Favorite Quotes

“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” — Thomas Edison

“A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” – Unknown

“A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

For my man Hobbes :bow:

“In the state of nature profit is the measure of right.”

“Curiosity is the lust of the mind.”

“That a man be willing, when others are so too, as far forth as for peace and defense of himself he shall think it necessary, to lay down this right to all things; and be contented with so much liberty against other men, as he would allow other men against himself.”

“Andy Warhol got it right - everybody gets the limelight. Andy Warhol got it wrong - fifteen minutes is too long.”

Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there.

• anonymous flight instructor

[quote=“Yellow Cartman”]For my man Hobbes :bow:
“In the state of nature profit is the measure of right.”
“Curiosity is the lust of the mind.”
“That a man be willing, when others are so too, as far forth as for peace and defense of himself he shall think it necessary, to lay down this right to all things; and be contented with so much liberty against other men, as he would allow other men against himself.”[/quote]

Cheers YC!

I particularly like the one on curiosity. Got to put that one into a sig at some point.

Returning the favor…

(Yes, finding Cartman quotes online is easy – finding ones that (a) are not guaranteed to offend a number of posters, and (b) don’t require me to censor out half the #*&@%$! words … less easy :laughing: )

“It’s a man’s obligation to stick his boneration in a women’s separation; this sort of penetration will increase the population of the younger generation.”
“It’s an Afghanistan goat, so it can’t stay here, or else it’ll choke on the sweet air of freedom.”

“Dude, that is not cool! Chopping off wee-wee’s is not cool!”

“Kyle: Shut up Cartman! Your body is bigger than the goal!
Cartman: No, I just have a sweet hockey body.”

“You better stop being so poor or else I’m gonna start huckin’ rocks at you.”

“Screw you guys, I’m going home.”

South Park??? Sweeeeeet!

“Asian culture has plagued our fragile Earth for many years. We must end it…” - Stan

Thanks Hobbes :bravo: Great stuff.

Here’s some more:

“Well, I’ve been lickin’ this carpet for 3 whole hours and I don’t feel like a lesbian.” – Eric Cartman

“I just don’t trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn’t die.” – Mr Garrison

“Kenny’s family is so poor that yesterday they had to put their cardboard box up for a second mortgage.” – Eric Cartman

Token: “You mean, you want me around?”
Stan: “Sure, dude, you’re our friend.”
Token: “Yeah, I know. But you guys always rip on me for being rich.”
Stan: “Dude, just because we rip on you for being rich doesn’t mean we don’t like you.”
Kyle: “Yeah. We’re guys, dude. We find something about all our friends to rip on. We made fun of you for being rich just like we make fun of Butters for being wimpy.”
Butters: “They sure do.”
Stan: “Yeah, like we rip on Kyle for being a Jew.”
Kyle: “Right.”
Token: “That’s right, huh?”
Kyle: “And Stan for being in love with Wendy.”
Stan: “Yeah, I get it for that.”
Kyle: “And Cartman for being fat.”
Cartman: “Uh huh.”
Kyle: “And Cartman for being stupid.”
Cartman: “Yeah.”
Kyle: “And Cartman for having a whore for a mom.”
Cartman : “Hey!”
Kyle: “And Cartman for being a sadistic asshole.”
Cartman : “Ey, you did me already!”

“It’s showtime at my balls.” - Deuce

For Hobbes’ alter ego :smiley:

“Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.”

“A good compromise leaves everybody mad.”

“Somewhere in communist Russia I’ll bet there’s a little boy who has never known anything but CENSORSHIP and OPPRESSION. But maybe he’s heard about AMERICA, and he dreams of living in this land of FREEDOM and OPPORTUNITY! Someday, I’d like to meet that little boy… AND TELL HIM THE AWFUL TRUTH ABOUT THIS PLACE!!”
“Calvin, be quiet and eat the stupid lima beans.”

“Childhood is short and maturity is forever.”

“Existence is not only temporary, it’s pointless!”

“It’s not denial. I’m just selective about the reality I accept.”

Hobbes:‘The world isn’t fair, Calvin.’
Calvin: ‘I know, but why isn’t it ever unfair in my favor?’

“People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don’t realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.”

An abode without birds is like meat without seasoning.

The Harivasana

The good things in life are free, some things you just have to pay for.

I’m not a racist, I hate ecerybody equally.

I know that most men even those at ease with problems of the greatest complexity can seldom admit to the simplest and most obvious of truth; if it be such that it oblidge them to admit to a falsity of conclusions which they have delighted in explaining to colleagues, profoundly taught to others, and woven thread by thread into the very fabric of their lives.
Tolstoy, “War and Peace”

From another great Russian writer:

“You’ll take your shots and you’ll like it too!” Bogey.

“If you think there is a solution, then you are part of the problem.” – George Carlin

“The resistance to a new idea increases by the square of its importance.” – Bertrand Russell

“The more I love humanity in general, the less I love man in particular.” – Fyodor Dostoevsky

If you do what you always did, then you’ll get what you was got…
—Mom’s Mabley

The thing about common sense is that it’s not so commom.
—?

Well, let me be frank with you…
—my father who’s name by the way is Frank

Never lay your pearls before swine
—The bible

“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former” - Albert Einstein.

Some eclectic thoughts collected over time…

-The purpose of life is a life of purpose.

-Life is for living, love is for giving.

-I don’t care for a lot, but what I care for I care for allot.

-You are either living or dying.

-Time is life. It is irreversible and irreplaceable. To waste your time is to waste your life, but to master your time is to master your life and make the most of it.

-Sow a thought reap an action. Sow an action reap a habit. Sow a habit reap a character. Sow a character reap a destiny.

-Quod Serveris Metes (As ye sow, so shall ye reap)

-Scientia est Potentia (knowledge is power)

-Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: “What, you, too? I thought I was the only one.”

-Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mahatma Gandhi

-"I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. When they wake up in the morning, that’s as good as they’re going to feel all day. " Frank Sinatra

-“24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.” Stephen Wright

-Design does not end in itself. It has to carry a message to inform the consumer. Brand design = compression of the emotional appeal. Good brand design accelerates communication.

-Now is time for something new, there is nothing you can’t do.

-The thing is bob, is that its not that I am lazy, its that I just don’t care. - Peter Gibbons

-He who hesitates, masturbates. (heard recently on cableguy).

-TEAM = Together everyone accomplishes more

-FAMILY = Father And Mother, I Love You

-IV:XX

(stolen from Eric/Forumosa) Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must move faster than the lion or it will not survive. Every morning a lion wakes up and it knows it must move faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn’t matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be moving.

Add a few more:

T.C.B. - Take care of business.

The only thing I leave behind is my footprints.

Golden rule: Treat others the way you want to be treated.

Golden rule: 1.6180339

It could mean:

“I want ya to take the chicken and hold it between your knees.”

or

“No limit may be set to art, neither is there any craftsman
that is fully master of his craft”

I wish I was a headlight on a north-bound train
I’d shine my light through the cool Colorado rain