Farewell, Dragonbones! ๐Ÿ’”

Dragonbones, much beloved former moderator and Forumosan has been battling the big C for the last couple of years. Sadly, that battle is coming to an end, as he was removed from life support this morning. If he has not passed already, it is surely imminent.

Dragonbones was known online for his helpfulness and resourcefulness, especially in the kitchen. He met his wife, the love of his life, on Forumosa Friends, a dating service we had back then and introduced her to the Forumosa community on a 2005 weekend camping trip. He was a huge supporter of Forumosa and attended every brunch, happy hour, and curry night we put on. He leaves behind two young sons and of course his amazing wife โ€œDragonbabeโ€, who also became part of the Forumosan community.

If anyone is interested in attending a memorial service/funeral, DM me and Iโ€™ll let you know when I do.

53 Likes

Sorry to hear this. :cry: My condolences to his wife and young sons.

8 Likes

My condolonces to his family and friends! :cry:

4 Likes

Wow. Havenโ€™t seen him here on FM for a few years now and wondered what had happened. He always came across as a super decent chap; so sorry to hear his young family are losing him like this. Do not go gentle into that good night, DB.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear this. I remember his posts from when i just joined in 2006.

3 Likes

Terrible news. Condolences to his wife and kids.

4 Likes

Say hi to @shiadoa for us. :heart: Go easy.

16 Likes

Will the kids and wife be ok financially? Happy to donate if they are setting up any type of account.

4 Likes

Thanks, Chewy. If there is, Iโ€™ll let you know. :pray::pray:

:sob:

Oh Kent. Lost for words, crying a little. Go well.

5 Likes

One of the good ones. I said my goodbyes a few weeks back and he was, as always, positive. My heart goes out to Dragonbabe and the boys.

I am speechless.

5 Likes

That is sad to hear. I was looking forward to playing some guitar with him when I moved back to Taiwan in November. Condolences to the family.

4 Likes

This is very sad to hear. He was always so nice. My sympathies to the family for such a loss.

4 Likes

Condolences.
Sad days for the family in their time of grief.
Death, the final frontier.

2 Likes

Have not seen him on forumosa for so long
He always came across as a good man

God bless his family and rest his soul

2 Likes

I never met him in person, but always found his contributions here to be knowledgeable, grounded, and sincere. He was one of the best.

Guy

5 Likes

For some reason the username didnโ€™t ring a bell for me but his profile icon made me remember.

RIP

2 Likes

Iโ€™m going to miss his contributions on here as well. I joined around 2005 (in another lifetime on the flob) and as others already said, his contributions on the site were always helpful. I always wondered where he went, figured he went home like many others before.

I am quite sad to hear of this, even though I never met him in person.

5 Likes

Truly sad. Be well friend.

2 Likes

RIP @Dragonbones! You have been missed.

3 Likes