• Hong ye
  • Hong ya
  • QBurger
  • My warm day
  • Dante
  • Mr. Brown
  • Other local option

0 voters

I eat JSP often and really like the food for the most part. The others have been mediocre at best. Occasionally I’ll stumble across a pretty decent and unique danbing place or charcoal sandwich shop like one I really loved in Taoyuan but I can’t find it on Google maps anymore

1 Like

Laya Burger, but only for their danbing. Their burgers suck.

3 Likes

“It’s my Laya burger.” The fuck does that mean? Chinglish nearly as bad as “Let’s Cafe.”

Perhaps Q Burger, of the ones I regularly go to? I’ve never noticed a JSP; I’m not sure what Hong ya or Hong ye are. I go to MWD the most, since there’s a branch beside my nearest PXMart, and another right next to my office - but even those two branches vary in quality (one is good for hash browns; at the other, they’re stuck to the little paper packets and disintegrate rather than slide out).

MWD, the last two times, two different locations, had a very negative and immediate effect on my usually strong stomach. Coupled with the mediocre food, now I avoid.

I liked that they had an English menu, because I can’t read Chinese. Lack of English menus generally in addition to the low quality of average food here means I rarely try new restaurants

Have never tried any of the others, so my answer would be I’d rather have McDonald’s breakfast

1 Like

Shit I forgot laya burger

1 Like

There’s a place a stone’s throw away from my home that makes a delicious chicken burger as big as your head for NT$55. Philippine lao ban speaks excellent English. I doubt it’s a chain, though.

1 Like

I noticed that most of the locally owned breakfast shops are actually awful. Worst than the chains

In the cities, right? I think the rents are leading to cost squeeze.

In the countryside, it’s a different story, with the danbing actually tasting like real danbing.

As to the chains you’re dealing with industrial foods, prepared in a factory somewhere far far away. I’m tired of this stuff and now try to avoid it.

Guy

2 Likes

I go to one that makes a cheese and hashbrown danbing. It’s always great. They don’t have English menu but the first few times I went with a colleague and always have the same thing, so now when they see me they know. Its is close to home, so i don’t experiment for breakfast restaurants

But I’m more likely to cook or skip breakfast

3 Likes

Me too. I only get a takeaway on weekends.

They’re the same. Hong Ya used to be my jam. But the one I liked closed.

1 Like

On that case, can’t @DogmaticStoic replace one of those with Laya?

I usually go to these places for lunch, not breakfast. And it’s junk food: I try to limit it to once a week, although sometimes laziness prevails. Or when forced to choose between a breakfast chain and an unknown Taiwanese restaurant with, as you say, mild ordering hassles.

3 Likes

It says you can’t change it after 5 minutes

1 Like

永和豆漿大王 or in a pinch any soy bean milk or baozi shop. Usually can’t go wrong.

5 Likes

I don’t have a favourite one, but I always call “Morning Glory” to MWD. To me, the M had to be for “morning”, then I didn’t know what W and D meant, so: morning glory.

And yeah, I know the slang meaning.

2 Likes

Mei and Mei.

1 Like

JSP. Decent menu, prices, decoration and not overly busy.
Laya is decent, but I feel its gone down hill in recent years, their menu is odd.
Q burger is good but in my area its always offensively busy. no seats and 30 minutes for a dan bing. No.

The smaller places are better imo. The ones with less customers that haven’t been cleaned or changed the decoration in 30 yrs.

3 Likes

Non.

1 Like