Favorite places in Taipei or nearby to just relax by yourself (no cafes or bars)

Just curious. It could be any place like some park or near riverside just to be alone with your thoughts. If its a stupid question to ask then apologies

3 Likes

Taipei Proper or Greater Taipei?

I have always found taking the Maokong gondola to Zhi Nan temple very relaxing and quiet. if you go mid week you get the gondola to yourself, the temple is quiet and has nice views of Taipei.
If you prefer a walk in nature, Google Bixi trail, it is a quiet, shaded and easily accessible.

5 Likes

Could be anywhere reacheable by public transport . but not like in middle of a mountain by car

That temple is great. One of my favourite accidental finds. Awesome sunset view of city

1 Like

The Bixi Trail has busses that can take you close, but not often. the best way is to get to the national palace museum, take a taxi up the mountain (its a short ride) and then walk back down to where the busses are.

1 Like

Manyueyuan

Baiji

Shimen Dong

Jinshan Mysterious Coast

Badouzih

The New Taipei Metro Park

台灣四極點-極北點 Northernmost point on the Taiwanese Mainland.

2 Likes

Too far.

Not really quite unless you walk passed the temple up into the mountains

That’s fine, but it’s for @amitkattal to decide. It’s in Greater Taipei. It’s accessible by transport.

And it’s quiet.

This doesn’t exist in Taipei.

2 Likes

That’s why the post. Formosans who are living here for years might know some secrets

Thanks. I know most quit places aren’t so nearby. I don’t mind too far if public transport is feasible .

Yea. That is how Taipei is setup. The quiet places are out of the city centres.

I have one suggestion but it does involve a cafe. But I think you’d really like it.

1 Like

The roof of my office’s building. Excellent views of Keelung river and Taipei 101

Even better, go up the trail behind Zhinan Temple station. A 10-minute hike will take you to a lookout with a panoramic view of the city. The few times I’ve been up there were devoid of people, except for the passengers in the gondola looking down at you.

1 Like

Recruiting happening ?

1 Like

獅頭山 in Xindian! Especially on rain-ish days. It’s mostly empty, quiet, and the clouds in between the mountains make me think of Tolkien’s Misty Mountains.

7 Likes

Sometimes its nice to sit on the observation deck at songshan airport and watch the airplanes. The entrance is near the post office toward the domestic side. There’s tables and plants and toilets and not a whole lotta people. Closes at 6pm though, so you can’t watch the sunset unless its dead winter.

5 Likes

Oh yes that place is great to just chill.
The windows are too dirty to take pictures of planes though haha but great nonetheless. Sadly it closes early

There are a few places in the city where you can find a quiet spot during the weekdays. Not wilderness quiet but still can be chill.

Zhishanyan Cultural and Historical Park 芝山岩文化史蹟公園 in Shilin.

第二霧裡薜圳支流遺址, a very small park with water features tucked away on the corner of Wenzhou St and Wenzhou St Lane 45.

Baoshan Trail 豹山步道 The entrance is a little hard to find on Songshan Rd and the trail in steep so it seems a little less popular.

There are also many quiet trails and places on Yuan Shan behind the Grand Hotel and Ming Chuan University. Try the Jiantan Shan 劍潭山 trail.

4 Likes