Mr. Li Hongzhi was nominated for the 2001 Nobel Peace Prize by nearly 600 professors and government officials from 21 countries. Mr. Li was also nominated in 2001 by 28 European Parliament members for the Sakharov Prize for Freedom of Thought."

Three things:

1. What’s your point? I mean your real point.
  2. Who cares? A cult which gets meaningless certificates is still a cult.
  3. This “website” wouldn’t happen to be either a) Clear Wisdom, b) linked by Clear Wisdom, or c) related to Clear Wisdom, would it? Or perhaps it was the Weekly World News.

My suggestion:
if sby declares that thousands of awards from governments are nothing, why doesn’t he get one single award, and show us here?

[quote=“Lizi1118”]My suggestion:
if sby declares that thousands of awards from governments are nothing, why doesn’t he get one single award, and show us here?[/quote]

As requested:

snopes.com/legal/desalvo.asp

[quote]Back in 1971, Rep. Tom . . . Moore, Jr. of Waco, Texas

And this from further down the page directly addresses Lizi’s question:

[quote]Although we would hope our elected representatives would pay enough attention to their jobs not to pass resolutions commending murderers, that Moore’s stunt succeeded wasn’t necessarily as outrageous as it might seem. Federal and state legislators see a steady stream of resolutions that have no real legal impact and are offered mostly as public relations measures on behalf of one group or another. Poring over each and every one would take an inordinate amount of a legislator’s time (especially in states like Texas where the legislature might be in session only relatively briefly and infrequently, creating a large number of bills and resolutions to be voted upon in a very short time). If a fellow legislator introduces a resolution to honor some favored person or group, you’re expected to rubber stamp it as a gesture of good will

[quote=“dilip”]I found this on a website:

[/quote]

Wow, that’s very interesting, “dilip”. Say, we haven’t seen you here on Forumosa here before–welcome! I see that with your very first post, you jump in with an important contribution to this debate with Lizi, who so far has been alone, so very very alone, so lonely, defending FLG in this and other threads. (cough cough)

So “dilip”, tell us about yourself! Who are you, what’s your interest in Forumosa and the Taiwan expat community? Are you based in Taiwan or outside? How did you find our board?

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your welcome :slight_smile: … I am not from Taiwan- I am from Kerala, India. I joined the forum as I felt I had a lot to contribute to this discussion…

There is nothing more to Falun Gong than doing the exercises and cultivation of one’s heart-nature ( xinxing) and doing the exercises. There isnt even any need to go to any practice site. I taught myself the exercises using videos on the wesbite and the books and I do the exercises early morning, and study the books. There is not even a practice- group where I live… just pointing out thats all there is to Falun Gong practice.

I also want to point out there isnt even any concept of membership or anything of that sort… People do the exercises together, early morning, in parks… that is all…

All material, including the books (
http://www.falundafa.org/eng/books.htm), Exercise Instruction Videos(http://www.falundafa.org/eng/exercises.htm) and Lectures(http://www.falundafa.org/eng/media.htm) are available for free download…

At practice groups, other practitioners will help you learn the exercises but nobody will accept money - fee, donation, gift or ortherwise…The book Falun Gong (http://www.falundafa.org/book/eng/pdf/flg_en.pdf) states :

[quote]“When propagating Dafa and teaching the exercises, no Falun
Dafa disciple is allowed to collect a fee or accept any gifts. Anyone who
violates this rule is no longer a Falun Dafa disciple.”
[/quote]

Excepted from an article on “Interfaith International” sponsored panel discussion on the “Philosophy of Falun Gong” at the 58th Session of the Commission on Human Rights in Geneva, Switzerland.

[quote]The next speaker was Dr. Alexis Genin, Ph.D. in Neuroscience
from Paris, France. He shared with the audience his views on Falun Gong
from a westerner’s perspective. Dr. Genin talked about his experience
with Falun Gong and how it has greatly improved his life. He said that as a
scientist, he was very sceptical about “spiritual practices,” but after
practising Falun Gong for a month, he found that he could objectively and
scientifically validate the positive effects that it was having on his life.

The final speaker was Dr. Lili Feng, professor of Medicine at Baylor
College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. Dr. Feng presented her current
research findings that show why Falun Gong practitioners experience such
profound health benefits. One of her most striking discoveries was that
the cells of Falun Gong practitioners have a significantly higher life
expectancy. [/quote]

Dilip - you’re new to FLG, aren’t you. There’s a lot you haven’t learned about it yet. Check a few of the other threads/arguments we’ve had on it here and you might be surprised. I used to be the same way.

Hi Tetsuo,
:slight_smile:
I’ve been practicing Falun Gong for over a year now and have read through all the books of Falun Gong… I can only describe the practice as immensely beneficial and wonderful…

I had taught myself Homeopathy and Bach Flower Therapy before I came across Falun Dafa and I have seen some amazing cures with both but the healing benefits of Falun Gong, I can only describe as “miraculous”…

If you have been practicing some form of Qi Gong, you probably would have heard of Master Da Liu, the Master who introduced Tai Chi to North AMerica. Master Da LIu asked all his students to learn Falun Gong when he came across Falun GOng ( that was at the age of 95)…

Again how could a QI Gong practice spread to over 60 countries and have over 100 million practitioners in a span of just a few years? Health benefits of the practice are among the many reasons… See survey falunau.org/healthsurvey.htm

The state sponsored survey says:

“Our results show that Falun Gong’s disease healing rate is 99.1% with a cure rate of 58.5%; Improvement rate is 80.3% in physical health and 96.5% in mental health. The survey indicates that Falun Gong has a significant effect in disease healing and health promotion”"

According to Dr. Lili Feng, Associate Professor at the Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, “Our studies suggest that Falun Gong practice alters immunity, cell death, and protein metabolic rate in a systemic fashion.”

…we really cant dismiss all these data…

To truly understand Falun Gong one must try out the exercises and listen to the lectures… In just a few days you will experience the profound benefits…that way we have no need to listen to other people’s words( including mine)…

… It would be great to make a lot of new friends on the forum… looking forward to hearing from you all… bye for now…

Dilip Rajeev

[quote=“dilip”]

To truly understand Falun Gong one must try out the exercises and listen to the lectures… In just a few days you will experience the profound benefits…that way we have no need to listen to other people’s words( including mine)… [/quote]

Welcom dilip,

Good suggestion, and I think reading is necessary.

[quote=“dilip”]Hi Tetsuo,
:slight_smile:
I’ve been practicing Falun Gong for over a year now and have read through all the books of Falun Gong
Dilip Rajeev[/quote]

Would you please tell the friends here what inspired you to learn Falun Gong? And what the benefits you have got?

Hi Dilip,

According to Master Li Hongzhi, there are heavens for whites, blacks, and yellow people. Could you tell us which heaven Indian people will go to?

[quote=“Sam Vimes”]

there are heavens [/quote]

Those bad persons have no chance to go to heaven no matter what race he is, that is for sure.

Falun Gong practitioners assimilate to the nature of the universe, to be true, good and endure. No matter what race the practitioner is, he will have excellent future, that is for sure also.

[quote=“Lizi1118”][quote=“Sam Vimes”]

Those bad persons have no chance to go to heaven no matter what race he is, that is for sure.

Falun Gong practitioners assimilate to the nature of the universe, to be true, good and endure. No matter what race the practitioner is, he will have excellent future, that is for sure also.[/quote]

What happens to NON practitioners who do NOT believe in any heaven?

Where do they go?

Far as I know, they will decompose and become one with the nature of the universe again. How is this different than “assimilate to the nature of the universe”??

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“Lizi1118”][quote=“Sam Vimes”]

Falun Gong practitioners assimilate to the nature of the universe, to be true, good and endure. No matter what race the practitioner is, he will have excellent future, that is for sure also.[/quote]

What happens to NON practitioners who do NOT believe in any heaven?

Where do they go?
[/quote]

If that one has conscience and has done a lot of good things, if he is really a good person, he has the chance to be accepted.

But I think that is not easy, because he doesnot believe in the heaven existing, and he doesn’t have the wish to go to heaven; the more chances for him is to transmigrate to be a human again, or to be an animal according his karma, those who are really evil have to go to the hell to be punished.

Above is my understanding.

[quote=“jdsmith”]

Far as I know, they will decompose and become one with the nature of the universe again. How is this different than “assimilate to the nature of the universe”??[/quote]

Your “nature” means the material nature, but not the same as the nature of the universe—to be true, good and endure.

Human doesnot only have the material body, but also have spirit or souls.

Here is a website discussing about transmigration
childpastlives.org/

[color=green]Discussion may be continued in [/color]The POLITICS of Falun Gong