Father of illegitimate child born overseas refuses to acknowledge paternity -- options?

I had been in relationship with baby father on October 2016. Every month visited him and in later i decided to studied Chinese Mandarin at NTNU. Since Jan 1017, i was lived with him . During in relationship with him his family also knew . Our status kindly serious and planed for marriage . But we often quarrel and after Feb 2018 we has argument and I decided back my country.
Anyway, he reconcile to me and i made considered try to keep our relationship go on . finally, we failed and broke up on April 2018. That time he chase me
back to Bangkok. After i return to my country, I don’t know i was pregnant until my period missing . And bough pregnancy test which shown i had baby.
My son was born in Bangkok and now 1 years 3 months. His father signs the birth certificate of a child born. But he never responsibility support money for child and spoke with another baby wasn’t his child. But he came to see and took me and baby went to Taiwan in CNY 2018. I honesty can confirm baby is his son. However, he said with another right that because he didn’t want anyone blame in he never took care while i was pregnant and did bad to me.
This is really complicate and j want my son deserve to get in he should . Moreover, in baby’s father accuse me to other persons which made misunderstood and hurt my mind . This is i want yo protect the right way for my baby and require to give child support. What i should begin for presumption created by law to conduct a DNA testing which provide proof of the possibility of paternity. Moreover, in scandal which happened from him will appear by the truth. Even i broke up with him but it really hard to said in situation that pressure me. I want suggest to process by law to conduct his responsibility for child…

I don’t have any answers for you, but I want to say that I feel terrible for you in this situation.

Are you looking for help in securing financial support from the father?

Are you looking for help in securing rights for your child as a Taiwanese citizen or under Taiwanese law?

Whether one or both, I wish you the best of luck as you try and create the best life possible for your son.

3 Likes

Actually, I decided to take care my son by myself.
But in i was in hard situation which i make decision again to do something for my son.
And this is unfair for my baby. Cause the conflict between father abs mother must not effect to child.
And i want baby father realized in he did with us.
By the way, i had his personal document and household registration but i want to know what is the first step to make appeal or sue him.

1 Like

Are you looking for help in securing financial support from the father?

Are you looking for help in securing rights for your child as a Taiwanese citizen or under Taiwanese law?

if this is the case, the following thread might provide some info.

3 Likes

Get all identity documents done first for your son then consult all relevant Taiwanese government departments on financial support/compensation/reparation etc.

Actually, as you said both of which i supposed to do for my child. And i hope my child deserve on his right which should get. And thank you for sympathy with us . At lease, i hope will find the best way on this too.

Are you still in TW? If so, do you have a safe place to be from the father in case this doesn’t work out?

I am concerned that he may try to take the child from you.

Be safe

Thanks very much for your kindness.
According , to story as above which I mention My baby and me are staying in Bangkok.
In recently, Baby father visited in Bangkok and I try negotiation with him but finally we can’t get conclusion and I all the time i knew he has another girls but i try understand cause in last we broke up but he never regret or think of child . That why i need do something. No matter what he should give respect on me but he didn’t . I really want show his message which talked to me. Cause he wasn’t realized in he did… What kind of father who never put child come first he only think about himself .

1 Like

Do you have anything that can prove he is your baby’s father? Such as something to prove you and he lived together when you got pregnant, or a letter or text from him saying the baby is his?

如有強制認領之原因(即嫎受胎期間生父與生母有同居之事實,娋由生父所作成之文書可證明其為生父者,䊼生母為生父強姦或略誘成姦者,𤒈生母因生父濫用權勢成姦者),得請求生父強制認領(民法第一○六七條)。

It seems Taiwanese court cannot force him to do DNA test when he refuses, but could determine he is baby’s father without DNA test, if there is enough other proof. Though, in your case, you are a foreigner, so there may be extra hoops you should jump through.

1 Like

your son should be acknowledged as the father’s child, to make him conduct his responsibility for child by law.
The first step may be to collect as much of proof on your relationship with the father, then to look for anyone who could help the process in Taiwan, such as a lawmaker in his place or some group working on this kind of situations, or if money is not a problem, a good lawyer.

this could be a good part of proof.

Is your baby a boy? If he is then it might be worth contacting your ex boyfriend’s parents.