Feedback regarding Forumosa's Moderators 2005

Understood.
Unbeknownest to me, the post was moved to the Temporary forum - where one cannot ‘edit’ - while I was editing by adding links to articles to the post.
Fast action it would appear.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Understood.
Unbeknownest to me, the post was moved to the Temporary forum - where one cannot ‘edit’ - while I was editing by adding links to articles to the post.
Fast action it would appear.[/quote]

Well Tex, Ah’m not shootin’ everthin’ that moves, just the stuff that wiggles. :wink:

I want to commend the moderating of 914 a few weeks back. Before she was about the delete a flounder thread of mine on Eskimos, she actually PM’d me beforehand. I’ve had many messages disappear into thin air without an explanation of why they were deleted. In this instance, she asked me to clean it. I told her I liked a certain amount of crudeness in some of my flounder posts and it would stay that way. In the end --my thread stayed :bravo:

No matter how crude, lewd, or off-topic a post is – there should be some notification process! I’m glad things are changing for the better,

Great moderating 914 :notworthy:

So 914 really is female?

I always wondered about that.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]So 914 really is female?

I always wondered about that.[/quote]

Chewy you’re in deep shit now! :astonished:

Flicka.

She is a katooey :smiling_imp:

It is hard to tell with some of these body builders, all muscle and no genetalia.

So where are the nutsacks and panties I was promised in the tittle ?

Ooops…looks like I ventured into a [color=red]restricted area[/color].

I’m just trying to save you guys a little time later on when you ban me again.

Sheesh. Try to do people a favor around here and look what it gets you. Group hu . . . oh yeah, never mind.

Squid Licious, Rockin the Flounder Forum

[quote=“Chewycorns”]I want to commend the moderating of 914 a few weeks back. Before she was about the delete a flounder thread of mine on Eskimos, she actually PM’d me beforehand. I’ve had many messages disappear into thin air without an explanation of why they were deleted. In this instance, she asked me to clean it. I told her I liked a certain amount of crudeness in some of my flounder posts and it would stay that way. In the end --my thread stayed :bravo:

No matter how crude, lewd, or off-topic a post is – there should be some notification process! I’m glad things are changing for the better,

Great moderating 914 :notworthy:[/quote]
Thanks for the positive vibe, Chewy.

I follow the “if in doubt just ask the poster” rule. After a while you get a feel for everyone’s posting style. Your posts are quite crude at times, so as long as you understand that I understand that you understand, we’re cool.

Don’t believe what these geezers say, Tainan Cowboy. I’m all dude. Check out my avatar. :smiley:

Cheers,

I would like to lodge a complaint about Maoman’s moderation.

In a nutshell, he has “warned” me to back off from “racist” postings, when the posts in question were in fact sober social-scientific discussions of the race issue. The postings in question have been excised, I’m sure you can find them easily enough.

This is not the first time this has happened, by the way.

[quote=“Screaming Jesus”]I would like to lodge a complaint about Maoman’s moderation.

In a nutshell, he has “warned” me to back off from “racist” postings, when the posts in question were in fact sober social-scientific discussions of the race issue. The postings in question have been excised, I’m sure you can find them easily enough.

This is not the first time this has happened, by the way.[/quote]

SJ, I think it may have something to do with the relative ease you bring “biology” into a conversation. I cringed myself at the school thread, as I felt you inclusion of “biology” was off-center, at best.

I respect free speech, and you can say what you want, but please remember, that particular social scientific theory is highly disputed, and when presented, needs the gentle use of kid gloves IMVHO.

You can’t just slap that bloody side of beef on the dining room table, and not expect people to gasp.

peace

jds

Why is it that the only people I find whining about Maoman’s moderating are previously banned posters? Kinda tells you something…

And while I’m on it, why is it that the only people citing racist theories by Rushton to support their views are ALSO previously banned posters? Go figure! :unamused:

[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 631#392631](Bush advocates Intelligent Design

I know the post and believe that it got what it deserved. There is more to consider than whether or not a particular post is “scientific”. Last I checked forumosa wasn’t purely a science forum.

I didn’t see anything wrong with it. I think I kind of agree with where SJ is coming from.

I’d like to hear more about the topic to be honest. Seems like it’s right in line with a nature/nurture discussion.

So much for the “Forumosa is a much friendier place…” that I was just telling a friend. I read the “Add oil” thread in the Learning Chinese Forum, and thought alidarbac’s remark “加牛糞?” was funny as hell so I posted this “” and to my greatest surprise I got this very OTT warning from Ironlady:

[quote=“ironlady”]You have been warned about this before. Do not post:

1. Multiple “smilies”
  2. Posts without any words or content.

I’m not going to waste my time warning you about this again. I will just erase your posts for as long as I can stand it (not long) and then propose you for banning.

Ironlady
Learning Chinese[/quote]

And to think that was my first post in the LC forum since my return :unamused:

Sure, there wasn’t any text content perse but I think my smilie was sufficed and to the point.

Whichever the case, that was really uncalled for of you, Ironlady. Should’ve waited til I start spamming the forum with single smilies so you won’t look like someone who is still holding a grudge against me and is trying to get me banned.

I will stay out of the LC forum from now on. But believe you me, it WON’T be my loss.

Thanks to you, my FOND memory of Forumosa is slowing crawling back to me.

I still think Ironlady is unsuitable for a mod and would REALLY like to see her taken off the mod squad.

Thanks for reading.

Hey, you know the rules. Sounds fair to me. It’s not like you didn’t get warned about it repeatedly before.

Your stupid single (and multiple) animation gifs that add nothing to the topic annoy the crap out of me too.
And countless others, I’m sure.

[quote=“Josefus”]Your stupid single (and multiple) animation gifs that add nothing to the topic annoy the crap out of me too.
And countless others, I’m sure.[/quote]

They might be annoying to you (ignore me for all I care) but they DO have everything to do with the topic. DO NOT tell me how to express myself. Thank you. :unamused: