Favorite breakfast chain in Taiwan

Yep. I don’t have breakfast too. I wake up and am out the door in 20 minutes on the bus/train.

Breakfast of champions. :+1:

1 Like

That “most important meal of the day” bollocks is advertising nonsense.

2 Likes

I felt a little betrayed when I learned the truth. Not eating breakfast is probably healthier than eating it in most cases.

When I was a kid, breakfast consisted of a piece of white bread toast with margarine and fish paste, marmite, or jam, accompanied by a cup of tea.
Not exactly the healthiest way to start the day.
People in the '60s and '70s weren’t too clued up on nutrition.

Pretty much the same until I was about 10.

Then it was just a coffee. Milk and two sugars.

My kid isn’t even allowed to eat chocolate of past dinner time. Weak sauce.

That could scar a man for life…

Once or twice a month we’d get scrambled eggs or tinned sardines for our white bread toast with margarine. We considered ourselves pretty lucky for a working-class family.

I love breakfast. The problem is all those people that get in the way trying to buy lunch.

1 Like

Let me take a wild guess. You’re American?

When I was a wee lad we ate saw dust porridge and termites. Twice a month me pappy bought fish bones for stock

2 Likes

The cornerstones of a nutritional breakfast.

I remember feeling bad having to eat healthy hippy shit for breakfast when my friends all got to have sugary cereals, but this makes me feel a little better. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I like it too, there’s one near my house which has hardly any customers - not because its crap, because there’s a million breakfast joints within the same area. The staff are lovely old people who even ask extra stuff like do you want onions in your dan bing and the interior hasn’t been updated in an age.

I can’t tell the difference between their menu and Q burgers but the Q burger 1 min up the road is always ram jammed with customers and decently more expensive.

1 Like

Nope.

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: Taiwanese Business Practises - Wack and Otherwise

Ironically, probably about the same as what they serve now at eateries. processed filler, some bug contamination and fish meal for “protein”. Sounds about right for a 2022 cheap breakfast. Ya just missed out on the sugar.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Taiwanese Business Practises - Wack and Otherwise

Breakfast is great, it’s dinner that’s overrated.

2 Likes

No McDonald’s? No Mos Burger? No “Breakfast City/Town” (美之城)? Doesn’t KFC serve breakfast too? And what about the thousand 美而美 or variations thereof?

Starbucks has the best coffee, with McDonald’s at #2.

In terms of food I’d probably go with My Warm Day. Best hash browns, and their chicken panini is pretty good.

IMO Dante is definitely the worst. Nice place to sit, but those breakfast sandwiches aren’t going to satisfy anyone and their coffee just doesn’t hold up now. Back in the day they were the best, but that day was before Starbucks and before McDonald’s upgraded their coffee.