Favorite places in Taipei or nearby to just relax by yourself (no cafes or bars)

So… what was the reading? how many Jules?

My favorite spot - home.

2 Likes

It’s a great question.

Perhaps unexpectedly or surprisingly there are spots even in the middle of Taipei on the outskirts where can be completely alone.

1 Like

Thats what i am going for and asking around here. Sometimes there is a random bench in the most corner of a riverside park where no one bother to come often and a person can just sit down , put on some headphones , listen to music or chug some beer and have a little escape.

For something central, I like this riverside park. It’s huge. Almost 12 km long. It’s so big even when there’s people there’s easily 50-100 metres of distance between you. There’s benches, a view of the Xinyi skyline, a small shop selling beer… (a plus in my books). It’s quiet, even moreso in the eastern sides away from the airport…though when I am adjacent to the airport, it isn’t as noticeable as the planes flying overhead in Yuanshan.

4 Likes

A small shop selling beer? Awesome . Any hint where on that area its located?

There’s shops selling drinks/food by the Meiti entrance and Dajia Riverside park.

1 Like

Would be the Maritime Yacht Club

1 Like