Farewell, Dragonbones! šŸ’”

I donā€™t know whether all the blood donation places in Taiwan have that rule, and who knows?ā€“maybe I misunderstood somehow. Also, Iā€™m considerably over 65. Maybe someone with better knowledge about these kinds of things than I (there should be quite a few of those folks) will come along and clarify/add more certainty.

Oh, I just noticed this, from the other thread:

Edited to add:

(boldface added by me)

Thanks to @tando! :+1:

5 Likes

Does improving mean he may be able to leave the hospital at some point? Or is this just a quality of life thing at the end.

2 Likes

I think itā€™s best not to speculate.

9 Likes

Curiousā€¦ how is he now? any news?

1 Like

I canā€™t edit my post here, sorry about that.

Just saw this - This is so sad. I remember Dragonbones always providing helpful advice especially when I was first adjusting to life here many years ago.

3 Likes

Wife is A+ so getting her to donate. Assuming this is still needed, but good thing either wayā€¦

5 Likes

That sounds like an awesome situation for everyone!

Guy

5 Likes

Uhm, to all you AĀ± blood people :drop_of_blood:

I got a like from Dragonboneā€™s account just now. :flushed:

IDK who did it, but I will go with a Schrƶdingerā€™s cat assessment.

If you can give blood, please be a deer and do so. :pray:

8 Likes

I want to thank Maoman for letting everyone know. I was down and out with pneumonic shock and a very hard to cure T-call lymphoma. I was not responding and given my infirmity the assumption here (imagine how hard that is) for my wife and boys was that I had already failed to pull through), but not only did I stubbornly pull through, I actually heard and remembered things she said to me while the doctors thought I was dying, like "pull through for me, come back for ME, and "thereā€™s gonna be more of your favorite French chocolate (Cliuizel 72%) than you can eat! She later told me but I already knewā€¦
Iā€™m also grateful for all the kind words here and the offers of help. Yes, Iā€™m still in need of Hb and PLT factor (A-) infusions regularly, no they canā€™t target me but whatever y0ur blood type, pls give regularly if allowedā€¦others are in need too,ā€¦ Obviously I cannot ever pay it back, you wouldnt want blood cancer!

76 Likes

Very inspiring! Hereā€™s to your speedy recovery. :chocolate_bar: :chocolate_bar: :chocolate_bar:

21 Likes

I donā€™t know anything about chocolate, Kent, but I promise I wonā€™t vote for Trump no more!

3 Likes

Am still in ICU, still fighting ā€¦ I have to make it for Anita and our boys!

41 Likes

Holy smokes! This is the best post of the year. Awesome to see you back here @Dragonbones !!!

Guy

9 Likes

Bloody hellfire Dragonbones, glad youā€™re still with us. I told you not to go gently into that good night. Good thing you listened to my advice :wink:

Donā€™t let that bastard in the black cloak grind you down.

6 Likes

This made me cry, made keep fighting!

6 Likes

IMG_8435

Best news in a while! Keep :boxing_glove:!!!

8 Likes

Weā€™ll, if and when Iā€™m released we still have a PTCL-NOS battle but statistics are just that, average numbers. At my NTUHCC medical scientiests (genetic geniuss ) have invented monoclonal antibodies to cure one kind of previously incurable cancer. Kudos!!! Weā€™re hoing for something like that, as my body is currently covered in lymphomatic tumors

36 Likes

Wishing you the very best.

5 Likes

Happy to hear that youā€™re back on time to have chocolate :slight_smile:

I hope you find donors. Iā€™m still not allowed to donate blood myself, otherwise Iā€™d probably do it every once in a while.

You never know!

3 Likes