Fantasy Football League

Just checking if there are NFL fans or NFL fantasy football players here.

Who are your must-haves RB, QB, WR, etc.

Sleepers?

Rookies?

To avoid?

and why?

just thought i’d compare notes.
personally, i’d like to get Williams or Tomlinson as RB. Strong, they have few if any injuries, on teams that is run-friendly. K.Barlow, Fred Taylor (if he can stay uninjured), Deuce?
QB: Manning or Favre. good, consistent solid numbers every year. GB home field scores are unparalleled. Hasselback could also have a breakout year. McNabb would be a solid pick too. Gannon I like very smart QB, but he’s getting old. he might still have 1 or 2 good years.
WR: i’m terrible at picking WR. if possible Owens or Harrison of course. David Boston should have better numbers than last. still waiting for K.Robinson to do something. J.Morton, small guy, but I like his work ethic. if he gets enough passes, he could post good numbers (he rarely drops balls), but question is how many throws will come his way. Still waiting for Martay Jenkins to explode. used to think Keyshawn could do more. maybe he will surprise me. Hoping to pick up Ferguson as a upside bet.
TE: if i can’t get TGonzalez, i’d go for becht (he has consistency), maybe E.Johnson, but 49ers and Owens? he won’t get enough looks. I have also gotten good solid numbers from Pollard in the past. with the Colts offense and the WR threat, he makes a good choice. Shockey is on the up and up.
K: Elam (Denver should give him plenty of chances to kick), or Automatica, or Longwell.

What happened to all the beer drinking, gun-toting hardcore Americans? If you don’t watch NFL (or MLB), then how do you call yourself American? :wink:

It has been a long time since I’ve really followed the NFL, but my interest increased a little recentlky when my long-suffering team, the Bucs, finally won not only big games, but The Big Game. So, the fantasy picks are in for the pool with the buds back in Korea/Japan/Canada, and they are …

WR: Rice all the way … although he’s so old, rumor has it he voted for FDR … twice!! Still, he gets the job done. I’m also a big fan of Tim Brown.
K: Could care less … is Norwood still playing?
QB: Johnson, of course, although I am kind of partial to Tommy Maddox, or Slash if he gets his game together. Vick is always a good choice too, though that injury will lower the numbers a bit this year.
TE: I read about a guy in Dallas who seems to be turning heads, but can’t for the life of me think of the guy’s name … in the meantime, Mili in Seattle just because Hasselbeck will be unloading the ball for short distances more often this year.
RB: Eddie George or the Bus would be good picks, but only if George isn’t inhured and Bettis gets some blocking. Otherwise, go for Williams.

As for teams with a chance to win it all, no chance or a potential sleeper team, my picks are Tampa/Miami/Green Bay, Chicago/Detroit/New Orleans, and Seattle, respectively.  In fact, Seattle may even make it to the NFC Championship game given their weak schedule and if other teams beat up on each other.  Rookie of the year candidate?  Try anyone from the Hurricane program.  Players to stay away from ... Gannon and Plummer and Pennington, 'cause those three are going to have tough years statistically as Oakland gets older, Denver still can't win without Elway and the Jets ... well, they need Broadway Joe or Johnny U back at the helm to win the big games.  I'm also leery of Manning, simply because I think he'll be more conservative this year so as to save himself for the playoffs where he'll look to redeem himself and lead the Colts to the AFC Championship game (where they'll lose to the Titans).  Super Bowl pick?  It's early, but my guess is a Titans/Bucs or Packers battle, with the NFC coming out on top ... GO BUCS!!!

Our Kaohsiung league has our draft next Saturday. The draft has beome one of the “must see” things to see in Kaohsiung. I’m drafting 6th…which isn’t bad.

A lot of what your plans are depends on the scoring. How does your league score?

Scoring is standard yahoo stuff.

RB being the key (20yds for every point)
QB: 1 pt per 25 or 30 yrds passing
6 pt TDs pass or rush
no DEF teams, but DL and DE (-ve pts for sack, interceptions)

K
3WR
2RB
1TE
1QB
1DL
1DE

About the same scoring as us. Is it a serpentine draft?

The first round will be all RB’s…and probably the second round also.

It might be best to assign a round value to:

F. Taylor
E. Smith
O. Smith (rookie RB with Minn)
S. Mack

These guys should’t be starting, but they will be nice reserves…watch those bye weeks.

I have always been a Culpepper fan, fantasy wise. R. Gannon is a stud.

Gannon and Rice brought me wonderful totals every week last season. Don’t take with out the other.

Chou

Yes, a serpentine live online draft. my buddies back home do a live auction (i was excluded since I am here).

i dunno about taylor. he is injury prone. i think he could break out if he doesn’t get hurt.

E.Smith. great player, but man he’s on his last legs, and Cardinals? Where’s the offense to help him?

who are your sleeper rookies?

Of course, don’t take Taylor early. But if I am staring at him in the 3rd, and if he is healthy at the time of our draft, I might gamble. If I gamble and win, I win big…always swing for the fences.

E. Smith might be a decent fantasy back. The Cards’ o-line is excellent and Arizona is looking at putting fans in the seats. He will get carries. A good back-up gets you around 20 carries, 80-100 yards, and a TD.

Someone mentioned Bettis. He’s no longer starting RB. grab Amos.

LT has a bruised heel. and Boston too. the Chargers look hard up.

Which teams have a easy schedule this year?

KM,

I really haven’t checked out schedules yet…should do it this week. I think anybody who plays Arizona twice a year is going to be okay.

Alexander (RB, Sea) might have some good games against the Cards and 49ners.

I think a lot of people are looking at Amos. If you have him, just hope that he does well against Baltimore (week 1) so that he can bury Bettis on the bench.

[quote=“Kenny McCormick”]
What happened to all the beer drinking, gun-toting hardcore Americans? If you don’t watch NFL (or MLB), then how do you call yourself American? :wink:[/quote]Here! Whithout the gun.

Kenny, where can we watch NFL in Taipei? Why does no sports bar in town show NFL (or MLB or NHL or NBA)? Or am I missing something?

Not to offend our Euro-friends or our Aussie/Kiwi friends, but wtf is all this ‘57-nations rugy/cricket/Australian-rules-whatever-the-f&ck’?!?!?!

Isn’t there a large enough group of North Americans to support a bar showing sports North Americans actually like?

Please let me know.

[quote=“WarMonkey”][quote=“Kenny McCormick”]
What happened to all the beer drinking, gun-toting hardcore Americans? If you don’t watch NFL (or MLB), then how do you call yourself American? :wink:[/quote]Here! Whithout the gun.

Kenny, where can we watch NFL in Taipei? Why does no sports bar in town show NFL (or MLB or NHL or NBA)? Or am I missing something?

Not to offend our Euro-friends or our Aussie/Kiwi friends, but wtf is all this ‘57-nations rugy/cricket/Australian-rules-whatever-the-f&ck’?!?!?!

Isn’t there a large enough group of North Americans to support a bar showing sports North Americans actually like?

Please let me know.[/quote]

beats me… besides brass monkey… which place has “sports bar type” atmosphere. Can someone here tell Citizen Cain to get a cable TV. i would go a lot more and get that doughy-in-the-center, not so cooked pizza (but otherwise good)

got to keep this thread alive!

aint there no football fans?

BF? you southern, armed forces vet, listening to Skynyrd (?), don’t you root for the Falcons, and the Dolphins and the Titans…

I stopped watching pro ball when Bart Starr quit quarterbacking the Packers.

I stopped watching pro ball when Bart Starr quit quarterbacking the Packers.[/quote]

Green Bay Fan? who woulda thunk. cheesehead.

is that where your other kid’s name comes from (and not ahem Ken Starr)?

[surreptitiously keeping thread alive]

in other news:

Downgrades:
Boston
LT
Upgrade:
Ferguson

Who to start in FFL this week?

Drew Brees or Brad Johnson.
Charlie Rogers or David Boston.

I leave this to the collective mind. But please hurry, I have until Sunday/Monday morning around 2am to make the changes, but I’d like to be in be bed my midnight.

Chou

:?: :? :?:

thanks, that helps alot. :frowning:

[quote=“chodofu”]Who to start in FFL this week?

Drew Brees or Brad Johnson.
Charlie Rogers or David Boston.

I leave this to the collective mind. But please hurry, I have until Sunday/Monday morning around 2am to make the changes, but I’d like to be in be bed my midnight.

Chou[/quote]

Whew, some ugly choices you have here :stuck_out_tongue:

I would go for B. Johnson at QB. The Chargers are a mess right now and that Tampa/Indy game might see more points on the board.

Is Boston suspended this week?

Good luck

[quote=“Durins Bane”]
Whew, some ugly choices you have here :stuck_out_tongue:

I would go for B. Johnson at QB. The Chargers are a mess right now and that Tampa/Indy game might see more points on the board.

Is Boston suspended this week?

Good luck[/quote]

They are all poised for a good game. Johnson is up against a very tough defense. Could limit the long ball. Boston apologized and will play, there is a bit of anxious love floating around San Diego right now. The Jags are looking weak against the pass. This could be Brees’ big game in the air, Rogers is a great rookie, but Harrington is throwing :frowning: I don’t know…just want be 5 and 0 come Tuesday Morning, and smug when next I encounter the Bone Collectors. More advice please.

Chou