Favorite Quotes

“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.”–Mark Twain

Never argue with idiots; they’ll bring you down to their level and then beat you on experience!

(sent to me by my colleague)

Oh, and my boss’s favorite quote, which he uses at least three times a week “Don’t roll in the mud with the pigs, you are going to get dirty”.

“Drunk, fat, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.” - Animal House

[quote=“Tetsuo”]“I’m a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.”
“This job’d be great if it wasn’t for the f***ing customers.”

• Randal Graves, Clerks

“1, 2, 1234 noinch noinch noinch
Smoking weed
Smoking weed
Doing coke
Drinking beers
Drinking beers beers beers
Rolling fatties
Smoking blunts
Who smokes the blunts?
We smoke the blunts
Rolling blunts and smoking blunts”

“I said you love the cock; I must be the craftiest motherf**ker alive

• Jay, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

“Look at this morose motherf**ker right here. Looks like someone shit in his cereal.”

• Jay, Chasing Amy

“English, motherf**ker, do you speak it.”

• Oh come on, we all know this one[/quote]

“The world is stone”.
-Diane Dufresne

I like the extreme self-confidence of this one by Picasso.

[quote=“iris”]Never argue with idiots; they’ll bring you down to their level and then beat you on experience!

(sent to me by my colleague)[/quote]

I’m saving this one. :laughing:

“So what you are saying is that it is OK for me to admire a man’s penis in the shower, but once I put it in my mouth, I have crossed some sort of a line?”

– Bruno (aka Sacha Baron Cohen)

a rush of weird nits will be the consequence… :loco: [/i]

“A man is charmed through his eyes, a woman by what she hears, so no man need be too anxious about his age.”

• Laurie Lee

“A professional is simply one who gets paid for doing what an amateur does for love.”

• Ursula K. LeGuin

“No man on his deathbed ever said, ‘I wish I had spent more time at the office.’”

• Massachusetts Senator Paul Tsongas

“American football is for wild animals.”

• My godfather

Better to be a big fish in a small pond than a small fish in a big pond…

If at first you don’t succeed, sky-diving is not for you. - A colleague

“whoever has trusted a woman has trusted a deceiver, shes out to get your hut” something i read in one of my ancient greek literature classes.

The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.
– Abraham Lincoln

We succeed only as we identify in life, or in war, or in anything else, a single overriding objective, and make all other considerations bend to that one objective.
– Dwight D. Eisenhower

Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.
– John Quincy Adams

“The State fears not its geologists and engineers.” - Georges Clemenceau

Remember with delight the barking on that night

–Chewy

I once felt sorry for myself when I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no legs, and thought that lucky mother he don’t even need shoes.

If you argue for your limitations, you get to keep them.

after 6 years of trying to deal with “old school” Taiwanese I’ve taken a definite shine to this one:

“Never attempt to teach a pig to sing, it wastes your time and annoys the pig.” Lazarus Long
the protagonist of Robert Heinlein 's novel ‘TimeEnoughForLove’

and of course my favourite is the one in my sig below…

[color=black]“Don’t complain about rice, or you get noodles every day.”
-bob_honest[/color]