Favorite breakfast chain in Taiwan

I see the poll has shifted, now “other local option” is #1.

I voted, because I couldn’t stand to see a bunch of English speaking people vote for a shop named “My Warm Day”.

2 Likes

I’m for local option too. My favourite breakfast place in Taichung (yuchi toast) opened up a second place but they decided to only sell their least popular options there, what a shame it’s empty while their original place has 20-30minute queues most of the time. How can management be so stupid… Likely better margins I guess but won’t help if no-one comes for those foods…

包手包餃 is a small chain I quite like. Buffet mainly but decent quality and saves time…

The food chain I would really miss outside Taichung is datie… Their coconut dohua is ace… But yeah off topic regarding breakfast.

My Warm Day is the only one I go to semi-regularly (once every fortnight).

1 Like

Just don’t complain to the manager if something is wrong. My Warm Day staff are trained to call the police if a customer complains.

Are you sure? Are My Warm Day a franchise? I saw a My Warm Day converted to local breakfast restaurant yesterday.

My friend complained politely about bad service at another My Warm Day and the girl with bad attitude was told off by her colleague and on subsequent visits we were treated like royalty (well you know what I mean).

Yes. I found out this when I sued them.

Maybe your lawsuit changed their policy?

I hope! It certainly got back to the office since the office provided the lawyer for the franchise owner. I wouldn’t want anyone else to experience what I experienced.

But I have no way to find out. They certainly haven’t reached out to say how they’ve improved.

So I guess I’ll spend the rest of my life avoiding them.

What happened to you? Is there a thread?

I’ve mentioned it a few times. In a nutshell:

I go in like I usually do for lunch. Ready to pay cause I already know what I want. Restaurant’s full. Usually I order and by the time food is done, table opens up. Boss wants to cater to a group of six reading the menu outside. They want to wait till they are done getting them a table and processing their order before processing me. I explain, politely, but visibly annoyed, to the franchise owner that this isn’t fair as I am one person and can take one of the smaller tables and that I have been ready to order way before this group of six. Owner goes and calmly calls the police. We go outside, back and forth, owner refuses requests to cancel the cops. I say I wanna go somewhere else to eat cause I have limited time for lunch, he says go, of course it’s a trap so he can badmouth me to the cops.

More back and forth, he calls me an asshole as the cops show up. I was clearly recording the entire thing and was not secretive about it. I give my info to the cops and briefly explain my side. Cops let me go, they go inside to view the security camera footage.

I walk back to the office without food. On the way back I call MWD headquarters and absolutely lost it on them full volume.

Then over the next few days I found the lawyer that I now regularly post onto the forums. I figure if I have to go through that, I won’t want any other foreigner to be stuck in a situation unarmed. No. I don’t think Taiwan is a Chinese supremacist dystopia, but people get in trouble here and at home and without knowledge and defence, you will find yourself in a disadvantageous situation. I want people to know that knowledge is power.

We settled out of court. I won $25000.

I won’t go back to My Warm Day again.

I forgot to mention, that as he was calling the police, a two-seater table opened up.

10 Likes

i like the chain 早安美芝城 the most, even though it is nothing special but i found their quality to be the most consistent throughout their branches.
i really like the louisa wrapanini but almost every time their meat patty has a bone or whatever inside which is very disgusting.

mostly preparing breakfast myself at home though. overnight oats ftw

That is really shitty. I am very sorry you had to go through that. Thanks for sharing.

I never eat at these breakfast chains unless I’ve ran out of options. Not that anyone of them is particularly bad, I don’t buy breakfast at MacDonalds if I have a choice either. They are decent, but there are many non-chain options that are above decent, like the many A-pôs selling danping in traditional markets.

1 Like

This is a problem with many restaurants. They operate very inefficiently with FIFO, that is, first in, first out. They don’t take into consideration the type of demand. This particular place was one of the smallest I’ve ever seen and it was consistently full. Just absolute shitty decisions all around. Because of this FIFO style, if you’re behind a group, you will wait half an hour so that the six can be served instead of making the six wait an extra few minutes that they’d probably not notice to get to you. It’s about being efficient. The group is seen as the moneymaker so… they will try to get them instead of you.

Well that escalated quickly.

1 Like

Yep. One question I get is why didn’t you leave, because it happened so fast. All I did was explain that I felt I was being treated unfairly and then explained that I could be co-operative and try not to get in the way of the group of six and not take tables they could use. He didn’t give me a chance to leave and move on.

1 Like

All that stuff is unhealthy crap, and doesn’t taste very good either. I just skip breakfast. Saves time, money and…apparently…a lawsuit too. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well. I went at lunchtime.

Sheeeeiiiit. Does this mean I have to start skipping lunch too?

1 Like