FamilyMart vs 7/11

The company would give us a really hard time for not shouting the welcome, believe me I don’t want to do that and I get sick of doing it but it’s corporate policy and they’re very anal about it.

As for those who wants to visit the store I am working at for free food, sorry to disappoint you but I can’t give stuff out without the boss’s permission…

I always go to the little Ma and Pa shop by my place. Very lovely family and they always take good care of me. Free stuff all the time, home cooked food, beer, shoulder massages.

[quote=“rahimiiii”]
As for those who wants to visit the store I am working at for free food, sorry to disappoint you but I can’t give stuff out without the boss’s permission…[/quote]
You lie! Wait, that was the special 7/11 I went to…

I don’t remember how friendly the staff was (I haven’t been in Taiwan for a year) but I do remember FM having a different Doritos selection than 7-11, and sometimes this certain 7-11 didn’t have the Salsa Smoked Chicken doritos so I would have to go to FM and get them.

Besides that I’d say 7-11 wins.

I like how the staff at 7-11 always say “good morning” even when it is in the afternoon or the evening. Silly Taiwanese people :wink:

1 Like

Actually they never say “good morning”

I see the winking smiley in his post…I think he knows what’s going on.

They flavors of Doritos keep changing on a seemingly weekly basis. Yesterday I had “Hip Hop” flavor, and today it was “Tai-Ke Sausage”…

I’m almost afraid to ask, what does “Hip-Hop” taste like?

I was wondering that myself…

Depends on if it’s East Coast or West Coast.

The OK Mart is OK…one thing it really has going for it is that it stocks this 100% grape juice made by Uni-President. It has sweet little grapes in the juice; it’s great. When I first tried the juice I didn’t know that it had grapes and almost gagged when I encountered one. You should definitely try it out!

Supposedly it’s deep-fried cheese sticks… go figure

I usually go to whatever is closest, a.k.a. convenience. But FM has the “High Quality” yogurt which I love.

OK Mart is top for 100 fruit juices
FM for hiphop snacks and Employees With Free Food for Forumosans
7/11 for pants…

Depends on if it’s East Coast or West Coast.[/quote]

:laughing:

Ah yes, I remember that one!

Hi-Life should be on the poll, otherwise my vote is for FM.

i prefer 7-11. better selection, atm, promos. remember the hello kitty promotion from last summer? there was a black market going on for the pirate kitty. it was fun. right now theyve got the ‘30’ stickers promo which is pretty cool. the prices in general are a bit higher, though.

i was asking a taiwanese friend of mine how so many 7-11’s could stay in business and make a profit. apparently, the startup cost for a franchise is $100,000nt and 7-11 takes a lower percentage off the top of net profit. location, location, location, as well.

also, next time youre in 7, look at the 7-11 clock on the wall behind the register. there is a camera in the hole of the “6.”

Usually one is the same as the other, but 7/11 has slurpees in summer. As someone else said, Family Mart has better ice cream… meh… whatever…

It’s my understanding that you can order things online from Japan and have them sent to your desired 7-ll where you will not only pick them up but also pay for them.