Farewell, Dragonbones! šŸ’”

Iā€™m in Banqiao.

1 Like

You can donate blood here or here in Banqiao.

3 Likes

Iā€™m A+ and I just donated least week.
Unfortunately, I think I need to wait a few weeks before doing it againā€¦

6 Likes

usually, each regional center provides blood to each region. except for some emargency like a huge accident, usually they dont send blood to other regions, iiuc. in general it is good to donate at anywhere, but for this specific purpose, i guess people in a specific region are wanted to donate blood.

2 Likes

@tando, what do you think the chances would be that blood which would be donated here in Banqiao today would go to @Dragonbones, the man who is in the hospital now? Do you think itā€™s likely that @Dragonbones would get that blood?

Iā€™m not angry, Iā€™m just asking a question.

2 Likes

no idea. if he is in the taipei region, it will surely help indirectly, but donā€™t know the possibility that your blood would directly go to him.

1 Like

Can us Brits give blood or are we still banned because of CJD?

Still banned, same or more than Europeans.

1 Like

I just got back from a nearby one; the lady there said Iā€™m too old.

5 Likes

What?

I donā€™t speak Chinese, so I wrote up some biographical/medical info about me, and I ran it through Google Translate, and I also pasted an image of a pertinent post in this thread (along with the URL, but with the username blacked out) in order to show why I had come there, and I printed that stuff out and went to a nearby blood donation place, and a lady there looked at the info, and she said, ā€œYÄ«, jiĒ”, wĒ”, sān,ā€ and then she went to talk to someone, and then she came back with her phone out and caused its screen say, ā€œExceed,ā€ and ā€œ65,ā€ and maybe some other word(s) (not sure/donā€™t remember), and she showed the screen to me, and I asked her if I was too old, and she responded in the affirmative.

1 Like

Youā€™re not too old for us, man. :+1:

14 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Youā€™re a good man, Charlie Jack. Itā€™s too bad this didnā€™t work out.

Hopefully others can step up to help, pronto.

Guy

4 Likes

Iā€™ll take some of your blood, CJ!

2 Likes

Thanks, @afterspivak! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, itā€™s old blood, but itā€™s stood me in good stead so far, so I think Iā€™ll keep it for the time being.

Thanks for the offer, though! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I have just been made aware that Kentā€™s condition is ā€œimproving.ā€

So you A blood folksā€” you know what to do tomorrow! If you can. :pray:

11 Likes

I was a donor at the home country and a donor in Taiwan until they told me no more, youā€™re European and you could have ā€˜mad cowsā€™. So, now soon I might be too old?

1 Like

Iā€™m thought it was only if youā€™re from the UK or lived in the UK from specific years.

They give me a hard time when I donate blood in the UK too. So I donā€™t think itā€™s a Taiwan thing to be suspicious of foreigners donating blood. They had to take extra blood from me to test for dengue fever if I was in Taiwan a few months before and for West Nile virus if I was in Italy.

3 Likes