Favorite places in Taipei or nearby to just relax by yourself (no cafes or bars)

The parks next to the Yuanshan MRT station, such as Yuanshan Park, Fine Arts Park, and Xinsheng Park are pretty nice during the weekdays.

My favorite spot growing up has been Qingtiangang, but it has gotten too popular.

A good question, not stupid at all. I think it’s a great idea for a thread.

This sounds cool. Great picture. Maybe on an autumn rainy day.

Great suggestion! I didn’t know there was an observation deck at Song shan airport.

Tell us anyway, I’m curious.

There is a park near here that is usually very quiet. You won’t exactly be alone but it’s usually very unpopulated and you get a dose of nature. They just built this park last year over an old military site. Even though it is near some apartment buildings and schools I’ve always found it very quiet. Only near one small road and backs up to the mountains. 299 and other buses go right to it which you can catch near the Yongchun MRT or walk from there for 10 minutes.

Yongchunpi Wetland Park

æ°žæ˜„é™‚ç”Ÿæ…‹æż•ćœ°ć…Źćœ’

3 Likes

TuCheng期柎 & Yongningæ°žćŻ§ Metro Station, some big temples not many people unless some events there, or walk up the mountains/hills behind the station some quiet trails, (there is local bus goes up the hills but we normally walk to somewhere quiet or sit at temple

1 Like

Danshui
and Nangang Park, near Kunyang MRT. A Buddhist Master Nun, who I really respect, told me about Nangang. Try and find the stones and the cube if you can. But sitting by the lake is good too.

If you can “feel energy”, Nangang is very powerful. Warm, feminine, dark, relaxing, healing energy. Sleeping in Nangang for one night, is like sleeping for 4 days somewhere else.

Nangang park energy has apparently been measured by a team of Spanish scientists. They said it was way higher than normal.

Worth a visit, IMO.

3 Likes

I rememeber once going to a temple near tucheng. that was a nice olace with a great view but quiet a walk

2 Likes

:thinking:

2 Likes

Good point, @mad_masala. It was a Dutch guy who measured the energy, not Spanish.

Exactly what I was thinking about, who measured it.

2 Likes

The one on top of hill is a bit of a far walk, I think there is bus you can take up and you walk down, or just stop somewhere before the top and sit and relax. There is a large temple just behind the station, not much for views as its at city level but also a place to relax. The is Lin Family Garden closer to Taipei city is also nice walled in garden/park thought there is small fee as Kao Resident, my local friend had a discount I think with ID>

1 Like

This highly impressive site in Banqiao is only “relaxing” of late if one enjoys being surrounded by aggressive instagammers wearing historical costumes. :neutral_face:

Guy

That garden isnt much quiet when i visited . Its now mostly crowded by insta people

1 Like

If you’re a bit of a nerd, Guanghua & Syntrend Digital Plaza. I used to live by jt and would just go there and see stuff.

1 Like

焊點撖敥 in Dasi is a place where I like to go to have a relaxing time, take a look at the books with historic pictures of Dasi. It’s never busy but I always try to support them cause I don’t want them to go under either. It’s quiet, unique on the inside and have some interesting takes on their coffee/tea. Its relaxing and calm atmosphere is place to sit and reflect. This is not a hipster Starbucks-style joint selling ‘milk’ as a name for type of coffee. I still don’t get why Starbucks does that.

Nearby is Zhongzheng Park and the two old streets. Zhongzheng Park is relatively quiet and has a three storey platform that lets you quietly overlook the river while one old street is full of the shops you’d expect, the other one is a quiet time with virtually no people.

5 Likes

Looks like a great find. Thanks

It’s easy to get to. Take the Tao710 bus all the way to the end from MRT Yongning Station

2 Likes

Wulai

Dip your feet in the hot water by the river.

5 Likes

Just get away from the “old street” chaos if you value peace and quiet!

Guy

Sunshine park is huge, so even if there are many people, there are always quiet secluded spots.
The mountain paths in ShenKeng are nice too.

1 Like

This is true
 A guy I talked to in Nangang Park said it was a Spanish person. But the information in the park says it was a Dutchman.

Thanks for the correction.

1 Like

Wulai is great but it’s a very famous tourist spot. Everytime I went there it’s crowded. Even in summer for some reason lol