Favorite breakfast chain in Taiwan

That sound interesting, what part of KTown is it in?

My favorite chain is Qburger, but I really like salty soybean milk with an egg filled SaoBing. English muffin with peanut butter at home often.

“Local option” is the only correct option here. The chains all suck.

3 Likes

North Zuoying

I wish I could digest more than an egg shaobing, in like, a day.

Now in that district you’d think there would be descendents of mainlanders who actually know how to make the real deal. There must be real danbing, shaobing, and the like around there somewhere.

Guy

Used to frequent local shops for many years and … they seemed decently healthy, except I guess the oil they used was bad? Not sure what they use. Other than that you can choose your own ingredients pretty much.

I prefer one local shop nearby my place that does taro corn danbing. But when I have to go to the chains, I often go for the veggie sandwhich at MWD. I also like that MWD has really big mugs for soymilk or coffee.

1 Like

Very much my experience. Once a week I get dangbings to go from the lovely ladies at 巨林美而美 in Taipei. No English menu. They know exactly how I want them cooked (just pepper and NO sweet syrup) and just wave OK with a smile when I approach. Cooked right every time and though the price has tripled over the easy dozen+ years I’ve been going there it’s still a cheap breakfast and good. Always a nice morning stop.

Me too. Usually it’s just coffee.

2 Likes

What is it with you people and coffee? Vile muck. I guess we have you to blame for telling the Taiwanese it’s a thing. Now I have to wait around at convenience stores to buy my beer while everyone orders that filthy tar.

The unprocessed beans apparently made goats jump around after eating them.

With beans like that, what could possible go wrong? :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

My local breakfast shop does something similar which is also pretty good. They call it su-ta (like… potato tart?). It’s one of those large hash brown things (su-bing) cut in half longitudinally with the two pieces stacked on top of each other. Then there’s a slice of cheese put on top, also cut in half and stacked, and the whole thing is wrapped in a thin pancake made entirely of egg. Tomato sauce and mustard on top… goes down well with their sweet instant coffee! :blush:

1 Like

most of those are coffee shops and restaurants. None of the breakfast shops I know are on the list hehe.

I eat at Louisa more, never got sick there. but never been for breakfast. is their menu at night different than the morning? Might try if they have some good egg skills :slight_smile:

Louisa? “Egg skills”? :thinking:

Guy

I dunno, it was said to be a breakfast shop…triggered my curiosity.

Louisa, for all its virtues, serves middling industrial food (although I am partial to some of their sweets).

I don’t think “egg skills” are part of their skill set. :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

Guess I wont be sticking my head into Louisa in the morning then. I like them for an easy bagel sandwich at night when I don’t have time to sit down for a proper meal. I probably dont want to know about the quality.

Pretty sure danbing is a Taiwanese invention. Only saw Cong you bing in shanghai. (the cong zhuo bings over there were copied from taiwan)
Everything else, shao bing, fan tuan etc were the same as far as I could see.

The biggest difference was dumplings.

So the poll shows My Warm Day or another local option is the best breakfast chain in Taiwan. I quite agree!

I expected the local option to be top. But not my warm day

1 Like